Non o multi entry at Swampy

Lots of topics about rejections at Swampy and Don Muang airports for people with tourist visas, any reports of problems for those with more than 2 multi o visas based on marriage (plus 3 or 4 Laos visas) in their passport. And, any reports of io demanding to see 20k with holders of such visas?

• Confused 3
  • Haha 1

No, there is nothing heard about that.

The reason is probably, that you as a holder of the right visa has a reason to stay and live in Thailand. That when they are checking a lot on tourist visas, because so many tried to use that kind for living in Thailand, which is not the right visa for.

I am pretty sure you can rely upon beeing welcome to Thailand this time and in the future with the visa you have, because it suits the right purpose.

On 10/22/2019 at 12:31 PM, Matzzon said:

No, there is nothing heard about that.

The reason is probably, that you as a holder of the right visa has a reason to stay and live in Thailand. That when they are checking a lot on tourist visas, because so many tried to use that kind for living in Thailand, which is not the right visa for.

Why can't someone on a tourist visa be a perpetual tourist travelling around Thailand? There's lots to see and do in Thailand. Even most Thai people haven't even seen and travelled to a lot places in Thailand themselves.

Edited by bbi1

31 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Why can't someone on a tourist visa be a perpetual tourist travelling around Thailand? There's lots to see and do in Thailand. Even most Thai people haven't even seen and travelled to a lot places in Thailand themselves.

It has nothing to do with that. A tourist visa is not intended to be used for long stay. Long stay or using it to live in Thailand is approx considered to be over 6 month.

It´s not me making the rules, but I definately agree with them. On the other hand, if so many wouldn´t have abuse these kind of visas over long time. They would not have to implement special rules and much cgecks for people with tourist visas.

28 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

It's always good to have at least 20K cash on you, regardless what you read on certain websites.

Makes me wonder: Has there ever been a case where someone (with a history of stay in Thailand on TV and/or 30 Day Stamps) has been apprehended at Immigration, questioned about their motives and way of living, and accepted into Thailand AFTER showing the 20000 Baht (or equivalent) cash?

I heard lots of stories where people were denied entry that were able to flash the banknotes. Starting to assume that being in possession of funds matters not at all, once the IO made up his mind.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rastaputin said:

Makes me wonder: Has there ever been a case where someone (with a history of stay in Thailand on TV and/or 30 Day Stamps) has been apprehended at Immigration, questioned about their motives and way of living, and accepted into Thailand AFTER showing the 20000 Baht (or equivalent) cash?

I heard lots of stories where people were denied entry that were able to flash the banknotes. Starting to assume that being in possession of funds matters not at all, once the IO made up his mind.

Times change. There was a time when officials wanting to deny someone entry would look for a valid reason under the law before denying entry. They are now allowed, seemingly at certain airports, complete discretion to deny entry for any reason (legal or otherwise) or no reason at all. If an official is still undecided, showing you have funds, onward flights and the like might help. However, more often than not, officials at those selected airports who dislike your visit history will mainly decide whether to deny you entry based on whether the detention room is currently full.

• Haha 1