Marrying a Thai woman who has no money or resource

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

Seldom mentioned but very true!

Seldom mentioned? Really? The Thai male's penchant for the tall, fair-skinned, Lanna princess is one of the most overworked tropes that farangs throw around when they think that they've been there, done that. The second most milked is, "Thai women prefer farangs to their own menfolk."

Affirmation bias is EVERYWHERE.

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

Seldom mentioned? Really? The Thai male's penchant for the tall, fair-skinned, Lanna princess is one of the most overworked tropes that farangs throw around when they think that they've been there, done that. The second most milked is, "Thai women prefer farangs to their own menfolk."

Affirmation bias is EVERYWHERE.

i cant speak for anyone else, but my type is also white skin,

or they wouldnt have pink nipples

9 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

Not really - many private Thai schools offer more than the public government alternative.  But believe you were thinking the much more expensive international type schools when you made that statement.

Yes, the high-end international schools are a luxurious indulgence for either the well-heeled or those on a contract where the employer is picking up the schooling tab. The low-end private schools here are perfectly adequate but one still needs to be selective and not follow the herd. Good teachers follow the good money and once a school owner starts messing with that, they move on.

17 minutes ago, brokenbone said:

i cant speak for anyone else, but my type is also white skin,

or they wouldnt have pink nipples

FWIW, pink nipples are scarcer than hen's teeth.

I have done the scientific research over three days and two nights in Pattaya with my Canadian wingman... a very, very long time ago.

Want her to work and then don't want her to work. So what about taking care of the kids. I preferred mine to work after the kids were over 6-7 years old, so I took them to school and picked them up everyday when I wasn't out on mandatory travel. Then she picked up the pieces with dinner and other things. It was a mutual relationship. Before she worked, yes I did have to say I got bent sometimes and it was stupid of me, but I did man-up and took care of the fortress and then sometimes at night I went out as took my own time to do what I wanted... Now it is still mutual in duties. Mine has her own restaurant which is not easy to say the least. We all complain so that is a two way street. Love your kids, love their mom, best of all.

Your advice given in good faith may be true but when they are in love nothing seem impossible. When I was in love I believe I could move mountain.

So everything taken into consideration and with variables included it becomes a difficult thing to predict or come to a conclusion.

Whether you marry a Thai lady with money or no money and how your life will turn out is not something you could predict accurately.

If you do some in dept study of Abhidhamma of Buddhism you could avoid quite a number of problems in life. It is the only ethic-psychological studies that can benefit mankind. Because mankind is inherently born with faulty thinking that invariably leads to problems and sufferings.

To improve your faulty mind you use Buddha's scientific psychological engineering which could unfold the working of the mind in such a way that you would be able to see what and where your mistakes are. 

Anyone without money is a liability let alone a missus - so you young people out there should remember this, it's a fact - not because Khon Kaen Jeff says so .

"Women with no money have bags full of seeds - these are seeds of problems which will eventually bloom"

"When the pupil is ready the master appears" -  a Zen meditation master says.

I'm never marrying my Thai GF, thanks to Centrelink's rules.

I've had a marriage and a long-term defacto relationship in Australia, where I was the provider. Both women repaid me by screwing me out of half my assets, quite legally.

My Thai GF can never do that. Thai law is more equitable. She was in debt when I met her.

Having said that, she brings far more to our relationship than those two Australian women ever did. So I have no problem in supporting her.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

12 years but we have kids too..

2 days ago she announces we need a new vaccum cleaner = 5k

Today the tyre on the car blew up = 5k

This is just out the blue stuff..

Maybe it's time to switch to doing visa runs and free up that 400,000 baht that's locked up in the bank use it for day to day expenses.

2 minutes ago, gk10002000 said:

Oh you mean don't do what 70% of traditional western marriages were like in my paren'ts the 50s era did?  Marry a woman and have children.  The wife was a stay at home mom, home maker etc.  Man goes to work and supports the family.

And that's exactly what I have done and no doubt will continue to do. But at what point do you stop, when kids are at school, left school, or never? You seem to have the answers so please tell? Remember things are way more expenses than what they were then even taking into acc increased wages. Your eyes would pop out if I told you how much a month I spent, and that's living in Isaan!

1 minute ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

And that's exactly what I have done and no doubt will continue to do. But at what point do you stop, when kids are at school, left school, or never? You seem to have the answers so please tell? Remember things are way more expenses than what they were then even taking into acc increased wages. Your eyes would pop out if I told you how much a month I spent, and that's living in Isaan!

my answer is to not do it, or if you do do it, buckle up and get to work.  You took the woman in, you are responsible for raising the child and educating and seeing to his welfare until he is a capable adult.  It may be hard and taxing, and send you to an early grave, but them's the breaks.  The woman is now "saddled" with children and is dependent on you.

