Another successful METV entry - at DMK

4 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Yes it can work. The io assume your married. Even then you don't generally attend passport control together. However it occurs.

So how does it "generally" work? Foreigner walks up first or Thai walks up first then informs the IO that the person behind is the bf/husband? The very first time I walked up first and the lady IO asked the gf to come up to the counter and processed her passport first then mine last.

In the Thai line I've seen a family all walk up together at DMK. Thai father, Thai mother and their two small kids. I've also seen at Swampy in the foreign line something similar with foreigners.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, bbi1 said:

So how does it "generally" work? Foreigner walks up 1st or Thai walks up 1st then informs the IO that the person behind is the bf/husband? The very first time I walked up 1st and the lady IO asked the gf to come up to the counter and processed her passport first then mine last.

Your not getting your boarding pass at airline, where groups approach together. Your at passport control. I have read another post similar to your just recently, so it happens. 

Seriously I fly EVERY other week and had seen so many times where family member approaches, to supply perhaps hotel info etc and then quickly asked to go back after its supplied.

My only reason to post is to advise members walking up together is ZERO the norm. 

You were there I was not.

Which airport do you use - DMK or BKK? I fly in and out from the UK so it's BKK for me (I take a direct flight). I last used DMK a couple of years ago after entering from Malaysia. No issues then but I would no longer want to risk it. 
BKK but i would avoid in future. I'd probably go to KL then fly to U-Tapao