BANGKOK
webfact

TG president warns airline on brink of collapse, staff must work harder

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:40 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

This may or may not be true, but...

I stopped flying with Thai Airways a long time ago because of over-priced tickets and lousy service.

Arrogance and ignorance, a lousy frequent Flyer program, premium seats for "kreng jai" friends and cronies, no flexibility and expensive seats for paying passengers - a downfall well deserved. Pride comes always before fall.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 1:36 PM, smedly said:

put someone in charge that can do the job - preferably not Thai

sack all senior executives and replace them with competent people that can do the job, would only need 1/3 of what they have - preferably not Thai

investigate everyone sacked for unusual wealth and jail them

It works for Cathay Pacific...

Overseas appointment of CEO.

They have been successful for years. 

• Like 2

The fish always starts to rot and stink from the head downwards.

Actually, that’s not true, and if it were, would it not be from the head back?

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cadbury said:

Interesting you should say that.

Malaysian Airlines are having similar economic problems to Thai Airways and only yesterday it was news they had shortlisted 4 potential partners for a strategic partnership with MAS. 

Perhaps Thai should look at doing the same but I suspect there are too many corrupt and unproductive skeletons in the Thai Airways cupboard for any potential partner to be interested. Or there even could be a serious risk for Thai Airways to have them exposed.

Better perhaps for their sake to let them die a silent death. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-shortlists-4-potential-strategic-partners-for-flag-carrier-malaysia-airlines

MAS has been in financial trouble for many years, their flight schedules are continuously being "revamped" hard to keep up with them.

Wonder how much previous PM ripped out of them along the way.

• Like 1

Surely the president of the Board needs to be removed for damaging Thailand's reputation, he has basically sounded the death knell for TG.

No responsible Board member anywhere else in the world would make such a pronouncement, and still be in the office the next day.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:29 AM, kevvy said:

It comes down to good management.. 

...that, and charging a tad under 500 bucks for a one-way from Broome to Perth on a narrow-body jet.

Edited by NanLaew

23 minutes ago, RJRS1301 said:

Surely the president of the Board needs to be removed for damaging Thailand's reputation, he has basically sounded the death knell for TG.

No responsible Board member anywhere else in the world would make such a pronouncement, and still be in the office the next day.

The previous half-dozen or so president's never, ever told it like it is and you can see where that got them, can't you?

On 10/23/2019 at 9:36 AM, smedly said:

put someone in charge that can do the job - preferably not Thai

sack all senior executives and replace them with competent people that can do the job, would only need 1/3 of what they have - preferably not Thai

investigate everyone sacked for unusual wealth and jail them

Still posting nonsensical hypothetical I see.

Farang loo mahk... it's not for the local airline industry.

Or banking or construction or engineering or chemicals or agriculture or oil and gas...

1 minute ago, NanLaew said:

The previous half-dozen or so president's never, ever told it like it is and you can see where that got them, can't you?

Perhaps instead of pontificating he should, look at the qualifications of the himself and the Board to run the airline review the executive managers roles and look at a group who are competent and have qualification pertaining to their roles.

OOPs have removed my rose coloured glasses 

• Thanks 1

As usual, blame someone else - it couldn't be poor management, corruption, or anything else other than the slack staff causing all the problems.

Bloody workers, screwing up my meal ticket - they all need firing. 

12 hours ago, Davo369 said:

In may 2019 i flew with thai airways business class the stewardess said you've had to much to drink I said I'm nervous flyer, drink calms me nerves, i only had 3 vodka and oranges. 12 hour flight that was <deleted> joke. 😅

Fly Aeroflot if getting rat arsed is what's needed.

or Nordwind

• Haha 1

Just hang in there until end of November. Got a flight booked. After that, toodeloo.

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, NanLaew said:

Now they do Auckland non-stop on their Dreamliners for around US$900.

Two in business, 145k baht is what I paid. SG airlines business BKK-SYD, 85k baht. TG is overpriced by a lot, but it is direct. Biz class seemed booked on most days, just a seat or two available. No idea how many of those are for good old boys club. 

This story is false news!!!!!! Thai Airways President has just announced that the airline is not about to go under. It is all a misunderstanding and he has just told Deputy PM Somkid as much. Seems the President has received a KITA from above.

It appears news reports were "misrepresented". He was only trying to reinforce with his executives of the level of competition from low cost carriers in the airline industry. Just an exercise in "motivation" he explained. Nothing to worry about at all.

https://thethaiger.com/hot-news/economy/thai-airways-not-at-risk-of-shutting-down-president