Large contingent of police waiting to arrest "no work permit" French pensioner in Samui

webfact

10 minutes ago, keysersoze276 said:

It almost makes me want to actually get caught help my elderly neighbor prune her bushes,

I would stay well away from your neighbours bush.... the outcome could be worse than immigration visiting you.

????

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Assurancetourix said:

Because I have read the article in thai language ...

Do as I did and you will know .  :jap:

Do you believe American media?

British media?  Seriously, if you take any media, especially what Thai media says as truth (it's filtered by the government, as you should know), I will sell you some beach front property in Florida for reallllly cheap.  You read the article in Thai language?  Dude, I am sure you have a completely clear and definite account of the truth.   LMAO

20 hours ago, Neeranam said:

Please explain why this criminal is poor.

Let me guess, you didnt read the original article as you have no time to learn to read Thai.

Let me guess. You have no idea that the word 'poor' has two meanings in the English language.

Poor - meaning 'needy.'   Thai - ขัดสน

Poor - meaning 'pitiful.'   Thai - น่าสงสาร

Even Thais know the difference. 

How come you don't?

Let me guess, you didnt read the original article as you have no time to learn to read Thai.

I actually got a one year Ed Visa years ago, with full intent on learning to speak and read Thai.  Two months into my one year visa, immigration changed the rules, cut my one year I was already granted and paid for into a six month visa.  Forced me to pay again for the same visa while cutting it to six months, then the IO (Poipet, this was seriously the first day they started their insanity), refused to give me the visa I had already paid for and was still valid in my passport, demanded 5000 baht to make things go smoother, all the while I was sitting there sweating like a pig with five broken ribs and a broken collar bone from a motorcycle accident two weeks before, passing out from the pain, heat, and general uncomfortable confusion.

So no, it didn't work out.  Never had the slightest interest in learning to read Thai after that.

Would you like to teach me Thai?  You could end up on the front page of the TV newsletter, complete with an oversized vinyl flowchart with a dozen or so immigration police pointing their fingers in your eye for a photoshoot publicly shaming you and posting it anywhere they could.  You wanna be famous?  Ok.  I'll join your class.

5 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

So happy to be in Vietnam. What a miserable petty lot in Thailand. Here on Cat Ba Island. 450ml Bia Ha Noi in Minimart restaurant cafe, 15,000 dong (20 baht) a 450 ml bottle, friendly staff and nice table and chairs. 

On the slops  early and reading TV, exciting life in Vietnam????????????

Please explain why this criminal is poor.

Yes I read original Thai article, and ?

And the typical case of the Thai partner who denounces the foreign partner for taking the entire company, the Frenchman had a 30-day tourist visa had come to work 30 days? Make me laugh

6 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

So happy to be in Vietnam. What a miserable petty lot in Thailand. Here on Cat Ba Island. 450ml Bia Ha Noi in Minimart restaurant cafe, 15,000 dong (20 baht) a 450 ml bottle, friendly staff and nice table and chairs. 

I feel you.  I am in the process to moving to Da Nang.  I am in Bangkok now to get my stuff  Got the one year visa to VN, opened a bank account, all that.  Easy peasy, friendly, cheap.  Standing in line at BKK immigration with a visa in hand, I considered not even bothering with getting my stuff and just leaving it there and buying all near gear in VN fr cheaeeeap.  I missed the friendly smiles in VN as soon as I got off the airplane in BKK.  Cat Ba Island, I do not know, but it sounds better than this dull, dreary place.  I have basically stayed in my room this week so far in Thailand.  I used to think it was the greatest, and it was.  Those days are long gone.  Miserable country.  I want no part of it.  I'm picking up a few things and most likely never coming back.  No one smiles unless they want to sell you something overpriced.  I seriously contemplated snatching my passport out of the IO's hand and saying neverming, I feel uncomfortable with your general persona.  no dying need for me to even be here.  HCM was a little hectic for my taste.  Loved Da Nang.  I have never seen such a huge beautiful and clean beach in Thailand ever.  And all worry free.  No one bothers you shoving trinkets in your face as you are reading your book, or taking a little beach nap, or anything minding your own business.  It was insanely peacful and pleasent (some may say boring even).  I loved it and it's my new home indefinitely!

18 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Tim

19 minutes ago, Olmate said:

Time has come for pensioners in Thailand to don their nappies and be so bold to come to paradise. It's not that hard, just a flight away. Wake up and smell the coffee. Thailand died long ago.

2 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Tim

Time has come for pensioners in Thailand to don their nappies and be so bold to come to paradise. It's not that hard, just a flight away. Wake up and smell the coffee. Thailand died long ago.

Woah, woah, woah!  Let them stay here and play with themselves like crabs in a bucket.

23 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Tim

Can’t smell the coffee, it’s the cheap beer on the steps of 7/11!

