Today the tyre on the car blew up = 5k

I avoid these types of problems:

- I'm happily single now

- I don't have car, I walk or cycle for exercise

- I never clean my house.....

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My wife was from a very poor family, with no resources and a child with some guy who'd done a runner the minute she found out that she was pregnant when she was just 18yo. Not long after we met (when she was 27) I asked her what she wanted to do with her life and she spelt out a career that could only be achieved with a Uni degree. So I funded her through uni, she setup her own business based on the skills she had learned, and she's now earning an average of 120K a month working with international clients and has taken the pressure off me completely. There's more than one way to skin a cat. ????

Like I say she has tried a couple of jobs. Thing is if she gets a full time job then I'm suddenly house husband, pick the kids up make the dinner etc, then she will be complaining non stop that she's tired. Have to be a bit careful with that one but hear what you're saying.

The vacuum would
After all,it is brand spanking new,and top of the range !

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"Genuine advice for any newbies here, do NOT marry a woman with no money, just don't do it, it is like supporting a child and you will be burdened down for years, if not forever." 

This is no good advice. Better don't marry at all if you don't want to lose your money and/or freedom - and always use condoms... 

Having produced 2 sprogs in a former life in the UK, both now in their mid 40's I have no desire to reproduce here in Thailand, I was most fortunate when I met my current partner of the last 9 or 10 years, 8 of which have us living together, she has no kids, is now biologically probably to old to have any, whereas I have friends in their 60's knocking out kids, WHY ??

My Mrs doesn't work, she looks after me and the house, we have a good social life, I pay for everything, I give her money to send to her parents & if she wants to go for a meal with the girls or visit local markets she asks me for a small donation which I give gladly, she will be the beneficiary of all my assets in Thailand  with the assets in my home country going to my kids, I have received more love and affection from this woman that used to sell live fish in every market in Pattaya and made a pittance and lived in a fan room with no future than any woman in the UK ever gave me.

Together we have travelled the length & breadth of Thailand, done Singapore numerous times, Bali, UK, and the Orient express, she has also travelled independently from me to a few places, this woman is my life, be thankful for what you have.

I have had kettles, TV's, irons & other households items all pack up in the space of a month, most bloody annoying and of course no warranty, don't sweat it mate, be thankful for what you have, my Mrs is not quite as skint as she once was as she sees the value in saving ????

6 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

12 years but we have kids too..

2 days ago she announces we need a new vaccum cleaner = 5k

Today the tyre on the car blew up = 5k

This is just out the blue stuff..

At least it's not expensive bags, perfume and watches she sees on facebook and that her mates get.

5 hours ago, at15 said:

The problem is most of these Thai people's obsession with money. A lot of people do not realize how much these people will risk and sacrifice to portray an image of wealth. very low IQ thinking. They could have zero money and still want everything in their life to be hi-so

And this is different from the west? Are you kidding me? I'd venture to say that the majority of the worlds population wants more money to show some sort of status upgrade or becoming successful and more affluent. Nobody wants to live poor. Sadly most people live way beyond their means.

As for the OP. Honestly this all sounds pretty basic. Like everyone, we adjust our living standards based on their available means. 

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

Is that the well-known master bater ?

You must reading quite a lot of books on Zen otherwise you wouldn't know him, yes, Mr Alan Watts.

His wife complaining about him doing it all the time.  I guess it's a habit from childhood.

3 minutes ago, ylmiri said:

You must reading quite a lot of books on Zen otherwise you wouldn't know him, yes, Mr Alan Watts.

His wife complaining about him doing it all the time.  I guess it's a habit from childhood.

i don't read any books on religion, self help, philosophy, child raising, or how to be happy. 

I have always been a self learner and whatever mistakes I make are the source for my knowledge gained.

A book just ain't gonna do it for me......

I do seem to recall a certain guy named Siddhartha who followed a similar path.

48 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I met my current partner of the last 9 or 10 years, 8 of which have us living together, she has no kids, is now biologically probably to old to have any, whereas I have friends in their 60's knocking out kids, WHY ??

In my 60s, have an 8 year old son, and it's great.

Hardly any married women before 1976 ever worked in America. most all were single income families.

As a man you are supposed to work hard to support your famly, I mean really, who raised you? 555

Many of us did it, but are now retired.

There is a reason "retirement" is called retirement. 

