BANGKOK
webfact

TG president warns airline on brink of collapse, staff must work harder

3 hours ago, Thian said:

The staff also get very good salaries....i know one of them..and my wife does her tax paperwork.

And unspoken perks like the tacit permission to smuggle goods into Thailand for illegal resale... 😉

I’ve been coming and going each year for 12 years now, I’m also married to a lovely Thai woman.

at the beginning I used bot BA AND Thai till I discovered EvaAir.

no comparison in terms of service and price. ( although Eva prices are catching up and occasionally BA is the same)

plus, Thai doesn’t have Premium Eco. Eva does.

also, how about lowering the the salaries the directors enjoy?

it would be a start....

For many countries, the national carrier is too important to allowed to go bankrupt. In most cases there would be a government bailout. I imagine Thai are banking  on this. There are many national airline precedents for this around the world.

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I once called and asked to speak to their customer relations department. I was told they don't have one.

I agree. I once travelled to Thailand on another airline to complain about a lack of refund and it took my Thai wife shouting at them and me threatening them to get them to help. We were in the head office in Bangkok for an hour or 2. Unfortunately is a feature of the national character that no one will take responsibility for any blame under any circumstances. All long timers here have encountered it many times.

Edited by The Deerhunter
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I once called and asked to speak to their customer relations department. I was told they don't have one.

CUSTOMER RELATIONS

Building 6, 1th Floor, Head Office
Tel  :   (66) 2545-4216,  (66) 2545-4217
Fax  :  (66) 2545-3841
E-mail : customer@thaiairways.com

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, smedly said:

while smart airlines got together and created global code sharing - Thailand refused to operate with foreigners and were left isolated, executives were too busy stuffing money into their corrupt greedy pockets to care...……………………...another claimed regional hub that never materialized 

Er......you do realise that Thai Airways was one of the five original founder members of Star Alliance don't you?  And that Star alliance was the first of the three major alliances. 

Kind of makes your anti-foreigner nonsense look a little ignorant if you don't mind me saying.

28 minutes ago, hotchilli said:

You've got it in a nutshell.... 

Thai airline is not alone in the "I've got a masters degree" mentality as if it's something credible in the "no-fail" University system!

Masters degree but  no forward thinking or common-sense, i will carry on without a degree thank you .

1 hour ago, NanLaew said:

Wasn't Ansett was it?

Or Compass, which went broke one Christmas. Great timing.

I don't fully understand this! I have flown with Thai Airways several Times and have found all the staff very very plesent. I know management likes to blame employees for their failurs! Maybe time to change out all management with people that fully understand the economics of the 21st century not those clinging onto their desks! Have to make a sweeping change and it is NOT with staff!!!!!

• Like 2