Jump to content
BANGKOK
twig

[POLL] Best BTC/THB exchange?

Best BTC/THB exchange?  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

Which is the best BTC/THB exchange in the attached poll?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I guess this tells us how many here trade in BitCoin. 😉

Edited by AgMech Cowboy
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haven't voted because I'm not familiar with all the choices.....but I would say the one with the least AMC/KYC would get my vote. Past 24hrs been a bit interesting ;-)

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ooops that should have read AML not AMC but spotted to late to edit....I'm sure you got the message 😉

 

AgMech "I guess this tells us how many here trade in BitCoin." Excellent, which means we are still miles ahead of the crowd and the best position to be in.  

Edited by Conno
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Conno said:

AgMech "I guess this tells us how many here trade in BitCoin." Excellent, which means we are still miles ahead of the crowd and the best position to be in.  

Doubtful.

The "smart money" in retail, and the kids are all in as much as they will be. Only some institutions still left out, and they don't read ThaiVisa much probably.

 

TV here is a notorious geezerville of people who lived most of their lives and made much if not most of their money pre-WWW, much less pre-Bitcoin.

So, they'll die before they become part of the cryptocurrency crowd, because they just consider it a "fad", "Ponzy", "scam", etc. Here, they just parrot opinions of others in mass media, including regarding exchanges.
 

Besides these nocoiners, seems more likely that the majority here are ALTcoiners, to be diplomatic, that came into "crypto" markets during the 2017 ERC-20/ICO s***storm, on "tokenize everything" fairytales from shops like OmiseGo, NEM, XRP, [long list]...

 

I met such in TH back then. They didn't want to mess with Bitcoin/THB trading, because there wasn't enough upside😄 compared to the "alts".

 

Sure turned out to be enough downside😄 though. So, they wrote off Bitcoin/THB trading together with BTC/Alts.
That's my leading hypothesis now.

Edited by twig
correction
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, twig said:

TV here is a notorious geezerville of people who live most of their lives and made much if not most of their money pre-WWW, much less pre-Bitcoin.

Really? We made $120K net last month having young folks dig in the dirt. People always need holes in the ground. Hows that Bitcoin working for you kiddies?

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nyezhov, Hows that Bitcoin working for you kiddies?.......not bad at all actually but still early days with a long long way to go yet. 

 

Twig was that pre-WWW or a typo for pre-WW2? LOL only pullin ya leg as I'm no youngster myself. Good point, TV is probably not the best place to get a good cross sectional representation of the crypto scene. BUT after saying that just about everyone I know in my own social circle are no-coiners. No correction, everyone I know is a no-coiner, with about a 50/50 mix of never even heard of it to heard of it but don't have any. Hard to get trustworthy numbers but I have read there's probably only around 30/40 million or so wallets out there. Some probably own more than one so coiners still very small from a global population perspective. I'm massively excited about where this is going and I'm not talking price. Another 10X or 100x from here still possible in the years ahead but it's the technology that I'm most enthusiastic about. The chance to give the centralised powers the middle finger and claw back our financial freedom. As you know I already have a thing about the ever increasing AML/KYC data collection creep so this excites me more than price appreciation. I'm not trading my BTC and intending to never sell it back into fiat. I am going to wait for Bitcoin to be recognised as a unit of account in its own right. In other words when people start pricing things in satoshi's rather than always doing a fiat comparison. At that point I will start spending it. 

 

Just watched a brilliant 3 hour interview that Edward Snowden gave this week on the Joe Rogan show. He made a very poignant  point. The ordinary guy/gal on the street are supposed to have privacy rights as private citizens whereas politicians are seen as public figures in public office. But just as financial privacy has been turned on its head so has the aforementioned norm. Private citizens now have increasingly less privacy and public office figures are increasingly protected and routinely conceal almost everything. 

Edited by Conno
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Conno said:

 

Twig was that pre-WWW or a typo for pre-WW2? LOL only pullin ya leg as I'm no youngster myself. Good point, TV is probably not the best place to get a good cross sectional representation of the crypto scene. BUT after saying that just about everyone I know in my own social circle are no-coiners. No correction, everyone I know is a no-coiner, with about a 50/50 mix of never even heard of it to heard of it but don't have any. Hard to get trustworthy numbers but I have read there's probably only around 30/40 million or so wallets out there. Some probably own more than one so coiners still very small from a global population perspective. I'm massively excited about where this is going and I'm not talking price. Another 10X or 100x from here still possible in the years ahead but it's the technology that I'm most enthusiastic about. The chance to give the centralised powers the middle finger and claw back our financial freedom. As you know I already have a thing about the ever increasing AML/KYC data collection creep so this excites me more than price appreciation. I'm not trading my BTC and intending to never sell it back into fiat. I am going to wait for Bitcoin to be recognised as a unit of account in its own right. In other words when people start pricing things in satoshi's rather than always doing a fiat comparison. At that point I will start spending it. 