12 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Really. You did read the ARTICLE? POLICE ON MASS ARREST A 70+ FARANG AT THE AIRPORT FOR THE SUSPECTED CRIME OF WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT.... Are you for real? And you still try to justify this.... OMG! You are really unbelievable. You do know that doing nearly every manual job a farang does technically requires a work permit from cutting your grass to even driving your own car. So you being such a law abiding person you must have many thai people working for you... 

The article says mass police but only 4 in the photo 

The headline  looks very  miss leading

Plus probably more to it thab just  a work permit

What if he was making millions but too tight  to ger a work permit then his own fault 

33 minutes ago, BigC said:

The article says mass police but only 4 in the photo 

The headline  looks very  miss leading

Plus probably more to it thab just  a work permit

What if he was making millions but too tight  to ger a work permit then his own fault 

Being French in Vietnam is a drawback, same same here. Specially when you upset the taxi business as in his case. Can’t, say 4 members is overkill!

On 10/23/2019 at 8:15 AM, keysersoze276 said:

I actually got a one year Ed Visa years ago, with full intent on learning to speak and read Thai.  Two months into my one year visa, immigration changed the rules, cut my one year I was already granted and paid for into a six month visa.  Forced me to pay again for the same visa while cutting it to six months, then the IO (Poipet, this was seriously the first day they started their insanity), refused to give me the visa I had already paid for and was still valid in my passport, demanded 5000 baht to make things go smoother, all the while I was sitting there sweating like a pig with five broken ribs and a broken collar bone from a motorcycle accident two weeks before, passing out from the pain, heat, and general uncomfortable confusion.

So no, it didn't work out.  Never had the slightest interest in learning to read Thai after that.

Would you like to teach me Thai?  You could end up on the front page of the TV newsletter, complete with an oversized vinyl flowchart with a dozen or so immigration police pointing their fingers in your eye for a photoshoot publicly shaming you and posting it anywhere they could.  You wanna be famous?  Ok.  I'll join your class.

It took me 1 month to learn to read Thai, 30 min a day from an AUA book, a 3 year old can do it, well my kidsndid by that age.

I was thinking about of teaching Thai to foreigners next year. Why would I be publicly shamed? Not sure what you're  going on about.

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

It took me 1 month to learn to read Thai, 30 min a day from an AUA book, a 3 year old can do it, well my kidsndid by that age.

I was thinking about of teaching Thai to foreigners next year. Why would I be publicly shamed? Not sure what you're  going on about.

Wow, one month.....Did they give you a degree for next years WP...?

4 minutes ago, transam said:

Wow, one month.....Did they give you a degree for next years WP...?

One month is the recommened time to learn to read and write. Good book which they still have at AUA, nothing special about it. No need for sarcastic comments. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

One month is the recommened time to kearn to read and write. Good book which they still have at AUA, nothing special about it. No need for sarcastic comments. 

Well you spelled "learn" wrong in a couple of minutes, how you can read, write, and I assume speak  Thai in a month is astounding....????

1 minute ago, transam said:

Well you spelled "learn" wrong in a couple of minutes, how you can read, write, and I assume speak  Thai in a month is astounding....????

And you didn't  even spot the other spelling mistake, recommended. Dont get a job as a proofreader. 

1 minute ago, Neeranam said:

And you didn't  even spot the other spelling mistake, recommended. Dont get a job as a proofreader. 

No I didn't, I had to stop to suss out "kearn".....I was just amazed you can do all the Thai lingo stuff in a month yet make English mistakes...

I do have an excellent spell check though for my inadequacy......????

2 minutes ago, transam said:

No I didn't, I had to stop to suss out "kearn".....I was just amazed you can do all the Thai lingo stuff in a month yet make English mistakes...

Do you seriously think I cant spell "learn"?

You need to find some friends buddy, join a club or something. Or learn a new language ????

4 minutes ago, Neeranam said:

Do you seriously think I cant spell "learn"?

You need to find some friends buddy, join a club or something. Or learn a new language ????

No, but you do not check your work, or have a spell check, I find that strange for a bloke that after just one month is in a position to teach his new language....????

PS. I do not need to join any clubs, I have you lot and my waterside hangout...????

On 10/22/2019 at 8:06 AM, Tropposurfer said:

Can’t trust them Froggies ????????????????????????????????????????????????

Don’t matter how old or whatever; You break the laws of any country, yours or another’s and you carry the consequences. See ya scammer ????????????????????????????????

Bitter and twisted and just plain mean.

19 minutes ago, transam said:

It was a typo not a misspelling. Pitiful to draw attention to it.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:38 AM, Neeranam said:

One month is the recommened time to learn to read and write. Good book which they still have at AUA, nothing special about it. No need for sarcastic comments. 

Well done I struggle but maybe because I not here permanently yet. But may give this book a go 

Good Advice 

Is this the same Frenchie who had his picture snapped at the pier? So someone had it in for him. I don't look at it as anything serious, but unfortunately this country does. I would think that if you pick your nose or scratch your erse with those being an actual professions, then you would be arrested and deported. He really should have just been warned and wared hard. 

Archived