Government Water - How Much To Connect?

UKJASE

Any idea from Pranburi Water Board how much we are likely to pay?  I will of course send the wife to do negotiations, but any ideas on charges for approximately 200 metres from the nearest government pipe, to our front gate?

The neighbour just said he spent 150k for a 170 metre run.  sounds pricey to me.

Is there a flat charge, plus price per metre on top?

28 minutes ago, sometimewoodworker said:

You put the supply pipe to your house in then get them to connect you to the main supply. 

someone bought a very nice motorcycle or two with the profit from the neighbours job.

the thing is - we would either have to cross private land with the supply pipe, or put it around the perimeter fence, next to the public road.

digging up public land is illegal i would guess, even just for a small pipe.

private land would not be ideal, as there would be no guarantees for the future, in case of any disputes etc

or am i missing something?

2 hours ago, UKJASE said:

digging up public land is illegal i would guess, even just for a small pipe.

If you aren’t digging up the public road (although we did) I doubt that any one is going to be bothered  as long as you don’t break anything. Probably talk to the local Or Bor Tor I think they are the ones responsible.

A diagram or picture of the intended route would help.

10 hours ago, UKJASE said:

Any idea from Pranburi Water Board how much we are likely to pay?  I will of course send the wife to do negotiations, but any ideas on charges for approximately 200 metres from the nearest government pipe, to our front gate?

The neighbour just said he spent 150k for a 170 metre run.  sounds pricey to me.

Is there a flat charge, plus price per metre on top?

Someone is having you on here. Last year we spent B380,000 getting PEA to install 3-phase electric supply run about 300m. That included posts, wire, transformer, the lot. They upgraded 7km of power lines from the next village FOC.

B150,000 for installing a 1/2" pipe 200m to the front of your house is a little excessive. A mini-digger and driver is only around B4,000/day and, without knowing the topography the trench should only take a day or so to install. Cost of pipe and meter is peanuts.

For B60-70,000 you could have your own borehole. Again, we installed one last year 80m depth, excluding the cost of the Franklin submersible pump (which we already had).

Tell them where to go.

3 hours ago, grollies said:

For B60-70,000 you could have your own borehole. Again, we installed one last year 80m depth, excluding the cost of the Franklin submersible pump (which we already had).

Can be much less.

80m is a lot but you would have to check with a local expert.

For us about 30m was enough and cost less than 30000.

2 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

Can be much less.

80m is a lot but you would have to check with a local expert.

For us about 30m was enough and cost less than 30000.

Yeah, you are right of course. The 80m borehole is 6". Our smaller borehole 18m is 3" and cost B40K including a surface pump.

18 hours ago, UKJASE said:

Any idea from Pranburi Water Board how much we are likely to pay?

What we did in our province is got them to come and look and price up supplying, can't remember cost but remember it was more than I thought it would be.

Archived