Dennis Quaid, 65, is marrying a 26 year old, and his 'Parent Trap' costar just made the best joke

snoop1130

Dennis Quaid, 65, is marrying a 26 year old, and his 'Parent Trap' costar just made the best joke

By Kim Renfro

5dae21d9045a3159d950d038.jpg

Dennis Quaid and fiancée Laura Savoie at a screening for "Midway" on October 20, 2019 in Honolulu, Hawaii. Marco Garcia/Getty Images

Dennis Quaid, 65, proposed to his 26-year-old girlfriend Laura Savoie, according to a new interview with "Extra."

As the news made its way around Twitter, Quaid's former costar from "The Parent Trap" joined in the conversation with a reference to the plot of their iconic 1998 movie.

"Watch out for those twins," actress Elaine Hendrix tweeted along with the "twins" emoji.

In "The Parent Trap" (which was a remake of Disney's original 1961 movie), Hendrix played Meredith Blake — the 26-year-old fiancée of Quaid's character Nick Parker.

Full Story: https://www.insider.com/dennis-quaid-marrying-a-26-year-old-parent-trap-joke-2019-10

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, elliss said:

He 65 ,  she 26 ,  age gap not enough , only 39 years , sad .

He could do better in LOS,  I have ....

His and yours are both likely in it only for the money yet I'm picking his looks significantly more attractive than yours. Quaid for the win.

2 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

She is less than 30 years his junior so it isn't cradle robbing or pedophilia (a 30 year difference is all it takes for some to call it pedophilia).

I say good on him.

I just hope he gets his money's worth.

39 years Harry, but as you say, good on him ????

I read the following and she does not sound like a blonde bimbo.

"While at the University of Texas in the McCombs School of Business, Savoie is working towards her PhD in accounting where she has been enrolled since 2017. She is also working as a teaching and research assistant, according to her LinkedIn. Savoie attended undergrad at Pepperdine University and was the class valedictorian. She then went on to receive her masters at the University of Notre Dame where she graduated Magna Cum Laude."

"According to her LinkedIn, she's a registered yoga teacher. Savoie, who has her real estate's license in California, works as a consultant for real estate operations at Pepperdine University in Malibu. She was also employed by Ernst & Young for two years in Los Angeles prior to enrolling at UT Austin."

While life with Dennis may not be traditional, I bet it would be a lot more fun.

2 hours ago, HarrySeaman said:

She is less than 30 years his junior so it isn't cradle robbing or pedophilia (a 30 year difference is all it takes for some to call it pedophilia).

I say good on him.

I just hope he gets his money's worth.

I don't call this pedo by any age difference, but your math is bad. She's an adult and so is he. The younger women come with less baggage.

48 minutes ago, villagefarang said:

I read the following and she does not sound like a blonde bimbo.

"While at the University of Texas in the McCombs School of Business, Savoie is working towards her PhD in accounting where she has been enrolled since 2017. She is also working as a teaching and research assistant, according to her LinkedIn. Savoie attended undergrad at Pepperdine University and was the class valedictorian. She then went on to receive her masters at the University of Notre Dame where she graduated Magna Cum Laude."

"According to her LinkedIn, she's a registered yoga teacher. Savoie, who has her real estate's license in California, works as a consultant for real estate operations at Pepperdine University in Malibu. She was also employed by Ernst & Young for two years in Los Angeles prior to enrolling at UT Austin."

While life with Dennis may not be traditional, I bet it would be a lot more fun.

Fair enough. I shouldn't be judging a book by its cover.

38 minutes ago, Tropposurfer said:

WhyTF would you marry a western woman ? Loud, smelly as all get out, obnoxious, greedy, grasping, neurotic, fat (or soon to be), and compared to Thai women ugly as hell ... the list goes on. 

Ridiculous comment, there are beautiful western women the same as there are beautiful Thai women, and there's quite a few greedy, grasping and crazy Thais as well.

7 minutes ago, giddyup said:

Because he was attracted to her for other reasons than superficial beauty?

Is she famous for BJs or what others reasons might be important for him?

That reminds me of that movie where one police guy observers another under cover police guy who is together with a woman. She makes him a great meal, they have great sex she seems to be perfect. Later the observing officers comments: Now if she also bringe the trash out then marry her...

6 minutes ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Is she famous for BJs or what others reasons might be important for him?

You shouldn't judge everyone on your criteria. I'm sure he can have his pick of air heads, perhaps her intelligence attracted him. She's not a raving beauty, but she's still attractive.

Archived