EU's Juncker brands Brexit a 'waste of time and energy'

snoop1130

23 minutes ago, nauseus said:

Welcome back from hibernation. Sorry you slept so badly.

hmm,

right, the rest was OK

at any rate as we say in Yorkshire,

about UK moves ahead in concerted action now, leaving EU or not leaving EU - time to move ahead

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Bluespunk said:

Parliament just rejected johnsons timetable. 

MPs reject Brexit bill timetable https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50146182

He said he would withdraw bill if this happened. 

Boris Johnson to pull Brexit bill if timetable not approved

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-50142367

We shall see...

He did not say when... 

5 hours ago, melvinmelvin said:

agree,

why the heck should EU offer UK any further special deals?

UK already enjoys a handfull of specialties for pommies, suffice those does.

There is no point in developing the European project in direction of the "EU and UK association",

UK should take what she has agreed to or <deleted> off, although - seems the peeing cannot

bring her ut - maybe her pecker is pointing in the wrong direction

am thoroughly disappointed with UK and also somewhat frightened/scared

maybe the moorings should be cut and you can freely drift off into the North Atrlantic

and sink when it suits you - but keep a watch so you don't bump into the Irish lands and hurt 'em on the way

yes! let Britain be great again and surely all the ice melting going on will bring around some riplles you can rule.

Perhaps great britain is sick and tired of bailing out the europhiles petite as was proved in OUR referendum.

34 minutes ago, kingdong said:

At last,I was beginning to despair.

Beggining to? Your desparation has been apparent for a long time. Firstly, when May revealed her deal and the pink unicorn of a perfect Brexit dissappeared. Now, any kind of brexit is looking like a pink unicorn. I feel your pain.

Where the hell do i start. Waste of time i think not........ They will take control of our forces, tax system, and make uk change to euros, they already have made us change to kilos and grams instead of pounds and ounces. Taking it further I'm sure they will want the whole of europe to adopt a single language, there's.... German, they tried that twice in 1914 and 1939 and lost both times. The french are being not very helpful at the moment, they forget we saved them from the germans, how would they like to change their language, it would have happened if not for British. I also find it amazing that prime minster May was stopped from coming out, now boris is the same, hell who is in charge of the uk? God help us ig labour get in, borrow borrow borrow, and they are stopping an election, JESUS. 

11 hours ago, tebee said:

I would put money on it, that any brexit that does happen, will be reversed within a few years, both because the public will see what a stupid idea it was as it's bad effects permeate the economy and society in general and because the older brexiters die off and are replaced by youngsters with more of a European vision.

So yes, it's a waste of time   

the EU will not exist in a few years after we leave, 

45 minutes ago, DannyCarlton said:

Beggining to? Your desparation has been apparent for a long time. Firstly, when May revealed her deal and the pink unicorn of a perfect Brexit dissappeared. Now, any kind of brexit is looking like a pink unicorn. I feel your pain.

Desperation?these colours don,t run

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

European Commission President Jean-Claude Juncker said on Tuesday that Brexit has been a “waste of time and energy”, and it has irked him that he could not have spent more of his five-year mandate on making the bloc serve its citizens better.

Poor Juncker, have you already counted how many drunkenness you lost? Not one, you are a person who always drinks even during "work"! Right or not?

15 hours ago, Opl said:

It's never enough..." The UK has negotiated a number of exceptions (called opt-outs) from parts of EU legislation since it joined the EEC in the 1970’s. Where the UK has negotiated such exceptions, the UK is not bound by EU rules in these areas, or has other special arrangements."

https://politick.co.uk/uk-opt-outs-from-eu-legislation/

"the U.K. was skeptical of the EU before it even existed."

“You must know that when we have to choose between Europe and the open seas, we will always be with the open seas.”

" You must know that when we have to choose between Europe and the open seas, we will always be with the open seas.”

What about 48% of British people who disagree?

21 hours ago, Topdoc said:

These so called 'lawmakers' need to follow the spirit of the law

Which lawmakers ? Junker is NOT a law maker, only president of the EU commission, a kind of EU ministers, who have to execute the decissions of the EU council, existing of the heads of government of the EU member states.

Time after so many years to know the EU.

21 hours ago, nauseus said:

It was probably your "EU informants" who started this trendy turpitude ball rolling. 

An not underssigned letter is a no=-letter, which belongs in the waste paper box.

