Chiang Mai: "Hebrew speaking" guide arrested for selling ganja spliffs to tourists

webfact

Chiang Mai: "Hebrew speaking" guide arrested for selling ganja spliffs to tourists

7pm1_VID.jpg

Police in Chiang Mai have arrested a Hebrew speaking Thai guide for selling cigarettes stuffed with ganja to tourists in the northern Thai capital. 

He claimed it was for diabetes. 

A raid at the rented house of Surachet, 52, in Chang Khian community downtown Chiang Mai netted more than 500 grams of ganja, 500 packets of illegally imported cigarettes and 20 items of radio equipment. 

Surachet said he got the ganja and cigarettes from the border at Mae Sai, Chiang Rai. 

It was for diabetes - whether his own or others was not made clear in a TNA video and story. 

The Chang Pheuak police said they were acting on a complaint from a tourist.

Source: TNA

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-10-22

2 minutes ago, Vacuum said:

Someone who 

bought <deleted>?

Dude ya just chalk it up. The weed here isnt that good and if it cost ya $3 for a cig pack full and its bunk...just roll bigger doobs! And toss on some of that oil ????

5 hours ago, Nyezhov said:

Dude ya just chalk it up. The weed here isnt that good and if it cost ya $3 for a cig pack full and its bunk...just roll bigger doobs! And toss on some of that oil ????

i thought that too but i now stand corrected. my arrogance was strong until i had a new experience this week. 

7 hours ago, off road pat said:

..."and 20 items of radio equipment". ??? is it illegal to have a radio now ???

you are only allowed AM/FM broadcast receivers, the red 245 MHz band walkie talkies you see security guards and workers with, terrestrial TV and sat TV and that is it.

no short wave or any other wide band receivers of any type. very illegal. 

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

you are only allowed AM/FM broadcast receivers, the red 245 MHz band walkie talkies you see security guards and workers with, terrestrial TV and sat TV and that is it.

Uncle, How do you know this ?

15 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

Oups,...I was used to travel with a world radio receiver with multiple bands, to get the news from BBC World and Europe !!! Didn't know it was illegal....!? And I bought a couple of those red 2 way radio transmitter/receivers (12W-240/260 Mhz) to use on off road trips !!! 

4 minutes ago, off road pat said:

Oups,...I was used to travel with a world radio receiver with multiple bands, to get the news from BBC World and Europe !!! Didn't know it was illegal....!? And I bought a couple of those red 2 way radio transmitter/receivers to use on off road trips !!! 

the red radios are ok. that is why they are red, so the police know what type they are.

this is very complicated subject. there are signs at the airport listing three things not to bring into Thailand. Drugs, guns and radios. I had a photo i took but i cant find it. As an American it is legal to monitor all radio frequencies and modes of modulations, including police fire military, etc in the USA but not in Thailand. Handheld police scanners are illegal. That does not you mean cannot buy a very simple one. Thai radio transmissions are so primitive that any VHF FM monitor receiver can listen it. The Thais do it and monitor the EMS and fire. If you want to call it that. 

It is very like very basic 2 way radio in the USA in 1975. there is a Amateur Radio Society but again the frequencies you can use are very limited. 

The late King was very much into Amateur Radio.  

The control over radios goes all the way back to the Vietnam war era.

8 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

the red radios are ok. that is why they are red, so the police know what type they are.

this is very complicated subject. there are signs at the airport listing three things not to bring into Thailand. Drugs, guns and radios. I had a photo i took but i cant find it. As an American it is legal to monitor all radio frequencies and modes of modulations, including police fire military, etc in the USA but not in Thailand. Handheld police scanners are illegal. That does not you mean cannot buy a very simple one. Thai radio transmissions are so primitive that any VHF FM monitor receiver can listen it. The Thais do it and monitor the EMS and fire. If you want to call it that. 

It is very like very basic 2 way radio in the USA in 1975. there is a Amateur Radio Society but again the frequencies you can use are very limited. 

The late King was very much into Amateur Radio.  

The control over radios goes all the way back to the Vietnam war era.

According to a friend, you also need a permit for those red 2 way radio transmitters in Thailand !?

1 hour ago, off road pat said:

Oups,...I was used to travel with a world radio receiver with multiple bands, to get the news from BBC World and Europe !!! Didn't know it was illegal....!? And I bought a couple of those red 2 way radio transmitter/receivers (12W-240/260 Mhz) to use on off road trips !!! 

"And I bought a couple of those red 2 way radio transmitter/receivers..."

As he said, the red ones are not illegal! 

Archived