Koh Lipe

phuketsub

Has anyone been to Koh Lipe in Satun? I am getting roped into a three-day visit there and would appreciate any must-see attractions, things-to-avoid tips, etc. It's probably the last major island tourism destination that I have yet to visit, so I hope it hasn't yet been fully ravaged by 'development' like all the others...

Been to Lipe 3 years ago, good time, nice island. 

It's very very small, so in 3 days you have seen everything. You can walk everywhere ...

Try to stay on the Sunrise beach side, it's the nicest beach to stay. From all the beaches in Thailand, it was the clearest water I've ever seen.

You could see the stones through 1 meter water super clear. There are also many little food shops with more authentic local food.

... walk over to Sunset beach in the evenings for a sunset drink.

The main beach is overcrowded (they call it little pattaya), but good for some dinner/drinks in the evening if you want it. 

I had a great time there. I remember I stayed in one of the bungalows at Gipsy resort.

13 minutes ago, lemonjelly said:

Nice island, bit over swamped with resorts nowadays but still has a good vibe. Recommend Bobby’s Pizza in Satun town for a good pizza while you’re in that neighborhood as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

Thanks ...will try to check out the pizza joint too

28 minutes ago, RedPill said:

Been to Lipe 3 years ago, good time, nice island. 

It's very very small, so in 3 days you have seen everything. You can walk everywhere ...

Try to stay on the Sunrise beach side, it's the nicest beach to stay. From all the beaches in Thailand, it was the clearest water I've ever seen.

You could see the stones through 1 meter water super clear. There are also many little food shops with more authentic local food.

... walk over to Sunset beach in the evenings for a sunset drink.

The main beach is overcrowded (they call it little pattaya), but good for some dinner/drinks in the evening if you want it. 

I had a great time there. I remember I stayed in one of the bungalows at Gipsy resort.

Clear water sounds great...where I swim here in Songkhla I can seldom ever see my feet! thanks

Be sure you have your sea legs for the speedboat crossing, quite a few threw up on the way back, but the advantage is that you do get to stop at a few desert islands on the way over. The second one is out of this world.

We stayed at Ditta Resort or Ritta Resort, but it was beautiful, white sand and not overcrowded (April this year) Walk to the beach 2 mins, great breakfasts. 5 minute walk to Walking Street which is the centre of the island and takes all of 10 minutes to walk up and the same back to the beach, quite a few restaurants selling various food,

I would definatley go back, it's quiet, perfect type of holiday for an old boy like me.

I had never heard of it , but we were in Hat Yai for my wife's annual family reunion and she suggested we went, so we did

Archived