BANGKOK
bbi1

Another successful METV entry - at DMK

Been on 3 or 4 METVs throughout the years. Reading all the reports of people being denied got me a bit worried before the trip.

I flew out of Thailand with the gf for a few days holiday then returned back here a few days ago via DMK using the last (3rd) entry of the METV. Arrived back in the evening and walked to the Thai passport line with the gf. Both of us walked up and presented out passports at the same time. After processing the gf's Thai passport, the male IO started processing mine. He asked the gf if I ever overstayed which she said no. Would've thought he could see all the history on the computer anyway without asking. After that he stamped me in for 60 days.

Could it be possible that the other people who reported that they were denied entry have past overstays? Otherwise are IO more lenient on letting people in that arrive and use the Thai line with their Thai gf? I'm not sure if using a male IO or female IO makes much difference. The 2nd entry was also done with my gf via the Thai line with a female IO and she just stamped me in without any questions. That was 3 months ago.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

Very vague post. METV "through out the years" means what exactly. Also bit weird pp control allowed you approach pp control together. 

No offence. You need post exact record of entries to airports using METV over last few years. A hai gf counts for zip I would have thought.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Been using a METV for at least 3 years already with about 2 months spent in the home country each time I go to get a new METV. All entries have been through Swampy except for the last two entries which were DMK.

Why weird approaching passport control together? I've approached it both times with the gf at DMK. Actually, the 1st time I went alone first then the IO asked for my gf to come to the counter together, where the IO processed her passport first then mine. This time we just both walked to the counter together.

OK just to assist members. Your saying over last 3 years you can stay in los on METV with 2 month home country then 6 in los (should be 9 if planned right) Then wash repeat. Each metv can give 9 month in los. So cut to chase simple question. How many month spent in Los last 3 years

Do you mind mentioning your age, nationality and whether your Thai girlfriend is in employment? My own sense is that evidence you are in a steady relationship with a Thai probably does count in your favour, as it provides a respectable reason for your long periods in Thailand, especially if your girlfriend gives a good impression. I am sure not everyone will agree, though.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Do you mind mentioning your age, nationality and whether your Thai girlfriend is in employment? My own sense is that evidence you are in a steady relationship with a Thai probably does count in your favour, as it provides a respectable reason for your long periods in Thailand, especially if your girlfriend gives a good impression. I am sure not everyone will agree, though.

Tim, I'm surprised with your post. So the op can basically live in Thailand with METV. Think he mentioned 3. Because he has Thai gf. I'm missing something. Geezus Thai pp control cannot judge "steady relationship".

I have taken the various friends to Saigon and back for weekend. It ain't steady. 

Edited by DrJack54

11 minutes ago, BritTim said:

What does good impression mean? Mean no high heels? Does not look like working girl? The farang attends imm control alone. Does not have school teacher Thai hold hand at pp control. What does Thai gf employment have to do with anything. 

I must be missing something.

20 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

OK just to assist members. Your saying over last 3 years you can stay in los on METV with 2 month home country then 6 in los (should be 9 if planned right) Then wash repeat. Each metv can give 9 month in los. So cut to chase simple question. How many month spent in Los last 3 years

Last 3 METV's were:

9 months on METV then 9 months in home country due to personal reasons (usually only 2 months in home country).

Then 8 months on METV, then 2 months home country.

Now 6 months so far on this METV (will total 8 months then I fly back home and will stay for 2 months). Current METV is in a new passport due to old passport being expired.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, BritTim said:

Mid-30s. Australian. Yes gf is employed.

Actually, when going to the Thai line at passport control, the IO doesn't know if the Thai girl is just a gf or a wife. Plus they don't ask anyway.

Edited by bbi1

12 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

Last 3 METV's were:

9 months on METV then 9 months in home country due to personal reasons (usually only 2 months in home country).

Then 8 months on METV, then 2 months home country.

Now 6 months so far on this METV (will total 8 months then I fly back home and will stay for 2 months). Current METV is in a new passport due to old passport being expired.

OK, think that sounds bit different to previous description. Anyway good luck visit gf.

The OP mentioned that this was his third entry on current METV.. The issues with continuous METVs with short break back home, have been on first entry on new METV, not someone entering on their 2nd or 3rd entry. The current METV was accepted on first entry, so any further entries should be irrelevant. But his next new METV, arriving at Swampy or DM, could definitely create entry issues. I'd consider next trip with new METV to fly to KL and then new flight direct to CM where issues are rare, if non-existent. 

• Like 1

I thought its not possible to use Thai passport line anymore because of the fingerprinting issue. But it is definitely a good news to me that there is a chance they let you use a Thai line in DMK when traveling together with gf.

I am sure the OP has mentioned previously he is of Asian ethnic origin, which may be of significance. Apologies if that is not correct.

Hold the front page.. People with valid visas can still enter the country. 

Its really come to this folks !! Think about that for a second. 

• Like 1

On 10/23/2019 at 9:51 PM, Trek800 said:

I thought its not possible to use Thai passport line anymore because of the fingerprinting issue. But it is definitely a good news to me that there is a chance they let you use a Thai line in DMK when traveling together with gf.

They have fingerprint scanners there too, but they didn't use them to scan when entering DMK that day.