Second, as NOT undersigned, it cannot be proved the PM of the UK send it, so a violation of the UK Benn act law. 

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

An not underssigned letter is a no=-letter, which belongs in the waste paper box.

Second, as NOT undersigned, it cannot be proved the PM of the UK send it, so a violation of the UK Benn act law. 

Well, Tusk doesn't seem to know that, so mum's the word eh? Nudge nudge.

2 hours ago, puipuitom said:

Which lawmakers ? Junker is NOT a law maker, only president of the EU commission, a kind of EU ministers, who have to execute the decissions of the EU council, existing of the heads of government of the EU member states.

Time after so many years to know the EU.

Don't be so daft. Juncker is head of the commission and it is the commission that is the origin of all EU laws.

39 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I don't but that is my choice in the same way that you agree with him.

You're wrong, Brexit was a great idea but they'll never actually let us go (not the UK MPs and not the EU MPs) in anything but name. All that's going to happen is we Brits will lose our right to live and work in the EU, while everyone else will still be totally welcomed in the UK.

12 hours ago, helloagain said:

Where the hell do i start. Waste of time i think not........ They will take control of our forces, tax system, and make uk change to euros, they already have made us change to kilos and grams instead of pounds and ounces. Taking it further I'm sure they will want the whole of europe to adopt a single language, there's.... German, they tried that twice in 1914 and 1939 and lost both times. The french are being not very helpful at the moment, they forget we saved them from the germans, how would they like to change their language, it would have happened if not for British. I also find it amazing that prime minster May was stopped from coming out, now boris is the same, hell who is in charge of the uk? God help us ig labour get in, borrow borrow borrow, and they are stopping an election, JESUS. 

Yes. The UK should definitely revert to the Pound, Shillings,Threepence, Pennies, Half Penny,  Farthing and  all ancient derivatives  of a  bizzare Imperial currency just to  make a stand post  Brexit! That will make life  so interesting  for sure. But the super poor  might appreciate  the coinage just for the sake  of having some  albeit  worth  nowt !

Go further to stamp the flag of  independence by officially  reintroducing the  mile, yard, inch, chain, link as a measure  of achievement. Further again and  bring back  gallons, quarts, pints and ounzes in grand defiance. Most  Brits  never have comprehended metrication in  daily use anyway. A Pint is  still a Pint ( or is  it? )

For the latter at least will accommodate the "great  trade  deals  with the US so long as it the diminutive  measure of the US where a gallon is  20% smaller. That is unless  gallon for  gallon  the UK will willingly  give away that  20% ?

So who is in charge?  None  of those  featured. The world  has been the victim of credit based monetary policy since no later than  1979.

Democratic Europe, our granoarryand probably some of you older guys here parents fought for freedom, and now we see the Tyranny from Brussels ruine countries sovereignty, when countries sign up for the Soviet 2.0 aka EU it was all about trade, now it have become and anti- democratic union who force laws and rules on countries.

There is something called world trade organization, so no country needs those commies/bullies in Brussels. If a person belives in democracy and sovereignty then you can't be for EU. 

Be thankful you are from a country outside of EU...

4 hours ago, Dumbastheycome said:

Yes. The UK should definitely revert to the Pound, Shillings,Threepence, Pennies, Half Penny,  Farthing and  all ancient derivatives  of a  bizzare Imperial currency just to  make a stand post  Brexit! That will make life  so interesting  for sure. But the super poor  might appreciate  the coinage just for the sake  of having some  albeit  worth  nowt !

Go further to stamp the flag of  independence by officially  reintroducing the  mile, yard, inch, chain, link as a measure  of achievement. Further again and  bring back  gallons, quarts, pints and ounzes in grand defiance. Most  Brits  never have comprehended metrication in  daily use anyway. A Pint is  still a Pint ( or is  it? )

For the latter at least will accommodate the "great  trade  deals  with the US so long as it the diminutive  measure of the US where a gallon is  20% smaller. That is unless  gallon for  gallon  the UK will willingly  give away that  20% ?

So who is in charge?  None  of those  featured. The world  has been the victim of credit based monetary policy since no later than  1979.

We went decimal in 1971. Cost a fortune.

17 hours ago, helloagain said:

^

I would rather lose than win with 'views' like this. The voice of Leave. Say goodnight to the folks Gracie. 

Archived