Entered BKK SETV no hassles

32 minutes ago, bbi1 said:

So using this service the company staff can somehow get cleared to wait "inside" the airport before immigration for clients and take them fast-track through immigration therefore the client gets preferrencial treatment from IOs?

Not sure about preferential treatment from IO but they do send someone to meet and greet you before immigration. 

2 hours ago, Suradit69 said:

The vast majority of people experience no problems and many of those who rush to TV to throw a hissy fit provide a carefully edited, one-sided version of the "facts"surrounding their problematic experience,  intentionally or through ignorance.

Welcome to Thailand. Carefully avoid contact with the angry barstoolers with their tales of woe.

Totally agree with you, first came to LOS over 20 years ago, and i have felt absolutely no change in attitude from the Thais to myself, if you are a decent, polite, well mannered person they seem to be as friendly and welcoming as ever.

I have had far more hassle from UK border force when i have returned back to the UK on a few occassions - the last time earlier this year they spent nearly an hour going through every single item in my suitcase - even googling some pycnogenol tablets (natural supplements for jet lag) and glucosamine (for joint pain) to see if they were legal. Then went through all my papers which i had taken for my partners UK visa application (looking through all my bank statements etc) and i had pages of handwritten notes to help with the visa application with some names on of other Falangs i had met in Thailand with contact details as they were helping me with advice on my partners application. And every name they were asking me "so who is this" giving me the most accusatory look. 

Their attitude was how on earth can someone so young afford to spend so much time travelling outside the UK. I felt such hostility from them, basically accusing me of being an international drugs smuggler was how it felt. They finally contacted the HMRC to check if what i told them was true about my earnings and tax paid, which finally satisfied them and let me on my way.

• Like 1

This is a troll topic, everyone knows its impossible to ggggget into Ttttthailand and that IOs just slap you down like the filthy falang you are, get out of here and give us your money you filthy western swine, O hello Mr. Chung, welcome, just let me toss this roundeye away....

Thats the real picture, Mabel!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, bbi1 said:

So using this service the company staff can somehow get cleared to wait "inside" the airport before immigration for clients and take them fast-track through immigration therefore the client gets preferrencial treatment from IOs?

Interesting that they state : "This service is not available for visitors that have overstayed their visa (exemption) in the past"

I have one stupid mis-counted 1 day overstay from 2 years ago .... hmm?

14 hours ago, bbi1 said:

They just told me not to use this service, if you are worried about getting refused, as they find regular IO's more lenient, where the IO's in VIP hate anything that requires extra work.

11 hours ago, TaaSaparot said:

They just told me not to use this service, if you are worried about getting refused, as they find regular IO's more lenient, where the IO's in VIP hate anything that requires extra work.

What extra work do IO's in the VIP line have to do?

On 10/23/2019 at 11:22 AM, Tayaout said:

Not sure about preferential treatment from IO but they do send someone to meet and greet you before immigration. 

And it sounds like they use the Fast Track immigration counters, as do those travelling in Biz or First Class. I suspect one might be given more leeway in that queue, but no guarantees.