First class service from 3BB

colinneil

2 hours ago, billd766 said:

From the top of the screen it looks as though you are on a 100/100 package

That is the package I am looking at but they have to run the link about 800 metres from their splitter/connector box. I get 500 metres free and I think every metre after that is 1 or 2 baht.

Nope , I have still my 30 Mbps /10Mbps package for 590baht /month but pay yearly 6969,55 baht (580,79/month with reduction  ) and  condo building does not allowed 3BB fiber cable , all their website talk fiber , but maybe on street , but not possible in the building , I was surprised about the speed since I maid a complaint months ago as  I only got on that moment 5 to 10 mb as normally never under 15mbps

The 3bb speedtest website does not show any vdsl option anymore 

21 hours ago, david555 said:

Nope , I have still my 30 Mbps /10Mbps package for 590baht /month but pay yearly 6969,55 baht (580,79/month with reduction  ) and  condo building does not allowed 3BB fiber cable , all their website talk fiber , but maybe on street , but not possible in the building , I was surprised about the speed since I maid a complaint months ago as  I only got on that moment 5 to 10 mb as normally never under 15mbps

The 3bb speedtest website does not show any vdsl option anymore 

My 30/10 package still works very well but until 3BB get their act together up here in KPP I am not happy.

On 10/23/2019 at 8:53 AM, NCC1701A said:

you caught me. it was two weeks. i was in Pattaya on a spiritual quest of self exploration. 

I trust you were culturally aware enough to say a few prayers and leave a donation at The Temple of Venus there.

On October 23, 2019 at 7:13 AM, colinneil said:

Now that is what i call good service.

Agree 3BB is very good about service calls, most of which were required because I lived in 15th floor condo which meant I was connected via 15 floors of cable that occasionally some Sparky Jr disturbed.

When I moved to a house they upgraded me to a much faster service that been excellent for about one year now. No service calls.

BUT when I moved it took about 6 weeks to two months to get reconnected. They kept giving me dates when they'd come and then rescheduling. By comparison, True satellite only took a couple of days.

A Thai friend said I should have canceled my 3BB service and then applied to them as if I were new customer. He contends they're quicker about installing new customers.

On 10/23/2019 at 7:13 AM, colinneil said:

Many times i read about internet companies here not providing a good service.

On sunday morning out on my scooter, coming back home, i saw a local man ( calls himself a sparky) up an electric pole pulling cables down, thought to myself, what the hell is he doing, our internet cable is on that pole.

I arrived home, opened my computer to look at Thai visa, no internet, oh s++t, called my wife phone 3BB, its sunday she says, so what, no internet.

So she phoned, lady answered, i will tell the local repair team, i am moaning, thats us having to wait till tomorrow.

Toot, toot vehicle horn blowing outside, wow 3BB workers, only 35 minutes after being called.

They checked at our home, my wife told them what i had seen, off they go, and found our cable was gone around that pole, local so called sparky denying it was him, but silly sods ladder was still against the pole.

Now that is what i call good service.

Mate, can't agree more.

I've been with 3BB since the days of 2mb bandwidth, they just keep increasing charging the same amount of money.

For the same money I receive 100/100mb and its Fibre optic, no down time any more when its raining.

I always laugh when in back home (australia), their poor bandwidth and ridiculous prices.

I am in the town of Chok Chai outside of Korat.  Came to the house on Sat.  No Internet.  Called 3BB late Saturday and they were here 0830 on Sunday morning and in 5 minutes, had the Internet.  Have been with them for over 10 years now and always rapid service.  No charge for Sunday either.  Every other year when I come here all I did was open the laptop and I was on the net.  Do have friends in Udon that do complain.

3BB did a promotion at my condo block offering 100/100 fiber at half the price of True 30/10 for six months, I signed up but the Juristic Person started complaining about the cable route (may be connected with ownership of condo block - True). 

Anyway, a team came and did a first class installation using the ceiling void, I’m a happy camper.

I had great service from CAT when they installed my service. Was asked by a neighbour if we wanted internet as they needed eight customers in the area. We're out in the sticks and she wanted it for her school. 1500 baht for 'express service'. That was Thursday, they came and wired us up on Saturday, and on Sunday evening they came again to connect us to the system. But there was a problem, and three technicians hung around until 11.40pm, sitting on our kitchen floor with beer and crisps we supplied until the job was done. Can you imagine that in the real world?

Unfortunately, their service afterwards wasn't great, it was unreliable and one time it went down on a Friday evening and wasn't fixed until Monday. Plus, their nearest office was 50kms away. However, we saw 3BB come past installing fibre cables, switched to them while also getting a 50 percent discount for six months for us switching service to them, and their service has been brilliant. Also, their office is only 10kms away.

On 10/23/2019 at 1:21 PM, Crossy said:

It's called "loyalty penalty" and it's the same in the UK for all sorts of services. You keep paying the same price for your (slow, poor, outdated) service whilst others pay less for (fast, quality, modern) services, only when you actually ask do you get the better item. The supplier wins of course.

3BB upgrade our speed automatically, which I discovered when we asked about changing the contract to the higher speed. We have 200/100 now, but I was only getting the 'old' 100/100 so we got the man over and he told me my poor old laptop can only cope with 100. He got close to 200 on his when he did a test. But that's more than okay, even for IPTV.

Archived