Video: 12 injured as pick-up U-turns into car

webfact

Video: 12 injured as pick-up U-turns into car 

6pm_VI.jpg

Thai caption: Moment of impact

A video showed an Isuzu pick-up with many people in the back turn from the left into the path of an oncoming Mazda GX5. 

Sanook said that the driver of the Mazda was unable to brake in time and that many bodies went flying.

The Isuzu driver was trying to execute a U-turn and was coming back from a trip to a temple.

Eleven in the pick-up were injured along with the driver of the Mazda. 

The accident happened on the Phitsanulok to Lomsak Road in Khao Khor district of Petchaboon province in Thailand's north-east region. 

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-22

This actually happens quite often. I see a lot of motorists simply making u-turns in front of cars in a traffic intersection.

What if the cars start to move?

They have no sense of safety and which lane you should not make a u-turn.

3 hours ago, IssanMichael said:

Like the way the people viewing the video think its funny

Yes, after the 614 785 th video of the same stupid thing. Yeah, that sort of makes you num to the reality.

Welcome to Thailand! Live the dream!

how many times have we seen this , the drivers in this country think , once they pullout in front of you they are safe .

Does not matter how slow they are going , all they see is the road in front .

This happened near home. It is always a dangerous place as the U-turn is just over the crest of a hill on the 2 lane highway. There is also a 2 lane frontage road that gives access to a 7/11 and other shops.

I often stop at the 7/11 and have to go across the 4 lanes to turn right into my road. The speed that some cars come over the crest is amazing. Then you get those that make it a 2 lane U-turn from the outside lane of the highway.

16 hours ago, digger70 said:

There would have been a lot less people hurt IF the Cops had done their job and stopped people sitting in the cargo area of Utes and 6/10 wheel Trucks.

Why keep banging on about enforcement? Thai traffic police do what they are supposed to do, extort money from road users! Full stop!

On 10/22/2019 at 5:15 PM, grumpy 4680 said:

The pick up driver obviously negligent in making such a turn, BUT, the Mazda driver appeared to be very slow in realising such a hazard was ahead, and any amount of braking seemed to be totally inadequate.

From watching this vid a few times the turning car showed no brake lights or indication so how could anyone have predicted such a stupid move or did i miss something ?

Archived