BANGKOK
StevieAus

Dunlop or Michelin

5 minutes ago, eezergood said:

False economy if you are changing them more often?

Not from what I have read from companies that use em.

• Like 1

I have a Mitsu and I prefer Dunlop tires. Please check when they're produced. too many shops have tires on stock for years before a customer shows up.

Two, or three year old tires are already worn out without you knowing it.

You can check when they were manufactured on the side wall. 

5 hours ago, DavisH said:

How do you find the noise level with those? A friend of a family member got a new crv 2.5 with the goodyear efficiency grip (I believe the same as yours). The complained about the road noise with them. How were yours?

There's always a tradeoff between sportiness and comfort. Thre michelin ps4 scores highly across all categories, but I find them a little noisier then the original bridgesones (mind you, the suzuki is not well insulated from noise, unlike an everest. 

Don’t seem to have been a problem I get more noise from the roof rack

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, transam said:

If a tyre has the encircled "E" on the sidewall, it has passed European safety standards, regardless of price...

Thanks for that something I have learned today will check the existing and proposed new ones

18 hours ago, Kwasaki said:

Not from what I have read from companies that use em.

Great - I will take a look for my next set thanks 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, StevieAus said:

Thanks for that something I have learned today will check the existing and proposed new ones

I have the same car as you, I replaced mine with Yoko Prada. Obviously no noise as it has noise canceling.

I think all tyres now have the E in a circle.

Edited by JAS21

Don't have a Ford Everest but I put some Michelin tires on my car and they've been fantastic. I bought them at 4wheelonline. Grip and cornering of these tires are impressive.

3 minutes ago, dreytom said:

Don't have a Ford Everest but I put some Michelin tires on my car and they've been fantastic. I bought them at 4wheelonline. Grip and cornering of these tires are impressive.

Michelin and others, produce many types of tyre. Your ride and "type" of tyre has worked good for you..

8 hours ago, gamesgplayemail said:

driving a 50hp car and wondering what tires are the best 555

Weeeell, back in 1967, I stuck a Mini Cooper S into a lamp post, it was down to the tyres..😁

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, cornishcarlos said:

I'm calling BS on that

Mini Cooper S didn't have tyres, they ran on rails...

Must have been driver error 🤣😜

😂.......You are right, but, if they let go there is no turning back, as I found out....🥵...........🤣

• Haha 1

ment

On 10/23/2019 at 12:33 PM, transam said:

If a tyre has the encircled "E" on the sidewall, it has passed European safety standards, regardless of price...

No such things as bad beer. Yet some beers are far better than others. Same with tires. Many exceed the minimum requirement.

Like any marque, it's a personal choice. Personally I'd go for Dunlop and then, anything rather than Bridgestone.

Having said that. At the moment we have 3 sedans fitted with Michelin variants and they're o.k. Will not replace with Michelins though.