Thai Airways opens new lounge at Suvarnabhumi

snoop1130

Thai Airways opens new lounge at Suvarnabhumi

By The Nation

800_19643371e7086fc.jpg

Thai Airways has gone green for its latest business-class lounge, the Royal Orchid Prestige, which was launched yesterday (October 21) at Suvarnabhumi Airport on the concept “Ecology Green Mood”.

Manusnunt Sitthijirasin, managing director, Ground Customer Services Department, said that the airline was constantly seeking ways to improve the quality of its services and that the ‘Ecology Green Mood’ décor was designed to lighten the mood of passengers just as if they were relaxing in natural surroundings. 

Spread over 2,089 square metres, the Royal Orchid Prestige Lounge is open daily from 5am to 2am and is divided into the West zone for the first-class passengers and Platinum Royal Orchid Plus cardholders and the East zone for business class, Golden Royal Orchid Plus card members and Star Alliance members. Both zones have restrooms for mothers and babies, the disabled and the elderly, 

The new Royal Orchid Prestige Lounge is on the third floor in Concourse D zone and cn serve 4,200 passengers per day on average.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30377646

logo2.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-10-22

1 hour ago, tracker1 said:

And the plebs get the public toilet rest room ! don't worry about looking after you ordinary paying passengers I'm sure there are more of them then Gold First Class and Business class !

Them Gold First Class and Business passengers are the profit drivers....

"And the plebs get the public toilet rest room ! don't worry about looking after you ordinary paying passengers I'm sure there are more of them then Gold First Class and Business class !"

"For everybody? Or just those that are top of the gravy train."

Have either of you two checked the difference in cost between First & Business Class and Economy Class. Those who fly First and Business pay for the benefits (except of course the HiSo freeloaders)

I will be interested to see how much nicer (and much bigger( this renovated one is compared to the smaller ones at either end of the airport. The smaller ones are usually closer to my gate, and thus more convenient. There selection of food if often quite limited however, although that doesn't matter too much since we are fed shortly after takeoff anyway.

On 10/22/2019 at 5:52 PM, tracker1 said:

And the plebs get the public toilet rest room ! don't worry about looking after you ordinary paying passengers I'm sure there are more of them then Gold First Class and Business class !

So you expect a free business class lounge for everybody?  

3 hours ago, alt said:

Flying J Class with Turkish (departing in Jan) - Is this a Star Alliance lounge? Must give it a try if so

Yes it is Star Alliance. You can use it even if flying THAI. It is a decent lounge, better than the old TG lounges.

But I have just used the new THAI premium lounge (next to D gates) and it is a big improvement so would probably choose that first.

• 2 weeks later...
13 hours ago, alt said:

Thanks. There's so many lounges, I really don't know which one to go to! As mentioned we're flying J with Turkish, so can use any Star Alliance lounge.

Any recommendations? ????

I think the Turkish lounge is pretty comfortable but then so is the new THAI premium lounge.

I would choose based on which is closer to the departure gate for your flight.

16 hours ago, alt said:

Thanks. There's so many lounges, I really don't know which one to go to! As mentioned we're flying J with Turkish, so can use any Star Alliance lounge.

Any recommendations? ????

You will find many opinions on www.flyertalk.com/forum/thai-airways-royal-orchid-plus

Depends on what you want, how much time you have, time of the day (which lounges are open and which are full or not really relaxing to sit in), if you want to be near the gate. SQ and EVA lounges are popular on above site. Too many people in my opinion criticise the TG lounges - food has impoved in last year or so (but food is not important to me wehn choosing a lounge), new lounge is very welcome. Food and drink good in SQ lounge, but food seems to be the same every time I go there. If not too busy then I often go there, but late evenings especially on Sunday can be very busy.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/23/2019 at 7:52 AM, steven100 said:

Opening ceremony today …..   closing ceremony coming soon. 

Woah..., I better get in quick. Next visit..., I'll go there and hang out in there for awhile..., take a squizz at how the 'ballast class'(from up the front of the plane live)....., it's probably the only opportunity I'll have to claw back any of my 20 odd thousand ff 'brownie points' ! ???? 

Archived