TG president warns airline on brink of collapse, staff must work harder

webfact

4 hours ago, BestB said:

wait, let me get this right. Staff must work harder to avoid airline collapsing? Not the management should work harder? not the management should take pay cuts, but the staff should work harder????

I think he is trying to say staff need to improve on the lousy service they provide on the high cost airline

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Yadon Toploy said:

No foreigners to point the finger at and blame here, but note they still try to blame Brexit etc. Ha!

Soon they'll make us leave the country every month instead of 3 months and force us to fly Thai air for that or the visa will be invalid.

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Good point. A self-fulfilling prophecy.

Every time I look at the pricing of flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai, I wonder why Thai even bothers, as their fares are so uncompetitive on their home turf.

Yet my daughter has booked flight LHR-BKK for January for less than 400GBP, I was quite surprised they were the best priced direct flight. Hope they don't crash as I paid.

5 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

I think he is trying to say staff need to improve on the lousy service they provide on the high cost airline

Even assuming that is so, staff need customers to provide service to and staff can not bring customers

4 hours ago, BestB said:

wait, let me get this right. Staff must work harder to avoid airline collapsing? Not the management should work harder? not the management should take pay cuts, but the staff should work harder????

Yup, it's all their fault. Probably asking for too much pay as well. If they'd only agree to work twice as long for half the pay he'll be able to keep getting the big bucks, and livin' the life.

If THAI is in the poo, he need look no further than himself and the rest of the management.

5 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

This may or may not be true, but...

I stopped flying with Thai Airways a long time ago because of over-priced tickets and lousy service.

Absolutely, Samui Bodoh - they take more care of non-paying or heavily discounted ticket passengers. OK, a flight back to the UK with Emirates takes a little longer but the journey is FAR superior to anything THAI can deliver at a much lower cost. 

Old management treated to s life time of free first class might be a good starting point to cut costs. An over bloated work force. Management that are only Thai regardless of poor they are at actually running an airline. Buying planes from numerous companies there inflating the cost of maintenance. Ohh the list goes on. 

2 hours ago, steven100 said:

hope they go under ….. management and their HiSo execs can all lose face.

he should have said ' staff need to work harder at looking for a new job ' 

I hope they don't. There are thousands of hard-working cabin crew and ground staff that would lose their jobs.

Just now, Chelseafan said:

I hope they don't. There are thousands of hard-working cabin crew and ground staff that would lose their jobs.

Wife's brother is one of many at Swampy, some kind of baggage/ground handling manager.  In his mid-50s, would be up a creek w/o a paddle if he lost his job.

3 hours ago, Fex Bluse said:

Many of us pray for the collapse. 

Flying in to Thailand too risky now. Better to fly to KL with Malaysia airlines and cross border. Avoid being incarcerated in cockroach smelly urine cells for your denial of entry and deportation for being accused of working in Thailand or having insufficient means. Welcome to land of smile, block heads. 

Unfortunately they have to get rid of this Thai Attitude and become more customer service orientated, get back to Basics, i spent 21 years in Senior management working for an Airline in Australia and i predicted 2 years ago they will be out of business by 2020 because of there lousy service and Bad Attitude to Customers and sub standard food.

The company needs new Blood & Foreign In Put.

In flight Quality Control where Assessors can go on any flight and do a full assessment on all staff ,Aircraft cleanliness , Food,Service ect.

Nothing in this world get done from sitting behind a desk you have to realize your Staff are your greatest asset which can make or break your company.

53 minutes ago, Thian said:

Soon they'll make us leave the country every month instead of 3 months and force us to fly Thai air for that or the visa will be invalid.

A post too preposterous not to contain a degree of truth to it...

I stopped flying with Thai Airways a long time ago because of over-priced tickets and lousy service.

Just the simple fact you  have 44  likes  should  tell Thai one of their many problems is blatantly  obvious.

1 hour ago, scorecard said:

And the hundreds of 'entitled' leeches who get free first, business and economy tickets for self and for all of family. In past years Thai has published the annual value of these tickets, always in the hundreds of millions of Baht.

but Not (publish that)any more?   

...Note, I didn't say Not continue giving their livelihood/profits away to the parasites

5 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Good point. A self-fulfilling prophecy.

Every time I look at the pricing of flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai, I wonder why Thai even bothers, as their fares are so uncompetitive on their home turf.

Compared with what other carriers?

Killing the goose that laid Golden eggs. 

Work harder is a load of cobblers.

Look at the cost structure and see where the waste is.

Direct and indirect costs.

Top management salaries and perks.

All airlines pay similar ground costs.

Same fuel costs. 

Almost similar salaries. 

Blind Freddy could soon see during an audit where the money is being lost.

FB_IMG_1534861717846.jpg

1 hour ago, gwynt said:

Yet my daughter has booked flight LHR-BKK for January for less than 400GBP, I was quite surprised they were the best priced direct flight. Hope they don't crash as I paid.

In my experience they seem to be fairly competitive in economy at various times of the year however like most airlines a lot of their profits come from the Biz and First customers and more often than not they are far more expensive than their rivals.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

staff must work harder

put someone in charge that can do the job - preferably not Thai

sack all senior executives and replace them with competent people that can do the job, would only need 1/3 of what they have - preferably not Thai

investigate everyone sacked for unusual wealth and jail them

2 minutes ago, dallen52 said:

Killing the goose that laid Golden eggs. 

Work harder is a load of cobblers.

Look at the cost structure and see where the waste is.

Direct and indirect costs.

Top management salaries and perks.

All airlines pay similar ground costs.

Same fuel costs. 

Almost similar salaries. 

Blind Freddy could soon see during an audit where the money is being lost.

FB_IMG_1534861717846.jpg

Oh! My! Who is flying the plane then.....????????????

27 minutes ago, Chazar said:
6 hours ago, Samui Bodoh said:

Just the simple fact you  have 44  likes  should  tell Thai one of their many problems is blatantly  obvious.

I fly THAI and Thai Smile exclusively because they serve the international and domestic airports I use the most. I have never had an issue with their prices but my travel is typically at short notice. If a ticket bought 8 weeks before travel being the same price as one bought the day of travel is unacceptable to you, then by all means book well ahead, use the LCC's and the other airport.

...with stopovers and plane changes (and collection and re-checking of your bags)

4 hours ago, Sandy Freckle said:

I'm not sure if it's got anything to do with the substance of that original news article but on a personal level...., I've taken to flying into Singapore and taking the train up the peninsular..., stopping off at specific places of interest(to me) on the journey northwards, through Bangkok and then on to Chiang Mai and/or Nong Khai....., and various side trips are very easily done. Back in the day, the main determinants in my choosing to fly Thai International was that I could fly directly from my capital city, flying time was around my tolerance limits..., flights were cheaper and the service seemed better(staff happier/less stressed)..., also, I think frequent flyer points were more generous back then. But, Thai flights slowly, incrementally changed  some few years ago when 'trailer park' families, groups and couples started bypassing Bali and flying TG from Perth, directly into 'Bangers' to get their third world jollies. TG flights became chockers with them. I ended up using up all my ff points..., swearing off Thai and looking for alternatives.., so glad I did.   
Mini rant over.....,

Flying from Perth to BKK in January booking with AM Travel is $639 return. It has never been so cheap !  Arrive BKK at 3,30 and get flight to Chiang Mai at 5,20 for about $100. Cant complain about that. Done it lots of times. This is one of the few good examples, but it suits us

Archived