First class service from 3BB

colinneil

Many times i read about internet companies here not providing a good service.

On sunday morning out on my scooter, coming back home, i saw a local man ( calls himself a sparky) up an electric pole pulling cables down, thought to myself, what the hell is he doing, our internet cable is on that pole.

I arrived home, opened my computer to look at Thai visa, no internet, oh s++t, called my wife phone 3BB, its sunday she says, so what, no internet.

So she phoned, lady answered, i will tell the local repair team, i am moaning, thats us having to wait till tomorrow.

Toot, toot vehicle horn blowing outside, wow 3BB workers, only 35 minutes after being called.

They checked at our home, my wife told them what i had seen, off they go, and found our cable was gone around that pole, local so called sparky denying it was him, but silly sods ladder was still against the pole.

Now that is what i call good service.

40 minutes ago, colinneil said:

opened my computer to look at Thai visa, no internet, oh s++t, called my wife phone 3BB, its sunday she says, so what, no internet.

did you tell her you were following the exciting adventures of NCC1701A and did not want to miss any of the action? 

Just now, bluesofa said:

It would be nice to think that 3BB charged the sparky for repairing your internet cable to make him more careful in future, but they probably didn't being the land of irresponsibility.

What charge him for his stupidity, you must be joking, the 3 of them had a laugh together then off 3BB workers went, no names taken, nothing.

3 minutes ago, colinneil said:

What charge him for his stupidity, you must be joking, the 3 of them had a laugh together then off 3BB workers went, no names taken, nothing.

Yeah, the 3BB probably guys probably gave the sparky tip as he's keeping them in a job. Thai logic.

I have nothing but good things to say about 3BB sales and support. Once someone cut a tree down and took down a fiber optic line. Of course they didn't say anything to anyone. When 3BB heard the line was dead they quickly came out, pinpointed the issue, and fixed it without complaints or charges of any kind. Very quick and skillful work.

We have similar good experiences with our local TOT chaps.

A few months back on a weekend (don't recall if Sat or Sun) we see smoke in the distance, "something is going well", shortly afterwards off goes the internet followed rapidly by the power.

Power we can do without (we have a genset). Internet? Well Madam needs her Line and Facebore etc etc. So she calls her "pet" TOT man, he is already at the site of the problem (it can't have been more than 15 minutes after it all went off). 

Some silly sod has decided to "clear" some land for sale, the tools of his trade being some diesel and a match. The resulting conflagration took out the fibre trunk to the village as well as the 25kV supply. PEA were stringing new cables so he had to wait until they were done, but to get the service back on they ran a temporary fibre along the ground for about 200m. Internet back after a couple of hours, power took rather longer but it was all back before it got dark ????

It seems Mr TOT got fed up waiting for PEA to finish as the TOT truck was at the site of the damage the next day doing a permanent fix.

No complaints about either TOT or PEA.

23 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Most people go there to ‘explore’ other people.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm on a tight budget.

so Colin, what do the 3BB people wear when they are climbing up the poles? like hard hats and work boots?

2 hours ago, bluesofa said:

It would be nice to think that 3BB charged the sparky for repairing your internet cable to make him more careful in future, but they probably didn't being the land of irresponsibility.

Did you ever use the username grouse?

9 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

I'm on a tight budget.

so Colin, what do the 3BB people wear when they are climbing up the poles? like hard hats and work boots?

Now, now, don't you get Colin all riled up talking about climbing and the like.

We've had the same experience with 3BB service....On the few times we have needed them, they have been  courteous, quick to respond & remedy the concern.....

Never a charge added or asked for.....

One time we received a follow up CSI survey from them, on which they graded out well....

8 minutes ago, alan grice said:

I never understand why you need to change to the same package you have now, but new offer and cheaper monthly rates. .?.

It's called "loyalty penalty" and it's the same in the UK for all sorts of services. You keep paying the same price for your (slow, poor, outdated) service whilst others pay less for (fast, quality, modern) services, only when you actually ask do you get the better item. The supplier wins of course.

I use 3BB on a fibre link and then ab out 800 metres of twin telephone cable. I get 30 down and 10 up.

A while ago they were offering a full fibre service of 100 up and down. I got my wife to sign up for it and I am still waiting. She signed up on 7th July and there is still no sign of it yet.

I went into the office in Khampaeng Phet a month ago and in the end the lady said 3 months wait. I will go again tomorrow and see what this months lie will be.

20 minutes ago, alan grice said:

I never understand why you need to change to the same package you have now, but new offer and cheaper monthly rates

Not with 3BB. I signed up for 200mbps fiber optic for 1200 baht a month several years ago. Somewhere along the line they upgraded my package to 500mpbs without me doing anything and at no extra charge and no change in monthly fee. This is also the same price they offer it to new customers for today. So once again, kudos to 3BB for taking care of existing customers so well.

26 minutes ago, billd766 said:

I use 3BB on a fibre link and then ab out 800 metres of twin telephone cable. I get 30 down and 10 up.

A while ago they were offering a full fibre service of 100 up and down. I got my wife to sign up for it and I am still waiting. She signed up on 7th July and there is still no sign of it yet.

I went into the office in Khampaeng Phet a month ago and in the end the lady said 3 months wait. I will go again tomorrow and see what this months lie will be.

Look what I get on my vdsl 30mb package since I made complaint months ago (you remember …?) about slow speed , now it " goes bananas " double speed almost since 

2019-10-23_135446.png

4 hours ago, david555 said:

Look what I get on my vdsl 30mb package since I made complaint months ago (you remember …?) about slow speed , now it " goes bananas " double speed almost since 

2019-10-23_135446.png

From the top of the screen it looks as though you are on a 100/100 package

That is the package I am looking at but they have to run the link about 800 metres from their splitter/connector box. I get 500 metres free and I think every metre after that is 1 or 2 baht.

Archived