BANGKOK
Khon Kaen Jeff

Marrying a Thai woman who has no money or resource

Like I say she has tried a couple of jobs. Thing is if she gets a full time job then I'm suddenly house husband, pick the kids up make the dinner etc, then she will be complaining non stop that she's tired. Have to be a bit careful with that one but hear what you're saying.

The vacuum would
After all,it is brand spanking new,and top of the range !

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

"Genuine advice for any newbies here, do NOT marry a woman with no money, just don't do it, it is like supporting a child and you will be burdened down for years, if not forever." 

This is no good advice. Better don't marry at all if you don't want to lose your money and/or freedom - and always use condoms... 

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

6 hours ago, Khon Kaen Jeff said:

12 years but we have kids too..

2 days ago she announces we need a new vaccum cleaner = 5k

Today the tyre on the car blew up = 5k

This is just out the blue stuff..

At least it's not expensive bags, perfume and watches she sees on facebook and that her mates get.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, at15 said:

The problem is most of these Thai people's obsession with money. A lot of people do not realize how much these people will risk and sacrifice to portray an image of wealth. very low IQ thinking. They could have zero money and still want everything in their life to be hi-so

And this is different from the west? Are you kidding me? I'd venture to say that the majority of the worlds population wants more money to show some sort of status upgrade or becoming successful and more affluent. Nobody wants to live poor. Sadly most people live way beyond their means.

As for the OP. Honestly this all sounds pretty basic. Like everyone, we adjust our living standards based on their available means. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ylmiri said:

"When the pupil is ready the master appears" -  a Zen meditation master says.

Is that the well-known master bater ?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, rumak said:

Is that the well-known master bater ?

You must reading quite a lot of books on Zen otherwise you wouldn't know him, yes, Mr Alan Watts.

His wife complaining about him doing it all the time.  I guess it's a habit from childhood.

3 minutes ago, ylmiri said:

You must reading quite a lot of books on Zen otherwise you wouldn't know him, yes, Mr Alan Watts.

His wife complaining about him doing it all the time.  I guess it's a habit from childhood.

i don't read any books on religion, self help, philosophy, child raising, or how to be happy. 

I have always been a self learner and whatever mistakes I make are the source for my knowledge gained.

A book just ain't gonna do it for me......

I do seem to recall a certain guy named Siddhartha who followed a similar path.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Golden Triangle said:

I met my current partner of the last 9 or 10 years, 8 of which have us living together, she has no kids, is now biologically probably to old to have any, whereas I have friends in their 60's knocking out kids, WHY ??

In my 60s, have an 8 year old son, and it's great.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, BritManToo said:

That game is played by almost all women in all countries.

Have a kid (or two) and retire for the rest of your life ......... if only I had been born with a womb.

Brit wife, qualified teacher, gave up work forever as soon as she popped a kid, then complained for the rest of the marriage about how I had ruined her career, hand was always out, sex was strictly rationed.

Thai wife, sat in a bar letting guys buy her booze and drugs, never pretended she ever wanted to work, never complained about me destroying her life, hand was always out, sex was unlimited (by anything except my endurance).

I actually prefer the Thai way, it's far more honest, not to mention better value for money.

Having just read your first two sentences, I am absolutely amazed that ANY woman would even give you the time of day.

• Haha 2