Chiang Mai: "Hebrew speaking" guide arrested for selling ganja spliffs to tourists

webfact

On 10/22/2019 at 10:03 AM, Nyezhov said:

Dude ya just chalk it up. The weed here isnt that good and if it cost ya $3 for a cig pack full and its bunk...just roll bigger doobs! And toss on some of that oil ????

The weed here is incredibly strong! Too strong to function on!

On 10/23/2019 at 9:04 AM, NCC1701A said:

the red radios are ok. that is why they are red, so the police know what type they are.

this is very complicated subject. there are signs at the airport listing three things not to bring into Thailand. Drugs, guns and radios. I had a photo i took but i cant find it. As an American it is legal to monitor all radio frequencies and modes of modulations, including police fire military, etc in the USA but not in Thailand. Handheld police scanners are illegal. That does not you mean cannot buy a very simple one. Thai radio transmissions are so primitive that any VHF FM monitor receiver can listen it. The Thais do it and monitor the EMS and fire. If you want to call it that. 

It is very like very basic 2 way radio in the USA in 1975. there is a Amateur Radio Society but again the frequencies you can use are very limited. 

The late King was very much into Amateur Radio.  

The control over radios goes all the way back to the Vietnam war era.

Thank you for this interesting information.

best regards

Archived