Best wifi... Pay as you go

nomad2019

Hi

What exactly is best wifi to get on my phone.

One2call.

I am only in thailand 3 months per year so i cannot make contract.

I have samsung 32" smart tv and i want a wifi strong enough to stream movies & youtube ect on my television using mobile hotspot or bluetooth whatever.

Thanks

Sent from my EML-L09 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

i use a huawei mobile wifi router, it can use any sim card , speeds can go up to 1 gbs and can support up to 10  connections, You can use it anywhere in the world where there is 3 or 4g. charges on usb and can last up to 8 hours if not connected to electric. There are other manufacturers as well for this.

17 minutes ago, 30la said:

I use 4GB internet of AIS, unlimited downloads for 650 Baht + tax per month, (around 700 Baht).
I use it at home also for connecting my computer, I watch movies and surf the net without any problem!

That sounds interesting. What speeds to you get and to you have a link to this offer? Or is it with usable speed for the first 4GB only and then throttles down to 64 or 128?

3 hours ago, Beggar said:

That sounds interesting. What speeds to you get and to you have a link to this offer? Or is it with usable speed for the first 4GB only and then throttles down to 64 or 128?

They are 4 GB of speed and do not change during the entire period of use.
If you go to an AIS shop they give you all the necessary information.
If you want to try type: * 777 * 7159 # and then call, you must have the 700 Baht available on the phone, it is immediately activated.

3 minutes ago, 30la said:

They are 4 GB of speed and do not change during the entire period of use.
If you go to an AIS shop they give you all the necessary information.
If you want to try type: * 777 * 7159 # and then call, you must have the 700 Baht available on the phone, it is immediately activated.

If there is no throttling then this is very interesting. What speeds do you get? I don't have AIS at the moment. I will ask them about this package. 

4 GB??!! That is enough for one movie. So totally useless for streaming "Movies, YT etc"

Of course he means unlimited data at a 4 Mbps speed for 695.50, which is likely only available to people who have an old AIS SIM registered before the 1st of Feb.

If that is the case, it would be better to go for 10 Mbps, if streaming HD movies.

All MiFi devices fit in your pocket and let you connect your gadgets to Wi-Fi, but some offer specific features. For instance, 4GEE WiFi from EE is made for delivering the network’s superfast 4G speeds. Alternatively, if you already have a device, all you need is a SIM to put in it.

8 minutes ago, SAMJOSEPH said:

All MiFi devices fit in your pocket and let you connect your gadgets to Wi-Fi, but some offer specific features. For instance, 4GEE WiFi from EE is made for delivering the network’s superfast 4G speeds. Alternatively, if you already have a device, all you need is a SIM to put in it.

Why the need for this none-sense?

4GEE WiFi from EE in Thailand? 

Best I find is DTAC, Go No Limit : Unlimited net 4Mbps max speed + free calls

Bh650 for 30 days and actually unlimited at 4Mbps, they have 10Mpbs but I only see that offer for 7 days @ Bh 300

I now find it rare to find actual unlimited so read the package before buying

you should also check which provider works 'well" in the area you plan to stay, it can vary.

I use 4GB internet of AIS, unlimited downloads for 650 Baht + tax per month, (around 700 Baht).
I use it at home also for connecting my computer, I watch movies and surf the net without any problem!
Yes ok
But if you read my post again ais will expire when you dont top up and are out of the country

Sent from my SM-A202F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

23 minutes ago, sfokevin said:

Perhaps you should use the Translate function before you make blanket recommendations.

1 hour ago, KneeDeep said:

Perhaps you should use the Translate function before you make blanket recommendations.

Google Translate...

”#Details of True SIM SIM TRUE
 Unlimited 4Mbps internet, no speed reduction, can be used continuously for 12 months, internet renewal automatically
 Free first month, 2-12 months, top up per internet
 150 baht per month including tax and is a prepaid SIM card.  (No number selection)
 # Available in all areas throughout Thailand
 * Please make a decision before ordering completely.  Sim must register please  The usage period starts from the date of registration.  (Do not cancel the order and return the product) * The SIM is already registered.  (Therefore cannot be stored) * The first month is free.  (Usage period decreases according to delivery time) Internet 4 Mbps
 Free calls to all networks  Not more than 30 minutes at a time
 Get free calls continuously for 12 months
 Free first month  Next month, service fee 150 baht
 Tax included. Automatic top-up every 30 days.
 Can be used for 12 months from the date of SIM registration.
 Able to connect to a WiFi hotspot. There are (sms) notification messages before the internet runs out for 2-3 days.
 To top up  The system will automatically deduct the promotion check. Press * 900 # Call
 #Serp sim #register sim #sim true sim # simnet unlimited # simnet # cheap sim # simped # prepaid sim #truemoveh”

KneeDeep would it be possible for you to make a positive contribution to this thread?... 

4 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Can only be used in Issan.

• SIM Thep - TRUE Unlimited 4Mbps internet, no speed reduction, free call to all networks * Renew 12 months, first month free.
  • ➡️ The provinces that can use unlimited internet + free calls, namely Nakhon Ratchasima, Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Kaen, Buri Ram, Udon Thani, Roi Et, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin.
  • มหา️ Maha Sarakham Nakhon Phanom Loei Yasothon Nong Khai Bueng Kan Amnat Charoen Mukdahan Si Sa Ket Surin Sakon Nakhon Nong Bua Lamphu

5 hours ago, BritManToo said:

Can only be used in Issan.

• SIM Thep - TRUE Unlimited 4Mbps internet, no speed reduction, free call to all networks * Renew 12 months, first month free.
  • ➡️ The provinces that can use unlimited internet + free calls, namely Nakhon Ratchasima, Ubon Ratchathani, Khon Kaen, Buri Ram, Udon Thani, Roi Et, Chaiyaphum, Kalasin.
  • มหา️ Maha Sarakham Nakhon Phanom Loei Yasothon Nong Khai Bueng Kan Amnat Charoen Mukdahan Si Sa Ket Surin Sakon Nakhon Nong Bua Lamphu

I am confused?... Where is the English translation you have above come from on the following page?...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/true-4mbps-12-i514002734-s913360580.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.13.47425d3elwnGEG&search=1

Sorry after looking the first on my original post I mentioned two sims... After looking closely the first linked sim does show a restriction to provinces (I have never seen that and wonder how they effect it?)... My second linked  sim has no province restrictions...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-true-4-mbps-12-i468126883-s856506689.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.47425d3eSoOrMa&search=1

10 hours ago, sfokevin said:

Sorry after looking the first on my original post I mentioned two sims... After looking closely the first linked sim does show a restriction to provinces (I have never seen that and wonder how they effect it?)... My second linked  sim has no province restrictions...

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/sim-true-4-mbps-12-i468126883-s856506689.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.47425d3eSoOrMa&search=1

256 kbps outside of Isaan.

Try ordering the 'no restriction' SIM and let us know how it goes.

Archived