TG president warns airline on brink of collapse, staff must work harder

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/23/2019 at 10:42 AM, ChrisY1 said:

An real insight into this persons intelligence if ever there was one....blaming the staff and not recommending management faults is so typical of government officials...

The guys is totally unsuitable to manage this airline

Good point, however for many years I worked for a consulting company and we had many contracts with Thai inter.

I couldn't count the number of times all levels of staff failed to produce agreed, often not difficult work required under the consulting contract, and very often with very childish excuses.

Typical, a pleasant check that Khun xxx would have some data or whatever ready late this afternoon because it would be needed for an early meeting tomorrow morning. All agreed the data would be finished this afternoon.

Tomorrow morning Khun xxx has not arrived at work, nobody knows where the data / documents are, cannot call her, that would be very rude. 

Then one of her colleagues would speak up making it plain this was all unfair to Khun xxx, because she likes to take her kids to breakfast before she takes them to school then she goes to the market, then comes to work.

And no point raising the issue with a senior manager because the senior managers were quite afraid to take any action or to even say anything about such cases, or the senior managers strongly agreed that it was very unfair to put any employee under any pressure to perform their agreed duties. 

2 hours ago, dallen52 said:

Just on a TG flight to bkk and the plane is half full.

Someone asked to move seats.

Response is. 

Can do $70 US...

Pay on the plane. 

Deteriorating faster than a thai prawn on a hot day...

They just asked to change to another seat somewhere on the aircraft equal to what they had booked and were asked for $70?   Or they asked to change to a more premium seat than what they had paid for and were told that is $70?  (Exit row perhaps).

Please answer honestly because if it was the first answer I simply do not believe you.  If it was the second then it was perfectly normal and would be the same on any airline.

I await your response.

On 10/27/2019 at 10:53 PM, josephbloggs said:

They just asked to change to another seat somewhere on the aircraft equal to what they had booked and were asked for $70?   Or they asked to change to a more premium seat than what they had paid for and were told that is $70?  (Exit row perhaps).

Please answer honestly because if it was the first answer I simply do not believe you.  If it was the second then it was perfectly normal and would be the same on any airline.

I await your response.

Flight TG 462. 0030am.

Was about 2/3rds full

Nobody in the exit rows.

Nobody in the central bulkhead seats.

A350/900 configuration. 

I was 50D. Y class ticket. 

Service was par normal for Thai these days.

Food just about warm. 

One drink offered on a 9 hour flight. 

Currently advertising as the world's best economy airline...

The lady behind me asked to move to the 49 row, ABC which were empty. 

The steward told her she could move but would incur the $70 US fee.

This was before take off..

She also had a Y class ticket. 

We were joking about it after. 

Oddly, after taking off one steward said that people are free to move around the plane, except for the blocked off seats.

It's a new one on me.

So maybe it's a pre take off thing?

But I have flown Thai many years and had several bump ups, exit rows and SFU,s because of previous business travel. 

At no mention of payment. 

I understand that you can request a bump up to the next level seating if available, depending upon your ticket type. 

Example. 

If you are a Y full economy, you can request a premium economy seat if available. 

(One of the unpublished perks)

Conclusion of the flight. 

Average. 

Didn't find the live tv they advertised. 

Movies were all old.

Many people complained about the meals and left them

Crew were mixed, but definitely ghosts on the night flight. 

Its only the direct link and time that makes me use them..

Hard to see but exit and bulkhead seats are blocked off.

received_516578812232371.jpeg

On 10/22/2019 at 10:22 PM, Chelseafan said:

They need outside help. The Saudi's realised this and got Tim Clark to turn the airline around but typical loss of face means they would rather go under than ask for outside expert help.

Post-Michael Wansley, would any reputable CEO capable of managing a large international airline, want to take on a Thai state enterprise? ????

Archived