End of ED Visa ... what's the best option to get to stay another 2 months in the Kingdom?

5 minutes ago, BKKrewind said:

I am staying in Bangkok. I have not used anything except my ED visa this year.

How Is exemption better than getting an SETV at the embassy in Vientiane?

Why would you obtain setv, when you can obtain ve entry. Personally I would fly to udon spend couple days relax and border bounce friendship bridge. 

16 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Why would you obtain setv, when you can obtain ve entry. Personally I would fly to udon spend couple days relax and border bounce friendship bridge. 

Yes, I have been confused as to why people were opting for SETV instead of exemption.

1 minute ago, BKKrewind said:

Yes, I have been confused as to why people were opting for SETV instead of exemption.

Another thing to note 2 reports I have read where an setv was issued and void. In that situation the member was trying to obtain the setv on the back of ed visa. 

Your only looking for couple of months. Easy

20 minutes ago, LiamB80 said:

You don’t need to go all the way to Laos for the border run. Myanmar is closer to BKK. Minibus leaves in morning and you’ll be back in BKK by 3-4pm. 

Ok thanks, looking into it. I guess overland is more sure than flying in and out right? Or can i just fly to say Hanoi and get an exemption on my way back without raising eyrbrows at DMK?

13 minutes ago, BKKrewind said:

Ok thanks, looking into it. I guess overland is more sure than flying in and out right? Or can i just fly to say Hanoi and get an exemption on my way back without raising eyrbrows at DMK?

Overland does seem to be the better option these days. You could fly to Hanoi and come back but I believe you’re taking a chance at DMK for re-entry. When the IO sees the ED visa in your passport they will give you an impromptu quiz on your Thai language ability. They’ve done it to me in the past. Myanmar also doesn’t put a visa sticker in your passport, just a stamp in and out, so you save a page in your passport.

6 hours ago, Max69xl said:

Well, a SETV will give you 60 days,and the VE only 30 days.

But he can extend the VE for another 30 days at immigration. He can get 2 VE entries by land border (not flying ) each calendar year without worrying about being denied entry and deported back to where he flew in from.

57 minutes ago, Tony125 said:

But he can extend the VE for another 30 days at immigration. He can get 2 VE entries by land border (not flying ) each calendar year without worrying about being denied entry and deported back to where he flew in from.

Just heard from a friend that he got refused a SETV at Vientiane after his ED visa was up. So VE seems to be the way. Getting an extension at immigration after that is still not a given but you guys seem to be quite positive about it.