BANGKOK
parafareno

MOved to BKK from europe and all my gmails are blocked now

all my gmail is blocked now....what to do....cause the ip changed.....i cant even rset the password.....this is so crazy......

I lost all access to my email....

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Moonlover said:

I've been a globe trotter for years. I've never had a bank block access to my accounts.

really? after almost 6 years i still go through it all the time with USA banks. drives me crazy. 

including blocking because of a VPN and also not using a VPN.

Edited by NCC1701A
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:
5 minutes ago, Moonlover said:

I've been a globe trotter for years. I've never had a bank block access to my accounts.

5 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

really? after almost 6 years i still go through it all the time with USA banks. drives me crazy. 

Well I must confess, I have noticed on TVF that the US banks do seem to a lot more troublesome than their UK counterparts.

I've been living in various locations around the world, including China ever since the advent of on-line banking and never had any adverse issues.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NCC1701A said:

It's not only some US banks that are geoblock; in my experience Capital One blocks whereas Bank of America doesn't. Even the not so wonderful AT&T sometimes needs a VPN to log in. What I find strange are the regular US businesses that prohibit access from non-US IP addresses. The latest one I have discovered is Home Depot!

• Like 1

i did not anything special, it was only location, nothing else....even my host blocked my ip for regular email...thailand is obviously a spam heaven...

8 hours ago, NanLaew said:

The latest one I have discovered is Home Depot!

That is one that I find pissing me off constantly when trying to plan some upgrades to my place in the US from the beach here. 

Enough to get me to get my phone-home VPN up and running reliably... so I guess I can thank them.  Now signing up for VOIP accounts or new credit cards or whatever is nice and easy.  I wonder if the “bad guys” ever thought of that...

• Like 1