BANGKOK
webfact

U.S. diplomat testifies Trump tied Ukraine aid to politically motivated investigations

5 minutes ago, JCauto said:

Yeah, just another smoking gun, what else is new?

My prediction - the Republican establishment lets this play out and pulls a surprise vote in the Senate to impeach given that there's simply no way to square rule of law with any of this. Once that domino falls, so does Barr and Pence and they rush back in with Nikki Haley as their nominee for 2020 and rebrand on the fly as the "law and order" Republicans who were trying so hard to restrain the Donald but simply had no choice but to act when the nefarious behaviour was actually revealed to be true. 

At the very least I'll be the only one to get this right if it happens... 😝

Could be but I think you probably overestimate the intelligence of the republicans in the senate. 

Edited by Jingthing

8 hours ago, webfact said:

"As I said on the phone, I think it's crazy to withhold security assistance for help with a political campaign,"

Well, "crazy" is the new normal.

3 minutes ago, Sujo said:

Dont be too harsh. Hes had reduce his golf games to 4 times a week.

He suffers so much for the people.

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

There is loads of evidence that he created the biggest swamp ever. that you don't want to read it is up to you.

Whatever...

Thanks for the links and citations.

• Like 1
  • Confused 2
  • Sad 2

20 minutes ago, bristolboy said:

Thanks for sharing with us that report about Hillary Clinton rumors. That you find them believable tells any reasonably objective observer all that's needed to know about where you're coming from.

Yes, I absolutely believe that if asked Hilary would announce her candidacy tomorrow. Further, if not asked given the right moment she will force herself into the race. Finally even if both do not occur there is still some moderate probability that she will find her way into the race.

I'd bet money on it.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Ramdas said:

I can’t wait to see that corrupt punk  pathological liar in a jail suit, it will match perfectly with his messed up face 👹

The White House has been hijacked by his mob, especially by the lick <deleted> dodgy Guliani.. I just can’t wait for these corrupted criminals to get hand cuffed! I long for a clean and transparent White House.

Get rid of this global disaster super-fast before he causes more damage at home and in the international community !!!

Disgraceful and shameful to say the least 🤦🏻‍♂️

Well, it's technically possible at this point for 45 to eventually be criminally convicted and incarcerated (not while being president and impeachment then conviction doesn't do that though) but personally I think you're fantasy is unlikely. I think there is a deep feeling among American people that incarcerating any president even one well deserving that, is somehow degrading to the office of the president. Yes presidents aren't supposed to be above the law but in practice they are to at least some degree.

• Sad 2

The USA actually asked for something for their money given to a country. About time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 6