Minster targets 20,000 less accidents a year in "culture of safety" initiative

webfact

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Aj Mick said:

Words, words, and more words..... let's see what happens!

We all know, nothing is going to change.....this is just a empty slogan,...wishful thinking !!!

"culture of safety" !?!?? 55555555555555

2 hours ago, BobbyL said:

People mention Thai people being very respectful, which they mostly are, but one important thing they sadly do not have is a respect for the laws of the road. 

Agreed, but the 'respectfulness' ends when they drive their vehicles (Fortuner drivers are notorious for this)

Me and many other foreigner who are coming from countries with less deadly accidents - and this are the most countries in the world - can tell the government what´s wrong in Thailand. But because we are stupid foreigners they will never listen. 

1 minute ago, CNXexpat said:

Me and many other foreigner who are coming from countries with less deadly accidents - and this are the most countries in the world - can tell the government what´s wrong in Thailand. But because we are stupid foreigners they will never listen. 

Well if some tourist decided to tell us how to run things in the USA we wouldnt listen either. Because you would be a stupid foreigner.

But hey maybe in your country? Where ya from.....Im sure I could come over there and improve things.

7 minutes ago, Nyezhov said:

Well if some tourist decided to tell us how to run things in the USA we wouldnt listen either. Because you would be a stupid foreigner.

But hey maybe in your country? Where ya from.....Im sure I could come over there and improve things.

Every idiot can see since years in the statistics that more than 70% of the traffic deaths are motorcycle drivers and most of them wear no helmets. But the smart Thai minister thinks that it´s a good idea that every car and motorcycle needs a GPS to prevent accidents. Yeah, the Thai way is MUCH better than the way of all oother counties in the world to enforce the law to wear helmets. Stupid farangs. So let the Thais (70 million people, 24,000 traffic deaths) come to by example Germany with 83 million people and 3,500 traffic deaths and tell them what the Germans can do better. LOL

Based on the way they address other issues I'm sure the solution will be barely thought out. Something like timing all traffic signals so that only one car can pass at a time, or eliminating right hand turns at intersections in favor of u-turns further down the road. or speed bumps on highway 9. I dunno. I just know it will be knee-jerk and won't really address the problem.

28 minutes ago, CNXexpat said:

So let the Thais (70 million people, 24,000 traffic deaths) come to by example Germany with 83 million people and 3,500 traffic deaths and tell them what the Germans can do better. LOL

Ah? You want me to come over there and fix things in Germany? 

5 hours ago, worgeordie said:

Get rid of the two way u-turns,have one turning Left only,

then another at least 100 yards away turning Right only.

One near us over the last few years 20 + people have been killed

and that's only one.

regards Worgeordie

Except I see people using u turns clearly marked for one direction only still being used both ways.  I have even seen police using them that way.

I know we know how bad Thais drive are but just check out YouTube and input ""China car crash"" and see how they drive they make the Thai driver seem like mature experienced drivers.  The Chinese driver have not got a clue none, zilch, nada.

43 minutes ago, akampa said:

I know we know how bad Thais drive are but just check out YouTube and input ""China car crash"" and see how they drive they make the Thai driver seem like mature experienced drivers.  The Chinese driver have not got a clue none, zilch, nada.

It was kind of gnarly driving over there.

1 hour ago, akampa said:

Yes, they also drive like idiots. But at the end they have less traffic deaths per 100.000 cars than Thailand. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

A leading member of the government has called for " a long term culture of safety" to be initiated on the Thai roads. 

Deputy interior minister Niphon Bunyamanee wants to see 20,000 less accidents on the Thai roads per year. 

And, as always, words and nothing done!
However, it is better to have 20,000 fewer deaths than 20,000 fewer accidents!

20 hours ago, webfact said:

A leading member of the government has called for " a long term culture of safety" to be initiated on the Thai roads.

Thailand has an even longer "culture of euthanasia" on Thai roads... good luck with changing millions of mind-sets !

15 hours ago, akampa said:

We do not care about what is going on, badly, in another country;
why do not you take as an example what is happening in Great Britain where there are more inhabitants than in Thailand and ten times less dead on the roads?

Archived