Large contingent of police waiting to arrest "no work permit" French pensioner in Samui

webfact

There is more to this story than we know about.  My guess is he is a cunning mastermind that planned to secretly take over the local French bakery business on the island and force the opposition out of business.  Makro being in the Quissant business (just go with it!) got wind off his plan and called in a few favours from the BIB.   Now His plan is down the toilet....real shame as I love a real Quissant or 2 with ham,  cheese and salami.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Please explain why this criminal is poor.

Let me guess, you didnt read the original article as you have no time to learn to read Thai.

I read the article. You're right; it does not say the Frenchman lacks financial resources. But colinneil clarified what he meant already. The article just says he was working for a company. NaewNa didn't name the company, just said he was on a "management committee" or board of directors, if you prefer. 

I laughed when saw how NaewNa transliterated the guy's middle name, Georges, pronounced "Jaw-guess." ????

4 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is there a statistic how many local criminals the Samui police arrested recently?

Or are all Thais on that island following all the laws all the time?

Hmm,...never heard of criminals arresting themselves or there family members !?!?

When I read this sort of stuff I remember how right we were to leave Thailand. For the smug on this sight: if you can not see how wrong this is you are morally lost. Welcome to Thailand where foreigners are persecuted in every way. It brings back the memory of 6 police vehicles pulling up at my house full of police to check my immigration status (not working and I suppose living at the address which I had a yellow residency book for). 72 years old, this is so wrong on so many levels and if you can nor see that, then I pitty you. 

1 hour ago, Neeranam said:

70 ain't old these days.

Should El Chapo be treated lightly as he is a pensioner?

Doubt he would have needed a "pension" from any government even the ones he owned.

I was certainly not considering 70 as old, but seniors vary greatly in health, mental ability, cognition. 

22 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

When I read this sort of stuff I remember how right we were to leave Thailand. For the smug on this sight: if you can not see how wrong this is you are morally lost. Welcome to Thailand where foreigners are persecuted in every way. It brings back the memory of 6 police vehicles pulling up at my house full of police to check my immigration status (not working and I suppose living at the address which I had a yellow residency book for). 72 years old, this is so wrong on so many levels and if you can nor see that, then I pitty you. 

Wrong?

He broke the law, working without a permit, perhaps the number of officers from different branch was unnecessary, but they have a right to enforce their own laws 

4 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Please explain why this criminal is poor.

Let me guess, you didnt read the original article as you have no time to learn to read Thai.

Looking for a little pat on the head are we....well done you can read thai...and want the entire TVF to know....

35 minutes ago, Ebumbu said:

70 years old. That must suck. I hope he has resources, can recover quickly, and reboot elsewhere. 

There are consequences for decisions we make.

He chose to break the immigration laws, has been caught and now has to take responsibility for his choices

2 hours ago, Neeranam said:

70 ain't old these days.

Should El Chapo be treated lightly as he is a pensioner?

did you seriously just equate a Mexican drug cartel leader with some French guy who is working without a work permit? 

I have heard of stretching it, but that is nuts

7 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Wrong?

He broke the law, working without a permit, perhaps the number of officers from different branch was unnecessary, but they have a right to enforce their own laws 

Mr R. And you still can't see, are you so blinded? Again it was morally wrong what the police did and so unjustly xenophobic "racist" and you can't see it. Not one post has said he should not be punished for breaking the law as should people who drop litter. I think you are the type of person who quickly jumps to retort of "if you don't like it leave" and "your a guest" or other stupid retorts. It is not wrong to expect the same justice and treatment as Tbais get in Thailand. To try and justify what the police did to this old boy is just so morally wrong I feel sad for you. 2 police would have been enough and not being publicly humiliated by being paraded in front of media with cameras flashing like a mass murderer or the arrest of Ronnie Briggs (he was actually treated with more humanity). Let's hope 6 vehicles don't pull up to your home full of armed police to arrest you for being reported for dropping a bit of paper in the street. Cameras and media in tow. Have a nice life. 

6 minutes ago, Scot123 said:

Mr R. And you still can't see, are you so blinded? Again it was morally wrong what the police did and so unjustly xenophobic "racist" and you can't see it. Not one post has said he should not be punished for breaking the law as should people who drop litter. I think you are the type of person who quickly jumps to retort of "if you don't like it leave" and "your a guest" or other stupid retorts. It is not wrong to expect the same justice and treatment as Tbais get in Thailand. To try and justify what the police did to this old boy is just so morally wrong I feel sad for you. 2 police would have been enough and not being publicly humiliated by being paraded in front of media with cameras flashing like a mass murderer or the arrest of Ronnie Briggs (he was actually treated with more humanity). Let's hope 6 vehicles don't pull up to your home full of armed police to arrest you for being reported for dropping a bit of paper in the street. Cameras and media in tow. Have a nice life. 

They arrested a law breaker, you are the one who is making "moral" judgements here, about the police behaviour about which you have no first hand knowledge.

We have no idea how he was treated, what they said to him, how he has been treated, but you seem to want to equate this to YOUR trauma, which has no bearing on this man.

I am sad that your trauma remains with you, and colours your point of view, and gives you the ability to pass judgements on others about whom you know nothing at all.

I justified NOTHING that is your incorrect interpretation, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Was he picking up friends at the ferry?

7 hours ago, worgeordie said:

It's said he was at the Airport,most likely running a

illegal guest house,or maybe some other serious offence????

regards Worgeordie

Think this is a follow up on this news topic. 

7 hours ago, crazykopite said:

???????????????????? so many police I don’t think a 72 year old man can run very fast I’m 68 pretty fit but after running 50 metres at speed I would collapse .

Looks like  healine is miss leading as only  4 police  there

2 from immigration  and 2 from tourist police

They were acting in a warrant so i dont  know  why people are saying  the police  did anything  wrong 

So what people are saying is that the police  should  have ignored the warrant?

Strange 

Just because  he is 72 seems like his age doesnt stop him from working 

Also what about  all you lot that go to the trouble of making  work permits and business  visas are you happy for other people to jump the queue?

Age has  nothing  to do with it

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That what I assumed he meant.

There is nothing to suggest the pensioner has little money. 

Let the man answer for himself.

Ever heard the Thai proverb about teaching a crocodile to swim ? If not google it.

The man can't answer for himself as he has been arrested for working without a permit....????

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

They arrested a law breaker, you are the one who is making "moral" judgements here, about the police behaviour about which you have no first hand knowledge.

We have no idea how he was treated, what they said to him, how he has been treated, but you seem to want to equate this to YOUR trauma, which has no bearing on this man.

I am sad that your trauma remains with you, and colours your point of view, and gives you the ability to pass judgements on others about whom you know nothing at all.

I justified NOTHING that is your incorrect interpretation, but you are entitled to your own opinion.

Really. You did read the ARTICLE? POLICE ON MASS ARREST A 70+ FARANG AT THE AIRPORT FOR THE SUSPECTED CRIME OF WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT.... Are you for real? And you still try to justify this.... OMG! You are really unbelievable. You do know that doing nearly every manual job a farang does technically requires a work permit from cutting your grass to even driving your own car. So you being such a law abiding person you must have many thai people working for you... 

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Really. You did read the ARTICLE? POLICE ON MASS ARREST A 70+ FARANG AT THE AIRPORT FOR THE SUSPECTED CRIME OF WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT.... Are you for real? And you still try to justify this.... OMG! You are really unbelievable. You do know that doing nearly every manual job a farang does technically requires a work permit from cutting your grass to even driving your own car. So you being such a law abiding person you must have many thai people working for you... 

It's pretty obvious this guy has never broken a law in his life.  He has never rolled through a stop sign, jaywalked or crossed at anything other than a designated zebra crossing.  Never indulged in a happy ending.  Never dropped a scrap of litter.  Never had a sip of beer of tried a puff of a cigarette before the legal age.  Never experimented with a drug.  Never bought a bottle of beer on an alcohol-free holiday and has never spit on the sidewalk.  Ever!  Ever in his entire life!

2 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

5 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Define MASS, we do not know the number, could be four, could be 12, neither you nor I know.

As for your assertion about needing work permits for cutting grass etc, it is an over the exaggeration, as  you know, as is the rest of the post,  especially as you have no first hand knowledge, but feel free to rant on, expend your emotional energy 

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yet you feel free and just labeling him a criminal and claiming he did indeed break a law, then claiming no one knows the true story.  Sending more than one car with one officer to arrest this guy for suspicion of working illegally is a waste of resources. Get to the back of the line.  Try harder.

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na reported that a contingent of Surat Thani immigration police, Tourist police and Bo Phut officers mounted an arrest of a 72 year old French pensioner at Koh Samui International Airport.

This type of crime must be stamped out... heinous crime!

Ridiculous !

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

This type of crime must be stamped out... heinous crime!

Ridiculous !

It almost makes me want to actually get caught help my elderly neighbor prune her bushes, or carrying her old furniture outside when she replaces it.  Maybe even volunteer working for free to better the community somewhere without a work permit.  I could go back home and have the most hardcore story in the entire hood.  "I was doing some illegal <deleted>.  They finally caught up to me at the airport.   Stormed in with guns drawn, must have been 40-50 <deleted>  They knew I was no joke, they knew I was hardcore.  I'm a menace to society!  Public Enemy #1, on the forrealah! What you got on my 40, Smokey?  

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

What I will never understand:

come to do a prohibited trade without WP on an island as mafia as Koh Samui ..
Some farang, regardless of their nationality, really have a pea in place of the brain :crazy:

What I will never understand is that you have nothing to indicate he did anything wrong at all.  Someone reported him, the police put on a way over the top show, and you are already saying he is guilty.  How many times have we read that jealous gfs threatened to call immigration and have foreigners arrested?  Or disgruntled neighbors?  Or just racist idiots?  Or angry ex boyfriends?  What makes you so sure he did anything wrong at all? 

Archived