High-end hotel opens in Sihanoukville

geovalin

A new five-star hotel with more than 200 luxury rooms has opened in Sihanoukville.

Sunshine Bay Hotel and Resort had its grand opening on Friday, according to a post on the Facebook page of the Ministry of Tourism. A group of ministry officials led by Minister Thong Khon were among the guests from Cambodia and abroad who attended the ceremony.

(...)

For their part, officials from the Ministry of Tourism lauded the company for developing the project, which will be among the biggest hotels in the coastal province. According to them, such projects enhance the quality of tourism services, create employment opportunities and reduce poverty.

The hotel has 222 rooms and is manned by a 1,500 staff. Preah Sihanouk province, one of the fastest-growing areas in the Kingdom, is experiencing a building boom. In the last three years, more than 200 property projects, many of them luxury hotels, have been built in different parts of the province and its capital city.

READ MORE https://www.khmertimeskh.com/50653037/high-end-hotel-opens-in-sihanoukville/

6 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

For those who want the "Chinese experience" without going to China... :whistling:

I can't see why any Westerner would want to go to Sihanoukville after the nefarious changes Chinese investors made to this city... :sad: 

I went there long BEFORE the Chinese invasion, and it sucked then, too.

3 hours ago, J Town said:

I would disagree...

The east part of the city was a really paradisiac natural area,

with very long nice beaches, crystal water, lovely islands... :thumbsup:

3 hours ago, J Town said:
10 hours ago, Pattaya46 said:

For those who want the "Chinese experience" without going to China... :whistling:

I can't see why any Westerner would want to go to Sihanoukville after the nefarious changes Chinese investors made to this city... :sad: 

a lot of decent food there. on rented scooter not bad. beach may be dirty now?  the place that feels like china is bavet cambodia. 

23 hours ago, geovalin said:

For their part, officials from the Ministry of Tourism lauded the company for developing the project, which will be among the biggest hotels in the coastal province. According to them, such projects enhance the quality of tourism services, create employment opportunities and reduce poverty.

Chinese built for the Chinese tourist, all food/beverages/supplies will be shipped in from China as apposed to being locally sourced [unless from a Chinese supplier] all the revenue earned by the hotel will stay in Chinese pockets adding nothing to the local peoples benefit!

Archived