Non-Imm o multi entry based on marriage issued in Savannakhet

I have a Non-Imm O multi entry based on marriage issued in Savannakhet valid until 23 Dec 2019.

My question, will the Thai Consulate issue another Non-Imm O before the "valid until" date of my current visa?

I was planning to travel to Savannakhet on the 16 Dec and applying for a new visa on the 17 Dec 2019 and enter Thailand on the 18 Dec.

I have read on TV this may not be possible.

Thank you for any advice.

They might not accept your application.

See this topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1129621-savannakhet-making-the-rules-up-as-they-go/

But he was trying to get a single entry non-o visa.

Why do you want to do it early. You could get a new 90 day entry from your visa up to midnight on the December 23rd when you visa expires.

• Thanks 1

My second non-O ME Visa earlier this year in the UK was issued well before the first one expired (so that the next entry to Thailand would span the school holidays).

But a lot has changed in the last 9 months!

Never been to that place you mention, I was going to try HCMC if their mode of operation is still the same in another 9 months or so...

15 minutes ago, ozfarang said:

Thanks ubonjoe.

I have to travel to Australia on 20 Dec and will not be back to Thailand until early in the new year.

I'll enter on a VE and then go for a new non-imm o multi then.

You could do a border run shortly before you leave the country for a new 90 day entry and then get a single re-entry permit (1000 baht) to keep the remainder of your 90 day entry valid when you enter the country. No need to get a new visa util March if you do it that way.

• Like 1

Last year  i was not aware that i could get another 90 days from the border with my non-o multi. I had another 2 or 3 weeks for my visa to expire / ends. I went to the border and the IO told me i can get another 3 months without any problem, no need to go and make a new one (bless her, she was so helpful) I told her im already here and did all my preparations to get a new one. Well i went to thai embassy in SAVA. they gave me a new one without any question. This was last year though... dont know if anything changed. 

• Haha 1

Thanks problemfarang.

The unknown at the present with all the changes going on with visas, don't think i will take a chance on a refusal. It would be a wasted trip.

Edited by ozfarang

5 hours ago, ozfarang said:

Thanks problemfarang.

The unknown at the present with all the changes going on with visas, don't think i will take a chance on a refusal. It would be a wasted trip.

yes, sadly they can change things in 5 min. Ubon's suggestion seems nice

Edited by problemfarang
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, sillyfool said:

so to get a new non o from sava you have to wait for your current one to expire ? 

Most people do not apply for a new one before it expires since that is tossing away another 90 day entry you can get up to midnight on the date it expires.

If you apply for a new multiple entry visa they might issue a new one.

• Like 1

On 10/22/2019 at 2:34 PM, ubonjoe said:

They might not accept your application.

See this topic. https://forum.thaivisa.com/topic/1129621-savannakhet-making-the-rules-up-as-they-go/

But he was trying to get a single entry non-o visa.

Why do you want to do it early. You could get a new 90 day entry from your visa up to midnight on the December 23rd when you visa expires.

I was there yesterday. My Visa was to expire on the 14 Nov.

They had other issues with my new application but didn't have any issue with a new Visa 3 weeks early.

Be sure to have your original marriage cert.

• Thanks 1