BANGKOK
snoop1130

UK police to interview U.S. diplomat's wife about fatal crash

16 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Would you sing the same song if it was your son who got killed? Normal people stay around, administer first aid and call an ambulance and the cops after having been involved in an accident, especially if they’re innocent, they don’t run back to the fort! 

Did she leave the sheen of the accident? I did not read that in the OP.

But all I know about this case is from the OP, in fact I just went back and reread it to make sure I had not missed it. Can you please send me a link to further information that says she left the sheen of the accident? if she did it would be a totally different issue, and i am surprised the OP did not mention it.

On 10/22/2019 at 7:08 PM, mtls2005 said:

The husband works for the NSA - believe she (or both) were recently arrived at this posting - and diplomatic immunity for non-diplomats appears to be something specially negotiated between the two countries for ~ 25 years?

No clue why she did a runner, after two weeks, if she has diplomatic immunity? Or if she was innocent?

The attempted shark-jumping of the parents at the WH was unusually cruel and vulgar.

What happened at the very white house was even more vulgar and tasteless than Trumps normal daily behavior. They were caught in a trap by men totally devoid of compassion, hearts and souls. Empty suits with only one agenda. 

Not to worry. All of these utter fools will be gone in just 14 months. 

19 hours ago, sirineou said:

Did she leave the sheen of the accident? I did not read that in the OP.

But all I know about this case is from the OP, in fact I just went back and reread it to make sure I had not missed it. Can you please send me a link to further information that says she left the sheen of the accident? if she did it would be a totally different issue, and i am surprised the OP did not mention it.

I assumed she left the scene of the accident, otherwise the police would have her statement already and therefore there would be no need to fly two cops all the way to the US to “interview” her.

23 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

I assumed she left the scene of the accident, otherwise the police would have her statement already and therefore there would be no need to fly two cops all the way to the US to “interview” her.

It has being reported that she remained in the country for about 10 days, if she had left the seen of the accident and was in the country for 10 days, I think it is the fault of the UK authorities for not interviewing her or restricting her traveling.

Any links of other articles that support your assumption would be appreciated.

On 10/24/2019 at 5:32 PM, sirineou said:

It has being reported that she remained in the country for about 10 days, if she had left the seen of the accident and was in the country for 10 days, I think it is the fault of the UK authorities for not interviewing her or restricting her traveling.

Any links of other articles that support your assumption would be appreciated.

Leaving the scene of an accident you’re involved in is illegal. It’s called hit and run. Since she has diplomatic immunity there was nothing the cops could do to stop her from leaving. Either way, she made a beeline instead of taking responsibility. 

20 minutes ago, pacovl46 said:

Leaving the scene of an accident you’re involved in is illegal. It’s called hit and run. Since she has diplomatic immunity there was nothing the cops could do to stop her from leaving. Either way, she made a beeline instead of taking responsibility. 

Dis she really leave the scene of the accident? IMO that would be very bad.

Can someone please provide a link to an article where it is reported that she left the scene of the accident?

1 hour ago, sirineou said:

Dis she really leave the scene of the accident? IMO that would be very bad.

Can someone please provide a link to an article where it is reported that she left the scene of the accident?

It's my understanding that she did not leave the scene of the accident; she fled the UK, though.

3 hours ago, Scott said:

It's my understanding that she did not leave the scene of the accident; she fled the UK, though.

since there were no restrictions on her travels (is that true?) then I don't think the term "fled" applies.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sirineou said:

since there were no restrictions on her travels (is that true?) then I don't think the term "fled" applies.

UK Police wanted to interview her. She knew that and left. So yes, I think the term 'fled' is very appropriate.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, stevenl said:

UK Police wanted to interview her. She knew that and left. So yes, I think the term 'fled' is very appropriate.

I dont know the particulars of this case , so what I say below might not be correct, So far no one has provided a link to any publication that contradicts what I say.

If the police did not want her to leave they should had placed travel restrictions on her or confiscated  her passport. 

Did they?   Link please

If they did not she had every right to travel, thus she did not "Fled" she departed after (from what I was told in this thread) 10 days post accident. 

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

"Britain was warned the suspect in the death of a teenage motorcyclist would leave the country but couldn't do anything to stop it."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GVxmhQ-UIgY

"Family spokesman Radd Seiger said US National Security Adviser Robert O'Brien told the family during the meeting that Mrs Sacoolas "was never coming back" to the UK.

Mrs Sacoolas was said to be covered by diplomatic immunity as the spouse of a US intelligence official, though that protection is now in dispute.

Northamptonshire Police said it will be submitting a file to the Crown Prosecution Service "very soon" on the fatal collision that led to the Mr Dunn's death.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, sirineou said:

I dont know the particulars of this case , so what I say below might not be correct, So far no one has provided a link to any publication that contradicts what I say.

If the police did not want her to leave they should had placed travel restrictions on her or confiscated  her passport. 

Did they?   Link please

If they did not she had every right to travel, thus she did not "Fled" she departed after (from what I was told in this thread) 10 days post accident. 

They could not restrict her travelling due to her having diplomatic immunity.

5 minutes ago, stevenl said:

They could not restrict her travelling due to her having diplomatic immunity.

So so far nothing illegal has occurred and she did not fled but rather departed as it was her right to do,. If indeed she has committed a crime. she should be charged and , begin extradition proceedings to bring her back. 

19 minutes ago, sirineou said:

So so far nothing illegal has occurred and she did not fled but rather departed as it was her right to do,. If indeed she has committed a crime. she should be charged and , begin extradition proceedings to bring her back. 

Well… but it's still true that she was'nt on the scene anymore when Harry Dunn's father arrived 40mn after the accident occured. So they could'nt meet when she still was in the UK.  As you said it was her right to do so. Harry Dunn's father was concerned " Did she go to comfort my son?". She probably did, and left only after the rescue team took the victim in charge, but was'nt there any more to comfort Harry Dunn's parents, which - in my personal view is in some aspects can be considered as failing to face the situation - could be qualified as " fleeing" too, BUT thanks to the benefit of Diplomatic immunity it is'nt. 

Edited by Opl

13 minutes ago, Opl said:

Well… but it's still true that she was'nt on the scene anymore when Harry Dunn's father arrived 40mn after the accident occured. So they could'nt meet when she still was in the UK.  As you said it was her right to do so. Harry Dunn's father was concerned " Did she go to comfort my son?". She probably did, and left only after the rescue team took the victim in charge, but was'nt there any more to comfort Harry Dunn's parents, which - in my personal view is in some aspects can be considered as failing to face the situation - could be qualified as " fleeing" too, BUT thanks to the benefit of Diplomatic immunity it is'nt. 

So if I understand this correctly, she did not leave the scene of the accident until help arrives, and her only "crime" so far (as far as the scene of the accident issue is concerned)   is that she did not  remain to meet and  confront the parents. I wonder, did she know the parents were coming? and was the severity of the injuries apparent at the time? What was the state of her mind after a horrific accident? 

I am not trying to excuse her just considering a different narrative. 

Edited by sirineou
typo