TG president warns airline on brink of collapse, staff must work harder

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This may or may not be true, but...   I stopped flying with Thai Airways a long time ago because of over-priced tickets and lousy service.    

wait, let me get this right. Staff must work harder to avoid airline collapsing? Not the management should work harder? not the management should take pay cuts, but the staff should work harder😂

I'm surprised the president would make such a statement.   Who's going to book their flight with Thai now that they may go under at any time.    

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Lacessit said:

Good point. A self-fulfilling prophecy.

Every time I look at the pricing of flights between Bangkok and Chiang Mai, I wonder why Thai even bothers, as their fares are so uncompetitive on their home turf.

Yet my daughter has booked flight LHR-BKK for January for less than 400GBP, I was quite surprised they were the best priced direct flight. Hope they don't crash as I paid.

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Hoppyone said:

I think he is trying to say staff need to improve on the lousy service they provide on the high cost airline

Even assuming that is so, staff need customers to provide service to and staff can not bring customers

4 hours ago, BestB said:

wait, let me get this right. Staff must work harder to avoid airline collapsing? Not the management should work harder? not the management should take pay cuts, but the staff should work harder😂

Yup, it's all their fault. Probably asking for too much pay as well. If they'd only agree to work twice as long for half the pay he'll be able to keep getting the big bucks, and livin' the life.

If THAI is in the poo, he need look no further than himself and the rest of the management.

1 hour ago, Jimbo53 said:

I booked a TG LHR-BKK Return yesterday... with seat selection both ways...£504.

That's a good price. What dates is that for?

Old management treated to s life time of free first class might be a good starting point to cut costs. An over bloated work force. Management that are only Thai regardless of poor they are at actually running an airline. Buying planes from numerous companies there inflating the cost of maintenance. Ohh the list goes on. 

• Like 2
Just now, Chelseafan said:

I hope they don't. There are thousands of hard-working cabin crew and ground staff that would lose their jobs.

Wife's brother is one of many at Swampy, some kind of baggage/ground handling manager.  In his mid-50s, would be up a creek w/o a paddle if he lost his job.