came to thailand today and they were shocked at the immigration border suvarnaburi

50 yo

seems to me only me had a big talk for like 5 minutes....

and she said it will be hard to extend 2 months....only if i go out with a plane to another country...and come back.....

i am worried about that..i dont want to fly somewhere and pay so much money....i used to just go with a bus to cambodia and eveyrthing was ok

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, josephbloggs said:

Ok, so tell me a non dinosaur country that allows people to wander around freely as a tourist for 1, 2, 10 years?  Especially with no proof of income, no questions asked as you appear to think should be normal.

I never said they could!

• Confused 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

I never said they could!

"It's dinosaur thinking from a dinosaur run country" would imply that more forward thinking countries operate differently.

Instead you could have just said "this is normal, everywhere".

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Tropicalevo said:

What a dumb statement. Not everyone that comes here has your moral standards.

I have lived here for 20 years and married to a Birmingham girl for 30. Good luck on sha**ing her. She died three years ago.

Why are you taking the statement personally?

1 hour ago, Sticky Wicket said:

But it doesn't! Show me the legal documentation that defines a tourist and how long they are allowed to stay for.

It's just arbitrary xenophobia.

Everything is opaque here to allow maximization of scams and corruption.

There is NO semblance of a welfare state here, so even the much maligned over stayer still has to fend for himself.  

unfortunately its the ones that come here as tourists then start working or continue to stay illegally that screw it up for everyone else, its always the few that <deleted> it for the many. Saying this every country in the world has similar laws about "tourists" that do this type of thing, try getting asian or african people into Australia on a tourist visa, very difficult and the amount of hoops you have to jump through makes it more so. A country has the right to stop those suspected of being other than what they claim although Thailand has gone overboard in recent years in some respects but they are within their rights to do so as there are thousands that have crewed the system in the past and still are. Reading all your rants you appear to be simply trying to stir the pot with garbage replies, you are looking more like a troll 

Edited by seajae
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, seajae said:

unfortunately its the ones that come here as tourists then start working or continue to stay illegally that screw it up for everyone else, its always the few that <deleted> it for the many. Saying this every country in the world has similar laws about "tourists" that do this type of thing, try getting asian or african people into Australia on a tourist visa, very difficult and the amount of hoops you have to jump through makes it more so. A country has the right to stop those suspected of being other than what they claim although Thailand has gone overboard in recent years in some respects but they are within their rights to do so as there are thousands that have crewed the system in the past and still are

Yeh I can agree with most of that.

I suppose my main gripe is that anybody under 50 only has the Elite option and it's a complete waste of money

The fact that working digitally from Thailand is illegal is also archaic in the 21st century.

• Like 2