Dunlop or Michelin

StevieAus

12 hours ago, alacrity said:

ment

No such things as bad beer. Yet some beers are far better than others. Same with tires. Many exceed the minimum requirement.

Like any marque, it's a personal choice. Personally I'd go for Dunlop and then, anything rather than Bridgestone.

Having said that. At the moment we have 3 sedans fitted with Michelin variants and they're o.k. Will not replace with Michelins though.

Well what tires did you end up with Steve? Don’t keep us all in suspense!

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/23/2019 at 8:23 AM, JAS21 said:

Well what tires did you end up with Steve? Don’t keep us all in suspense!

If it’s me your asking the question of and I know the post I started is quite old the answer is Dunlop and so far very satisfied 

Will wait forThe wet season  and see what happens 

Nowadays, they're both made in France. Personally I'd choose Dunlop.

Never experienced Michelin tires until I came to Thailand. Found the compound to be; hard, noisy and less grippy on bends.

Pirelli out-perform Michelin all day. 

Still choose Dunlop though.

16 hours ago, alacrity said:

Nowadays, they're both made in France. Personally I'd choose Dunlop.

Never experienced Michelin tires until I came to Thailand. Found the compound to be; hard, noisy and less grippy on bends.

Pirelli out-perform Michelin all day. 

Still choose Dunlop though.

Dunlop and Michelin have factories in Thailand...

I'm looking around a bit for tyres, though not necessary yet. Ford Everest 3.2L Titanium+. Bought 2 weeks ago and had new tyres fitted by the shop I got it.

But reading this thread, I'm surprised I see no mention of BF Goodrich?

Their A/T tyres get very high review scores.. Anybody any experience with them?

2 hours ago, Schuimpge said:

I'm looking around a bit for tyres, though not necessary yet. Ford Everest 3.2L Titanium+. Bought 2 weeks ago and had new tyres fitted by the shop I got it.

But reading this thread, I'm surprised I see no mention of BF Goodrich?

Their A/T tyres get very high review scores.. Anybody any experience with them?

I started this thread as I have the same vehicle it is about 3 years old and came fitted with Goodyear from new

I have replaced with Dunlop a few weeks ago 

There were no problems with the Goodyear and so far the same with the Dunlop

20 hours ago, StevieAus said:

I started this thread as I have the same vehicle it is about 3 years old and came fitted with Goodyear from new

I have replaced with Dunlop a few weeks ago 

There were no problems with the Goodyear and so far the same with the Dunlop

I bought it 3 weeks ago. Upgraded from a 2013 2.5L Everest. 

That was a very good car by itself, but I just wanted to get more goodies in the car. From the first drive onwards, I have this big grin on my face every time I drive off to work. Amazing car, great engine and just about everything you need for very comfortable driving.

Will be changing some things over the next few months:

- Upgrade console screen to Sync 3

- Get the AWD axle checked and re-lubricated

- Get it skinned

- Change tyres to BF Goodrich A/T's 

- Get new rims to increase the width a bit.

- Add Fender protectors (that's why the rims will be changed, so wheels are just inside the fender protection)

Plenty of things to have fun with..

Cheers,
Luc

I had new Michelin tyres put on the pick up in Oct 2016, 3 years ago but the heat,  the weigh Of loads in The back and a lot of high speed runs put an end to them with linear cracks in the grooves on the tread.  They still had more than half tread.  Why waste 20k plus on tyres that you will be replacing in 5 years or less?  I now roll on Deestone rubber which cost me 10k baht. The pick up still drives the same

16 minutes ago, Grumpy John said:

I had new Michelin tyres put on the pick up in Oct 2016, 3 years ago but the heat,  the weigh Of loads in The back and a lot of high speed runs put an end to them with linear cracks in the grooves on the tread.  They still had more than half tread.  Why waste 20k plus on tyres that you will be replacing in 5 years or less?  I now roll on Deestone rubber which cost me 10k baht. The pick up still drives the same

No argument on that John, there's certainly something to say for cost savings based on actual usage.

How many Km's you put on average p/year?

For me it's about 20k p/year. Not that much, but it puts me in a spot where more expensive tyres might pay off. 

Archived