90% of the guys I know did the same as the OP.

But, they have plenty of money paying for the girl, family, grandkids, etc.

So, at least OP admits he would never do it again.  And hope he realizes it is 100% his issue at this point as he is now complaining about the money.

Another thing, sometimes girls have a job.  Maybe a decent job, but then meeting someone with some money the excuses will mount as to why the want to quit.  Many then do and and the situation is left same as OP.

When I married my wife 20 years ago she had more money than me and after working my ring off for 15 of those years and earning lots of money the situation remains unchanged and so proving that in fact she is much cleverer than me.She also works harder than anyone that I've meet and wears me out when I watch her work!

2 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

This is the other thing nothing she gets is cheap..the vaccum was indeed 5k it is a top end samsung one..as for the tyre I'm not in the vicinity but she doesn't lie about these things, if she says it's 5k then it's 5k maybe she was ripped off, we have a new fortuner..

I can understand your problems especially as most Thais have no understanding of the value of money and spend it faster than they can earn it (look at the level of household debt in Thailand ) but you are not helping her to understand either, “ we have a new fortuner “ so why should’nt she buy a top of the range vacuum?

As for the tyre there are hundreds if not thousands of crashed written off fortuners in Thailand most of which have at least one good tyre on them so why not source a set, you could probably pick up for 5,000baht for the set

11 minutes ago, Janner1 said:

I can understand your problems especially as most Thais have no understanding of the value of money and spend it faster than they can earn it (look at the level of household debt in Thailand ) but you are not helping her to understand either, “ we have a new fortuner “ so why should’nt she buy a top of the range vacuum?

As for the tyre there are hundreds if not thousands of crashed written off fortuners in Thailand most of which have at least one good tyre on them so why not source a set, you could probably pick up for 5,000baht for the set

“ we have a new fortuner “ so why should’nt she buy a top of the range vacuum?

You are trying too hard there matey, actually makes no sense, if you have an expensive car then everything else needs to be expensive?? Daft logic. I get what you're saying though it's like I'm contradicting myself, but as we know Thai;s buy cars new and she does use it a lot and I do like it myself. With 2 kids to put in the back it was an investment and I don't buy regret buying it.

As for your second point, you are going down the cheap charlie route, the tyre blew so she went out and got a new one, pretty normal stuff..

Anyhow, I only started this thread to let off a bit of steam I really don' t want advice from cheap charlie strangers who probably 'live' in bedsits and eat khao pad every day with a bottle of leo

3 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

12 years but we have kids too..

2 days ago she announces we need a new vaccum cleaner = 5k

Today the tyre on the car blew up = 5k

This is just out the blue stuff..

You know Jeff I saw this eposide of Myth Busters where the took a log and cut it to the size of a car tire and then mounted it on the car. Maybe you could do that to save having to buy a new tire??

2 hours ago, bkk6060 said:

Another thing, sometimes girls have a job.  Maybe a decent job, but then meeting someone with some money the excuses will mount as to why the want to quit.  Many then do and and the situation is left same as OP.

That game is played by almost all women in all countries.

Have a kid (or two) and retire for the rest of your life ......... if only I had been born with a womb.

Brit wife, qualified teacher, gave up work forever as soon as she popped a kid, then complained for the rest of the marriage about how I had ruined her career, hand was always out, sex was strictly rationed.

Thai wife, sat in a bar letting guys buy her booze and drugs, never pretended she ever wanted to work, never complained about me destroying her life, hand was always out, sex was unlimited (by anything except my endurance).

I actually prefer the Thai way, it's far more honest, not to mention better value for money.

1 hour ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

“ we have a new fortuner “ so why should’nt she buy a top of the range vacuum?

You are trying too hard there matey, actually makes no sense, if you have an expensive car then everything else needs to be expensive?? Daft logic. I get what you're saying though it's like I'm contradicting myself, but as we know Thai;s buy cars new and she does use it a lot and I do like it myself. With 2 kids to put in the back it was an investment and I don't buy regret buying it.

As for your second point, you are going down the cheap charlie route, the tyre blew so she went out and got a new one, pretty normal stuff..

Anyhow, I only started this thread to let off a bit of steam I really don' t want advice from cheap charlie strangers who probably 'live' in bedsits and eat khao pad every day with a bottle of leo

It reads like you are the cheap Charlie....????

Archived