 

Just watched a brilliant 3 hour interview that Edward Snowden gave this week on the Joe Rogan show. He made a very poignant  point. The ordinary guy/gal on the street are supposed to have privacy rights as private citizens whereas politicians are seen as public figures in public office. But just as financial privacy has been turned on its head so has the aforementioned norm. Private citizens now have increasingly less privacy and public office figures are increasingly protected and routinely conceal almost everything. 

:) (It was certainly pre-WW3 "War on Whatever" the same generation started, once the "Cold-War" profitability petered out...)

 

Based on @Nyezhov response, I think I can rest my case on what I said, because he fully supported my leading hypothesis.

 

Everyone I know and 99% of those I meet nowadays in any major city have at least heard of Bitcoin and "Blockchain", even though most smirk if the subject is brought up.

So, if they are not in already, and don't understand why it even exists other than as a joke, the powers that should not be will through increasing propaganda, onerous taxation and regulation, make sure that most of them will  remain nocoiners until death also.

(The kids growing up that don't remember the world without Bitcoin are a different story.)

 

Regarding AML/KYC and financial privacy, the above exchanges are definitely part of the problem. They and payment processors, such as Bitpay, for example, are massive surveillance hubs on the cryptosphere.

 

As happening in India, for example, and even US chattel who traded on centralized exchanges in the early days can confirm that it can come back to haunt anyone who uses regulated exchanges years later in unpredictable ways.
 

These exchanges and their AML/KYC overlords also endanger their users by creating these giant identity theft database honeypots. That's how the "identity theft" issue was created decades ago in general.

 

When the brown shirts who own a given territory finally decide to ban Bitcoin and such as a "national security" and "sovereignty" threat, they'll go to these exchanges first to find out who has what to confiscate and criminalize...

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Identity theft? How many regular websites were hacked and their databases published freely on the Internet? not just emails/logins/passwords, google for "have I been hacked". if any of your email addresses are there, so is your personal info.

 

India will jump on the crypto train as soon as they set up their laws accordingly. A nation with so many illeterate people is ripe for online scams.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, phiber said:

Identity theft? How many regular websites were hacked and their databases published freely on the Internet? not just emails/logins/passwords, google for "have I been hacked". if any of your email addresses are there, so is your personal info.

 

India will jump on the crypto train as soon as they set up their laws accordingly. A nation with so many illeterate people is ripe for online scams.

How many "regular websites" ask you to upload a picture of you holding your passport, maybe even a second photo ID, proof of address, and some even a tax related number you are assigned for life?

 

What is it that so many completely illiterate people in India do online?

If they can't read, how would they even find out about a scam by getting online?

How were so many illiterate people able to use online crypto exchanges there?

 

Maybe google "functional illiteracy in developed countries". If "Across the UK, it is estimated that 100,000 pupils a year leave school functionally illiterate." as late as 2007, now they are still functionally illiterate adults.

https://www.theguardian.com/education/2007/jul/10/schools.primaryeducation
Why then hasn't the BOE implemented a banking ban against crypto exchanges the way RBI has?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legality_of_bitcoin_by_country_or_territory#Southeast_Africa

 

Even from their own statements, it's clear as usual, that it's not to protect illiterate people from online scams anymore than it's about making them literate. LOL

 

It's clear that the banking ban is for the same real reason the 2000 INR notes were demonetized - to make it harder to avoid being looted by direct and indirect taxes (aka "inflation").

As with all protection rackets, it's really about protecting their own revenue stream...

 

 

 

 

Edited by twig
correction
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/27/2019 at 10:45 PM, twig said:

Based on @Nyezhov response, I think I can rest my case on what I said, because he fully supported my leading hypothesis.

Naw dude, Yezhov likes to gamble, but likes to win. Older folks like Yezhov are also old enough to  remember dudes like Ponzi and slogans like From Cadiz to the Dawn. So Yezhov in conjunction with the pros watches his money grow in safe, yet a bit adventurous ways.

 

But no mind, you have your financial woobie, I never tell folks what to do with their money. Hopefully when you are 64, you will be sitting on your lardoons not worrying about that time that someone pulled the plug on a server somewhere and wiped out your fortune. Oh yes, I know, distributed, but hyperbole is fun, you and all the bitcoin fans fell for it.

 

It isnt a case of age little one, its wisdom. Im sure you will get some when you mature.

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Nyezhov - I'm closer to your age than you realise and don't be so condescending to more youthful posters, not a trait that sits hand in hand with so called wisdom I feel. You are just reinforcing twigs hypothesis.

Edited by Conno

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...