Sinus spray natural

Kenny202

Quite often get really dry sinuses which leads to restriction and headaches. I did have a nasal spray which I think was effectively eucalyptus and saline which seemed to work well.

Any body sourced anything like that here? Local pharmacies looking at me like I am from outer space

I have this problem and as I prefer natural methods I purchased a neti pot. I use this to irrigate my nasal passages with saline solution.

I also have a regular morning routine of vibrating my skull with a nnnnnnnnnnnnnn mantra.

Take an in-breath through the nose and then place your tongue behind your upper teeth. Then whist breathing out make an nnnnn sound. You can tune it by moving your tongue around to direct the vibrations into the sinus's. Eventually you will feel the mucus draining down the back of your throat. It's simple but very effective. You add to it by tapping the forehead and cheeks with your first and index fingers.

A variety of traditional and modern neti pots are available from Lazada.

Give it a try.

56 minutes ago, Pravda said:

Yea... just make sure you use sterilized water if you don't want your brain being munched at

Just use bottled water and heat it up in a microwave then wait for it to be room temperature. Then add the packaged salt thing in and stir it very well.

10 hours ago, Pravda said:

Yea... just make sure you use sterilized water if you don't want your brain being munched at

9 hours ago, bbi1 said:

Just use bottled water and heat it up in a microwave then wait for it to be room temperature. Then add the packaged salt thing in and stir it very well.

I've been doing this for many years and have never bothered with sterilization. When I was a regular SCUBA diver I used sea water straight from source, All divers know the benefits of nasal irrigation.

The nasal passages are very robust and have evolved to repel pathogens. That is in fact the primary role of the mucus.

Was really hoping to get something like I had before was great. I got one here yesterday but most of them burn the inside of my sinuses. The particular one I had was eucalyptus, saline and maybe a tiny bot of oil. Best one I used.

11 hours ago, Moonlover said:

I have this problem and as I prefer natural methods I purchased a neti pot. I use this to irrigate my nasal passages with saline solution.

I also have a regular morning routine of vibrating my skull with a nnnnnnnnnnnnnn mantra.

Take an in-breath through the nose and then place your tongue behind your upper teeth. Then whist breathing out make an nnnnn sound. You can tune it by moving your tongue around to direct the vibrations into the sinus's. Eventually you will feel the mucus draining down the back of your throat. It's simple but very effective. You add to it by tapping the forehead and cheeks with your first and index fingers.

Give it a try.

All the people in the office now think I'm weird.????

8 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Was really hoping to get something like I had before was great. I got one here yesterday but most of them burn the inside of my sinuses. The particular one I had was eucalyptus, saline and maybe a tiny bot of oil. Best one I used.

Saline solution, (more simply salt water) is the most natural substance that you can put up your nose because it matches the salinity of your bodily fluids, particularly tears. You can't get more natural than that.

17 hours ago, Moonlover said:

Give it a try.

I went to the pharmacy and very little available but did find one really helpful lady gave me some nasal caps to put on a syringe. I am going to make a mix of saline with a few drops of eucalyptus oil and try that. When you say irrigate do you mean you actually fully squirt water flush or is it like a mist spray?

36 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I went to the pharmacy and very little available but did find one really helpful lady gave me some nasal caps to put on a syringe. I am going to make a mix of saline with a few drops of eucalyptus oil and try that. When you say irrigate do you mean you actually fully squirt water flush or is it like a mist spray?

When you use a neti pot, you pour it in one nostril and let it run out of the other, then reverse the process. Obviously you have to tilt your head to one side to achieve this. If you have a syringe you can probably do the same.

Just experiment and see what suits. You can't do any harm I'm sure.

Good luck.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:36 PM, Moonlover said:

When you use a neti pot, you pour it in one nostril and let it run out of the other, then reverse the process. Obviously you have to tilt your head to one side to achieve this. If you have a syringe you can probably do the same.

Just experiment and see what suits. You can't do any harm I'm sure.

Good luck.

Finding the flushing helping immensely. I know many people here have sinus problems they never experienced back home. I suspect from being in air conditioning continually, it creates a very dry atmosphere. The tilting the head on the side works well too.

Just to be clear are we trying to simply get some moisture into the nasal cavities ie a soft squirt or should I be giving a good blast?

3 hours ago, Kenny202 said:

Finding the flushing helping immensely. I know many people here have sinus problems they never experienced back home. I suspect from being in air conditioning continually, it creates a very dry atmosphere. The tilting the head on the side works well too.

Just to be clear are we trying to simply get some moisture into the nasal cavities ie a soft squirt or should I be giving a good blast?

Very glad to here that it's working for you. Yes I agree about your comment regarding sinus problems. I notice it mostly in the morning after sleeping in A/C. That's why I carry out the cleansing in the morning.

When using a neti, which I do recommend, by the way, you simply pour in one side and let it flow out the other, then reverse the process. There's no forcing involved.

Another trick I use is to apply Vicks VapRub before bed. That helps to keep the passages clear.

Hope it continues to work well for you.

When I was spending more time in the air than on the ground as an air courier, I developed nasty sinus issues from the super dry air inside aircraft.  An FA recommended a saline spray brand called "AYR".  I bought some, used it regularly, and my sinus issues went away.  If not sold in Thailand, maybe somebody coming from the US can bring you a large bottle.

On 10/22/2019 at 9:22 PM, Moonlover said:

Give it a try.

I also use an alternative therapy but I am not allowed to mention it here.
I also use it for eye problems and treating skin and infections in general.

12 minutes ago, Speedo1968 said:

I also use an alternative therapy but I am not allowed to mention it here.
I also use it for eye problems and treating skin and infections in general.

Seems to me that there's little point in mentioning it you're, er, not allowed to mention it. ????

But I'm curious. I'm always interested in alternative therapies. Would you care to PM me about it?

Archived