TG president warns airline on brink of collapse, staff must work harder

webfact

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, RJRS1301 said:

Methinks you were very very lucky

I've been doing it for years on Thai to Australian airports and before that to Auckland via Melbourne. Now they do Auckland non-stop on their Dreamliners for around US$900.

I am sooooooo very, very, VERY lucky.

1 hour ago, Chelseafan said:

If you had read the thread rather than being a smart-ass you would of seen I had already corrected myself.

I read the threads and comment when I want to, I don't review 15 pages and then go back through it all to decide which posts to respond to, nothing to do with being a "smart ass", I was asking a perfectly legitimate question.

How come Moonlover was not accused of being a "smart ass" when he made exactly the same point but I was?  Some prejudice there?

If you "would of" [sic] thought about your comment before you posted it you "wouldn't of" had to correct yourself and then try to have a dig at me, would you (of)?

10 hours ago, Langkawee said:

Flying in to Thailand too risky now. Better to fly to KL with Malaysia airlines and cross border. Avoid being incarcerated in cockroach smelly urine cells for your denial of entry and deportation for being accused of working in Thailand or having insufficient means. Welcome to land of smile, block heads. 

"Flying in to Thailand too risky now".

Have you got personal experience of that or are you just spreading an urban myth?  Millions of visitors fly in to Thailand every year with no problems whatsoever, a small handful have problems and have no one to blame but themselves.

"Welcome to land of smile, block heads".

Who are you calling "block heads"?  Visitors, Thaivisa members...who? 

8 hours ago, Huckenfell said:

Just make sure that you have insurance, as you will get nothing from Thai Air in the event.

Given that the CEO has raised the possibility of them going bust, I suspect insurance may be hard to get!

17 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'm surprised the president would make such a statement.

Who's going to book their flight with Thai now that they may go under at any time.

Very contradictory and at the same time saying that the employees must work harder and save the airline. Without customers who have read the statement above and who may think that a cost-cutting airline company is an insecure company, hard work will help very little.

14 hours ago, kevvy said:

Year 2013, Qantas plans to cut at least 1,000 jobs over the next year after reporting an expected pre-tax loss of up to $300 million in the first half of this financial year.

Mr Joyce says the cuts will include 300 jobs already being axed at its heavy maintenance facility near Geelong in Victoria.

Qantas has flagged a pre-tax loss of between $245 million and $300 million in the six months to December 31, 2013

It also expects to cut the salaries of Mr Joyce and the company's board.

It will impose a pay freeze and ban bonuses for all other executives.

Mr Joyce says the airline will do "what ever we need to do to secure the Qantas Group's future......

Go forward 6 years 2019..

The Qantas Group has achieved an Underlying Profit Before Tax of $1.30 billion and a Statutory Profit Before tax of $1.27 billion for the Financial Year 2019.

$1,250 staff travel bonus for 25,000 non-executive employees, worth $32 million

It comes down to good management.. 

I read a statement somewhere that said Thai Air have 40% less planes than Singapore Air but 40% more staff. Now don't quote me on the figures or exact airline used in the comparison but it showed how inefficient TG are.

19 hours ago, Chelseafan said:

I'm surprised the president would make such a statement.

Who's going to book their flight with Thai now that they may go under at any time.

It's like a lesson in how not to do business. Thai is far better than BA from London but prices seem to have gone up.

This is a real lesson in staff motivation.

In may 2019 i flew with thai airways business class the stewardess said you've had to much to drink I said I'm nervous flyer, drink calms me nerves, i only had 3 vodka and oranges. 12 hour flight that was <deleted> joke. ????

11 hours ago, Davo369 said:

In may 2019 i flew with thai airways business class the stewardess said you've had to much to drink I said I'm nervous flyer, drink calms me nerves, i only had 3 vodka and oranges. 12 hour flight that was <deleted> joke. ????

It was the oranges, having to peel and juice them for you.

Dude's statement is a great example of why the airline is doing so poorly.  Staff needs to work harder--that's the solution.  What rot.   Bankruptcy might be the best thing--clear out all the dead wood and brain-dead thinkers like this dude and start all over.  But, likely the government will do a bailout so the country does not lose face and it will keep limping along losing money year after year. 

21 hours ago, Garry said:

I made a similar statement in another thread about them getting in an executive with a proven track record like Tim Clark. Unfortunately they rather burn to the ground financially than do that.

Tim Clark couldn't save this airline.

You could be the best manager in the World but you can't change Thai culture.

5 hours ago, Redline said:

Sell it, and get on with it

Interesting you should say that.

Malaysian Airlines are having similar economic problems to Thai Airways and only yesterday it was news they had shortlisted 4 potential partners for a strategic partnership with MAS. 

Perhaps Thai should look at doing the same but I suspect there are too many corrupt and unproductive skeletons in the Thai Airways cupboard for any potential partner to be interested. Or there even could be a serious risk for Thai Airways to have them exposed.

Better perhaps for their sake to let them die a silent death. 

https://www.straitstimes.com/asia/se-asia/malaysia-shortlists-4-potential-strategic-partners-for-flag-carrier-malaysia-airlines

I took thai airways for the first time Brussels - phuket (in more then 10  year thailand) I was surprised  airplane full,  2 big airplanes bkk-hkt within 1 hour (??)  80 % full.  They fly faster, but I didn't feel better service then another company, food was soso staff not very friendly maybe too many and hierarchic structure, and transit in bkk was a disaster, nobody to guide you ,  while I was waiting I saw constantly lost people try to find their way. . Company need new modern management. 

9 hours ago, Davo369 said:

In may 2019 i flew with thai airways business class the stewardess said you've had to much to drink I said I'm nervous flyer, drink calms me nerves, i only had 3 vodka and oranges. 12 hour flight that was fxxxking joke. ????

Sorry, I simply don't believe that.  You had three vodka oranges and were perfectly behaved and they refused to serve you more. Totally unbelievable.  Definitely more to that story if it is true.

I fly Thai quite often, business and economy and have never come across anything like that - in fact they are very generous with the booze, even serving me a final drink - with a smile - when on final descent on my last flight (business to Jakarta).

I fly through Israel for work, ELAL 21,000Baht, Thai air do a codeshare TG 41,000Baht,  almost double the price on a codeshare.

The problem with Thaiair is the same with any Thai government enterprise, the board is loaded down with assorted generals, admirals and flunkeys. The required business smarts are not there and they probably bought their rank as well.  There are some very successful Thai companies in the private sector, so the talent may well be available locally, but not in the ranks of the military.

Cheers

On ‎10‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 3:40 AM, Samui Bodoh said:

This may or may not be true, but...

I stopped flying with Thai Airways a long time ago because of over-priced tickets and lousy service.

Arrogance and ignorance, a lousy frequent Flyer program, premium seats for "kreng jai" friends and cronies, no flexibility and expensive seats for paying passengers - a downfall well deserved. Pride comes always before fall.

Archived