BANGKOK
webfact

TG president warns airline on brink of collapse, staff must work harder

3 hours ago, Just Weird said:

"The Saudi's realised this and got Tim Clark to turn the airline around..."

What have "The Saudis" got to do with THAI, Emirates and Tim Clark?  Emirates is the UAE airline and Clark has no connection to Saudia.

If you had read the thread rather than being a smart-ass you would of seen I had already corrected myself.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Chelseafan said:

If you had read the thread rather than being a smart-ass you would of seen I had already corrected myself.

You tell him lad

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Methinks you were very very lucky

I've been doing it for years on Thai to Australian airports and before that to Auckland via Melbourne. Now they do Auckland non-stop on their Dreamliners for around US$900.

I am sooooooo very, very, VERY lucky.

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

I read the threads and comment when I want to, I don't review 15 pages and then go back through it all to decide which posts to respond to, nothing to do with being a "smart ass", I was asking a perfectly legitimate question.

How come Moonlover was not accused of being a "smart ass" when he made exactly the same point but I was?  Some prejudice there?

If you "would of" [sic] thought about your comment before you posted it you "wouldn't of" had to correct yourself and then try to have a dig at me, would you (of)?

Edited by Just Weird

10 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Flying in to Thailand too risky now. Better to fly to KL with Malaysia airlines and cross border. Avoid being incarcerated in cockroach smelly urine cells for your denial of entry and deportation for being accused of working in Thailand or having insufficient means. Welcome to land of smile, block heads. 

"Flying in to Thailand too risky now".

Have you got personal experience of that or are you just spreading an urban myth?  Millions of visitors fly in to Thailand every year with no problems whatsoever, a small handful have problems and have no one to blame but themselves.

"Welcome to land of smile, block heads".

Who are you calling "block heads"?  Visitors, Thaivisa members...who? 

Edited by Just Weird

8 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Just make sure that you have insurance, as you will get nothing from Thai Air in the event.

Given that the CEO has raised the possibility of them going bust, I suspect insurance may be hard to get!

"...unless all staff members unite to work harder."

Yep, that sh*t ain't gonna roll up hill now, is it...

• Like 1

Ground TG. No one needs this airline but the junta members that can fly FoC.

• Like 1

Not the people. The culture. 

Well the people will suffer, the culture will not.

17 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'm surprised the president would make such a statement.

Who's going to book their flight with Thai now that they may go under at any time.

Very contradictory and at the same time saying that the employees must work harder and save the airline. Without customers who have read the statement above and who may think that a cost-cutting airline company is an insecure company, hard work will help very little.

14 hours ago, kevvy said:

Year 2013, Qantas plans to cut at least 1,000 jobs over the next year after reporting an expected pre-tax loss of up to $300 million in the first half of this financial year.

Mr Joyce says the cuts will include 300 jobs already being axed at its heavy maintenance facility near Geelong in Victoria.

Qantas has flagged a pre-tax loss of between $245 million and $300 million in the six months to December 31, 2013

It also expects to cut the salaries of Mr Joyce and the company's board.

It will impose a pay freeze and ban bonuses for all other executives.

Mr Joyce says the airline will do "what ever we need to do to secure the Qantas Group's future......

Go forward 6 years 2019..

The Qantas Group has achieved an Underlying Profit Before Tax of $1.30 billion and a Statutory Profit Before tax of $1.27 billion for the Financial Year 2019.

$1,250 staff travel bonus for 25,000 non-executive employees, worth $32 million

It comes down to good management.. 

I read a statement somewhere that said Thai Air have 40% less planes than Singapore Air but 40% more staff. Now don't quote me on the figures or exact airline used in the comparison but it showed how inefficient TG are.

• Like 1

Many airlines cheaper, my friend got a ticket for the 29th Lhr Philippines Thailand 580£.that is a good price coming up to the high season. He looks for value in his ticket prices too

19 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'm surprised the president would make such a statement.

Who's going to book their flight with Thai now that they may go under at any time.

It's like a lesson in how not to do business. Thai is far better than BA from London but prices seem to have gone up.

This is a real lesson in staff motivation.