Don't start a family after 40, unless you have a BritManToo attitude :thumbsup: 

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That game is played by almost all women in all countries.

Have a kid (or two) and retire for the rest of your life ......... if only I had been born with a womb.

Brit wife, qualified teacher, gave up work forever as soon as she popped a kid, then complained for the rest of the marriage about how I had ruined her career, hand was always out, sex was strictly rationed.

Thai wife, sat in a bar letting guys buy her booze and drugs, never pretended she ever wanted to work, never complained about me destroying her life, hand was always out, sex was unlimited (by anything except my endurance).

I actually prefer the Thai way, it's far more honest, not to mention better value for money.

Having just read your first two sentences, I am absolutely amazed that ANY woman would even give you the time of day.

1 hour ago, rumak said:

i don't read any books on religion, self help, philosophy, child raising, or how to be happy. 

I have always been a self learner and whatever mistakes I make are the source for my knowledge gained.

A book just ain't gonna do it for me......

I do seem to recall a certain guy named Siddhartha who followed a similar path.

I wouldn't know Siddhartha from Martha to be honest.

Always done my own thing.

Works for me, so far.

1 hour ago, JWRC said:

Having just read your first two sentences, I am absolutely amazed that ANY woman would even give you the time of day.

If you've got money, drugs, or appear to be a violent thug, you can have women.

It's the soft guys that get the run around, no woman actually wants a man whose balls she carries in her handbag.

It´s actually quite easy. The economic situation starts to be a burden for the OP. Then at the same time say, that she could work but she would not make much.

Incredible. How many Thais have opened up a barbecue stand and make about 10000-15000 easy a month? Normally thats a regular salury Thais can live on. Where is the problem?

Since when has taking care of a wife and child been considered a "burden"? Historically in most societies, men worked being the financial support of the family, and women stayed home taking care of household chores, bearing and taking care of kids. They are both jobs and it takes two to make it work. You went into the marriage knowing the circumstances.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

If you've got money, drugs, or appear to be a violent thug, you can have women.

It's the soft guys that get the run around, no woman actually wants a man whose balls she carries in her handbag.

I agree with you to an extent, but it's a bit of a cliche, there are plenty of woman that are happy to be with a muppet. Not all woman want to be with a loon.

1 hour ago, wisperone said:

Since when has taking care of a wife and child been considered a "burden"? Historically in most societies, men worked being the financial support of the family, and women stayed home taking care of household chores, bearing and taking care of kids. They are both jobs and it takes two to make it work. You went into the marriage knowing the circumstances.

Don't take me too literally and just play on one word to suit your argument, that is poor form. i'm fully aware I have to pay for the roof over our heads, food, bills, schooling, car etc, and I have done every month for over 10 years...but I'm also providing her with a very nice lifestyle on top of all that. THAT is my point. I'm not a regular tv poster who raises a family on 40k or less a month.

Part of why I feel resentful is that I have taken good care of her well but am not convinced she gives a hoot about me..example, she and the kids went to her home village yesterday and the first time I heard from her was this morning as she needed money for the tyre..tonight nothing, I sent her a good night message 30 mins ago yet it's not even been read, so she's not thinking about me sat here is she? Doesn't even care what I'm up to, most wife's would be pestering their husbands if he was alone or at least asking if all is ok, etc?

9 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

It seems you pay for everything she wants.

Does she ask you from time to time if you agree how your money is spent?

Or do you dare to make suggestions yourself for what you want to spend your money?

The pertinent question here is: how many BXXX-jobs do you still get each week....

31 minutes ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

Part of why I feel resentful is that I have taken good care of her well but am not convinced she gives a hoot about me..example, she and the kids went to her home village yesterday and the first time I heard from her was this morning as she needed money for the tyre..tonight nothing, I sent her a good night message 30 mins ago yet it's not even been read, so she's not thinking about me sat here is she? Doesn't even care what I'm up to, most wife's would be pestering their husbands if he was alone or at least asking if all is ok, etc?

OUCH .........  best thing I can say.   I could give you the "life is too short" speech but I am sure you don't want that.    good luck

3 minutes ago, rumak said:

OUCH .........  best thing I can say.   I could give you the "life is too short" speech but I am sure you don't want that.    good luck

She has actually just replied..I've asked her before why she doesn't pester me and she just says things like you're not a baby you don't need me chasing you up type of thing, Also she is lazy.

Archived