BANGKOK
webfact

Large contingent of police waiting to arrest "no work permit" French pensioner in Samui

Jeez. Must be a well built dangerous old guy if it needs all that lot to arrest him. Obviously got nothing  better to do with their time 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Neeranam said:

That what I assumed he meant.

There is nothing to suggest the pensioner has little money. 

Let the man answer for himself.

Ever heard the Thai proverb about teaching a crocodile to swim ? If not google it.

The man can't answer for himself as he has been arrested for working without a permit....😆

3 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Really. You did read the ARTICLE? POLICE ON MASS ARREST A 70+ FARANG AT THE AIRPORT FOR THE SUSPECTED CRIME OF WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT.... Are you for real? And you still try to justify this.... OMG! You are really unbelievable. You do know that doing nearly every manual job a farang does technically requires a work permit from cutting your grass to even driving your own car. So you being such a law abiding person you must have many thai people working for you... 

It's pretty obvious this guy has never broken a law in his life.  He has never rolled through a stop sign, jaywalked or crossed at anything other than a designated zebra crossing.  Never indulged in a happy ending.  Never dropped a scrap of litter.  Never had a sip of beer of tried a puff of a cigarette before the legal age.  Never experimented with a drug.  Never bought a bottle of beer on an alcohol-free holiday and has never spit on the sidewalk.  Ever!  Ever in his entire life!

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mauGR1 said:

Yes, if i remember well, he gave a lift to some tourists to the ferry.. Is that criminal ?

Apparently in this nanny state it is.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, keysersoze276 said:

5 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Really. You did read the ARTICLE? POLICE ON MASS ARREST A 70+ FARANG AT THE AIRPORT FOR THE SUSPECTED CRIME OF WORKING WITHOUT A PERMIT.... Are you for real? And you still try to justify this.... OMG! You are really unbelievable. You do know that doing nearly every manual job a farang does technically requires a work permit from cutting your grass to even driving your own car. So you being such a law abiding person you must have many thai people working for you... 

Define MASS, we do not know the number, could be four, could be 12, neither you nor I know.

As for your assertion about needing work permits for cutting grass etc, it is an over the exaggeration, as  you know, as is the rest of the post,  especially as you have no first hand knowledge, but feel free to rant on, expend your emotional energy 

Edited by RJRS1301

3 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Yet you feel free and just labeling him a criminal and claiming he did indeed break a law, then claiming no one knows the true story.  Sending more than one car with one officer to arrest this guy for suspicion of working illegally is a waste of resources. Get to the back of the line.  Try harder.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, webfact said:

Naew Na reported that a contingent of Surat Thani immigration police, Tourist police and Bo Phut officers mounted an arrest of a 72 year old French pensioner at Koh Samui International Airport.

This type of crime must be stamped out... heinous crime!

Ridiculous !

2 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

This type of crime must be stamped out... heinous crime!

Ridiculous !

It almost makes me want to actually get caught help my elderly neighbor prune her bushes, or carrying her old furniture outside when she replaces it.  Maybe even volunteer working for free to better the community somewhere without a work permit.  I could go back home and have the most hardcore story in the entire hood.  "I was doing some illegal <deleted>.  They finally caught up to me at the airport.   Stormed in with guns drawn, must have been 40-50 <deleted>  They knew I was no joke, they knew I was hardcore.  I'm a menace to society!  Public Enemy #1, on the forrealah! What you got on my 40, Smokey?  

What I will never understand:

come to do a prohibited trade without WP on an island as mafia as Koh Samui ..
Some farang, regardless of their nationality, really have a pea in place of the brain :crazy:

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Assurancetourix said:

What I will never understand:

come to do a prohibited trade without WP on an island as mafia as Koh Samui ..
Some farang, regardless of their nationality, really have a pea in place of the brain :crazy:

What I will never understand is that you have nothing to indicate he did anything wrong at all.  Someone reported him, the police put on a way over the top show, and you are already saying he is guilty.  How many times have we read that jealous gfs threatened to call immigration and have foreigners arrested?  Or disgruntled neighbors?  Or just racist idiots?  Or angry ex boyfriends?  What makes you so sure he did anything wrong at all? 

• Like 1

Sleep a lot safer now I know the bib are on the trail of the old desperado,if you can,t do the time,don,t do the crime.

1 minute ago, keysersoze276 said:

What makes you so sure he did anything wrong at all?

Because I have read the article in thai language ...

Do as I did and you will know .  :jap: