BANGKOK
parafareno

MOved to BKK from europe and all my gmails are blocked now

I moved to Thailand from the Uk and back to the UK on g-mail, no problem with e-mails at all, apps now are a different story !

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Jaxxper said:

Hmmm, I’ve moved around a lot and my e mail accounts follow me. Never had a problem touch wood.

Hope you get it sorted though as I can imagine it would be frustrating.

Same here, Had the same Hotmail account , I can't even remember how long, travel to all different parts of the world at least twise a year, Never had a problem , so much so that the thought never occurred to me ,until I read this thread.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mavideol said:

need a VPN to access your original country where the account was set up

You really must be very careful with VPN's. Google knows that it's a VPN, and it can be an extra red flag. Unless you have something good that uses a real residential IP in your home country I would forget about VPN's and trying to bypass Google's security checks.

It's strange. I use gmail all the time, in many different countries. Never had a problem.

I did have problems with the combination of Facebook/Instagram and AIS. The problem with AIS is that they send all traffic out with the same IP. It can be confusing for social media and maybe also google/gmail. They see that a lot of traffic is coming from the same IP and can think that this IP is being abused. Changing to True or DTAC can help in that case.

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

really? after almost 6 years i still go through it all the time with USA banks. drives me crazy. 

including blocking because of a VPN and also not using a VPN.

Must be because the HuaHin I.P. area , known for the " suspicious rich" living  there :clap2:, do like us poor buggers and live Jomtien , and never a problem as such🤞😉

Edited by david555
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

this is very common if you come to Thailand. Banks will do the same as soon as they see Thailand IP. 

Really? Never had an issue with accessing any of my UK accounts from anywhere in the world, including frequent access from Thailand.

20 minutes ago, david555 said:

Must be because the HuaHin I.P. area , known for the " suspicious rich" living  there :clap2:, do like us poor buggers and live Jomtien , and never a problem as such🤞😉

I'm up near Nong Khai and both Skybet and bet365 have blocked me since the start of the English footy season.

Hotmail; is it going to close down soon? I'm getting requests to contact them. Not sure if they are genuine messages.

Edited by owl sees all

1 minute ago, owl sees all said:

I'm up near Nong Khai and both Skybet and bet365 have blocked me since the start of the English footy season.

maybe because money bets , you know Thailand's obsession with gambling ….

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, david555 said:

maybe because money bets , you know Thailand's obsession with gambling ….

Bet365 has live footy video streaming on their site. Wouldn't dream of having a flutter,. Well, just a little dream!

Edited by owl sees all

i switched to vpn and i think it is ok.....my hotel is really high end, but seems lots of spammers reside here or who knows

i moved around the world too before, stayed thailand 3 years, but 7 years ago, never had a single problem

only now....with this true,co,th apparently, shady shady

PayPal using by laptop ask me most of time a pin confirmation they send on my registered number by them , before login go true ,as safety verification 

Google can nagging endless if using a different hardware like laptop ,phone or else , just react on the security option and all becomes ok.

sometimes they are paranoia , and make us too , as you can start thinking it is not Google but phishing ….. disturbing times as those get more & more same looking as originals 

Edited by david555

You can move all around the world using your gmail. Why would Google block your account for no reason? 

well they block it i dont know why is google so stupid.....

i have to verify with my phone each time my ip changes...it sucks

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

Hotmail; is it going to close down soon? I'm getting requests to contact them. Not sure if they are genuine messages.

Never got a message they go close down , but many Hotmail addresses as example .com  or .co.uk etc ending existing .

Edited by david555

2 minutes ago, parafareno said:

well they block it i dont know why is google so stupid.....

i have to verify with my phone each time my ip changes...it sucks

never blocked , but emails reporting my account accessing so and so and if suspicious or not ….. just confirm I know it is me myself ,and ok.

20 minutes ago, owl sees all said:

hotmail is trying to have people switching their email to outlook... same company

• Like 1