Re-entered Thailand yesterday, nothing bad/unusual occurred

I will be arriving in a few days on visa exempt but I only stay for a couple weeks at a time.  It will be my 7th entry since 2017 and 3rd within 4 months.

Even though I am a genuine tourist with no intention on living or working in Thailand, I am still nervous lol.  I will get a Taiwan stamp during my layover so there isnt 3 Thailand stamps in a row on my passport...

Although every other time I entered, neither I or the IO ever said a single word.  I just slid my passport to get stamped and he motioned me to enter.

1 hour ago, TooMuchTime said:

I will be arriving in a few days on visa exempt but I only stay for a couple weeks at a time.  It will be my 7th entry since 2017 and 3rd within 4 months.

Even though I am a genuine tourist with no intention on living or working in Thailand, I am still nervous lol.  I will get a Taiwan stamp during my layover so there isnt 3 Thailand stamps in a row on my passport...

Although every other time I entered, neither I or the IO ever said a single word.  I just slid my passport to get stamped and he motioned me to enter.

And that's the normal way, these other clowns talking about getting a nice smile from IO is hilarious.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, baansgr said:

I've even been asked at Heathrow how long am I intending to stay and what will I be doing....thats on a UK passport...

They will ask that sometimes if you are a non resident.

47 minutes ago, EVENKEEL said:

And that's the normal way, these other clowns talking about getting a nice smile from IO is hilarious.

Yeah, dude! Unfathomable, and just can´t stop laughing.

Many times I´ve actually got a smile from the IO´s too. I do not know what´s so hilarious about stating that. Can you please expand that and explain a little bit more.

• Like 2

At least half the people who report problems on here are probably dressed like vagrants or being obnoxious in some way. 

The other half seem to not have the proper paperwork or are trying to take advantage of the system in some way. 

Edited by illiterate
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Maybe the IO just won on lottery or had some Farangs sending her money? Who knows, it's like a lottery these days entering Thailand, never knows what could happen.

4 hours ago, baansgr said:

Having a re entry permit would suggest you are on either a retirement, dependent or working extension...never has been a problem. Its the tourist visa and on arrival where people are "supposedly" being denied entry.

To judge whether Samui Bodoh's case is normal or not , it's important to know where , and by what means you entered the country . Big difference between by air at Swampy and by land at Poi Pet for example . Where did you enter please , Samui ?

3 minutes ago, gimo said:

To judge whether Samui Bodoh's case is normal or not , it's important to know where , and by what means you entered the country . Big difference between by air at Swampy and by land at Poi Pet for example . Where did you enter please , Samui ?

It isn't whether it is normal or not, it is that his case is not really relevant. The current issue people are having is entering Thailand with Tourist visas, or VOA - whilst having a history of prior of entries

• Like 1

3 hours ago, baansgr said:

I've even been asked at Heathrow how long am I intending to stay and what will I be doing....thats on a UK passport...

At the check-in in last Sunday in Frankfurt, the Lady had to key-in my visa number into the System. She said without a proper visa they would deny me boarding the plane.

20 minutes ago, Prince77 said:

At the check-in in last Sunday in Frankfurt, the Lady had to key-in my visa number into the System. She said without a proper visa they would deny me boarding the plane.

Standard practice/requirement to ensure you can enter whatever country you are flying to....either on a visa or visa exempt depending on your nationality.  

• Like 1

Yesterday I re-entered Thailand with a Multiple Re-Entry permit and nothing bad occurred.

Don't get what you are trying to say. What is a Multiple Re-Entry permit??? Are you holding a METV and got a re-entry permit? Maybe because you have a re-entry permit with a METV that's why it was easier for you to get through.

50 consecutive visits without any problem? Are you on Tourist visa?

I think the immigration officer is not doing their job. 

You might not be so lucky next time.

Edited by EricTh

18 minutes ago, EricTh said:

50 consecutive visits without any problem? Are you on Tourist visa?

I think the immigration officer is not doing their job. 

You might not be so lucky next time.

I think the OP is trolling. Highly impossible to have 50 consecutive visits on a METV considered that it was only introduced a few years ago. I give it a 0.000001% chance that he has done that. Considering that the OP never bothered to reply to any of the posts in his thread, I call it a troll thread.

Edited by bbi1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

I think the OP is trolling. Highly impossible to have 50 consecutive visits on a METV considered that it was only introduced a few years ago. I give it a 0.000001% chance that he has done that. Considering that the OP never bothered to reply to any of the posts in his thread, I call it a troll thread.

re-read the OP.

Not an METV.

A re-entry permit.

No reason to ever expect an issue with that since it does nto result in a new permission to stay. Just lets you leave and return under an existing one.

12 hours ago, HiSoLowSoNoSo said:

Maybe the IO just won on lottery or had some Farangs sending her money? Who knows, it's like a lottery these days entering Thailand, never knows what could happen.

or maybe she had a "happy ending" last night.... the worse it's when they are on their period or PMS

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Sambotte said:

Indeed, the "lottery" aspect is the big issue ????

Would be of course interesting to have the numbers, what percentage chance to get denied without any solid reason, visa by visa type.

To the OP, ask yourself how you will feel the day they deny you (if your visa is legit, i mean not working etc.), maybe put you in detention, etc. ?

You are a big player, be prepare for a "bad run" ????

5 years on monthly visa exempts since 2014. Nary an issue. All above board. The passport shows where I was going and what I was doing (many business visas in another country). Stayed a maximum of 14 days. No problem at all.

I have no doubt that if my history showed I was trying to live in Thailand pretty well full time I would have had problems. But I wasn't. And I didn't.

I take a lot of the refused entry stories with a very big grain of salt.

There is always a back story.

• Like 2

On 10/23/2019 at 9:57 AM, GeraldB22 said:

It isn't whether it is normal or not, it is that his case is not really relevant. The current issue people are having is entering Thailand with Tourist visas, or VOA - whilst having a history of prior of entries

Or more accurately Visa Exempt rather than VOA. It would be tough going to get  Visa at the airport and then get knocked back a few yards away from where you obtained it.