Paying for Apple products online solution

recom273

Just to pass on todays discovery.

This has come up before in a post, it’s always been a bit of a problem for me to pay for Apple products online through the official store if you don’t have a credit card.

In the past I have had to print off a sheet of paper, go to Kasikorn, try and use the bar scanner on the ATM - fail, withdraw cash and then pay with the cash at the counter.

It seems if you go through the “Pay at ATM” option - when you get to the payment slip that you would ordinarily print off, you can scan the barcode with your banking app and pay this way, it works with kasikorn bank, maybe other too.

Sorry if this is old news to some.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I use to have to same problem. I started going to the local Apple store to make all of my purchases. I needed a new Apple computer, so I checked everything online on what I wanted and the online price, then I went to my local Apple store and they ordered it for me. This way I was able to pay cash, as they handled everything. Plus the online price was the same price at the store, since they ordered it from Apple online. I hope that helped.

1 minute ago, Jeffrey346 said:

Why don't you just use your Thai Debit card?

Because you can’t .. they only accept credit cards or ATM Transfer, which has never worked for me or the Kasikorn staff.

Yesterday I bought a new iPhone and iPad, so I would need to print off an A4 page, make 3 withdrawals at the ATM and take that money inside to the counter to pay. 

You can’t even use your card or bank book to transfer the cash.

1 minute ago, recom273 said:

Because you can’t .. they only accept credit cards or ATM Transfer, which has never worked for me or the Kasikorn staff.

Yesterday I bought a new iPhone and iPad, so I would need to print off an A4 page, make 3 withdrawals at the ATM and take that money inside to the counter to pay. 

Wow, things must have changed. A couple years ago I bought a Mac Air direct from Apple and used my BKK Bank debit card as I don't have a Thai CC as well.

Perhaps Apple pays a larger fee for debit cards... and no longer accept them

30 minutes ago, Crazy Noobie said:

I use to have to same problem. I started going to the local Apple store to make all of my purchases. I needed a new Apple computer, so I checked everything online on what I wanted and the online price, then I went to my local Apple store and they ordered it for me. This way I was able to pay cash, as they handled everything. Plus the online price was the same price at the store, since they ordered it from Apple online. I hope that helped.

Yup, that’s the point - it’s online shopping, you don’t go near the store.

You select what you want online and you pay via the banking app on your phone.

Next month, I will buy a new 27” iMac but I will upgrade the graphics card and processor - I presume it will have to be assembled and shipped from Singapore.

Why waste 4 hours going to a Central, end up in uniqlo and sizzler to sweeten the wife when I can do it all from my desk.

5 minutes ago, recom273 said:

Yup, that’s the point - it’s online shopping, you don’t go near the store.

You select what you want online and you pay via the banking app on your phone.

Next month, I will buy a new 27” iMac but I will upgrade the graphics card and processor - I presume it will have to be assembled and shipped from Singapore.

Why waste 4 hours going to a Central, end up in uniqlo and sizzler to sweeten the wife when I can do it all from my desk.

I know what online shopping is. You said you had an issue on paying, so I only offered a suggestion. Sorry to get you all worked up over it. Go ahead and stay in the comfort of your home and order your computer online. 

1 hour ago, recom273 said:

As Jeffrey 346 stated, you can use your Thai debit card to purchase  items online. The only proviso being that the bank add the VISA feature. I paid 99,000baht for a comp at Apple a couple of months ago with my Thai debit/VISA card.

pay a visit to your bank and ask them the question.

20 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

As Jeffrey 346 stated, you can use your Thai debit card to purchase  items online. The only proviso being that the bank add the VISA feature. I paid 99,000baht for a comp at Apple a couple of months ago with my Thai debit/VISA card.

That’s weird, when i try and pay, it’s always Apple that knocks back the payment. It even says “credit card” on the payment page, even though it’s my registered card and I pay for icloud and Apple Arcade every month.

I presumed that like other retailers ru refuse debit cards due to high fees loaded on by Thai banks.

Other members had also mentioned issues, which is why I posted a solution I stumbled upon.

Do you have a “virtual shopping card?” I had an issue paying for something else and had to follow a “verified by visa” link the other month and still no joy from apple store. 

ETS: I re-read your post - thanks, I will contact the bank. It may be helpful with other things such as holidays abroad.

53 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Thanks for the heads-up, I contacted the bank.

Both my virtual card and physical card are “verified by visa” with a limit way above the purchase. The girl reminded me that despite regular purchases using my virtual card, that i made one successful online purchase using the physical cards number in the past 3 months.

Apple made a “call” on my account to verify the account when I tried to pay, the charge was authorized but no payment was taken by Apple.

The only way to get to the bottom of this is by calling Apple helpline.

I hope someone will find this post helpful in the future.

You’ve probably sorted it by now but I’ve always had my BKK Bank debit card as my payment method with my Apple ID. I purchase all my Apple products online, the only snag I had was when I forgot to ‘up’ the daily purchase limit when I bought a number of items at the same time that were above what I’d previously set.

Archived