Current or savings account for marriage extension 400,000 baht in bank.

Does it matter what type of account I open for the 400,000 in bank for a 1 yr. marriage extension? Do I need any confirmation letters from the bank or do I just get an updated bank book and confirmation bank letter the day before applying for the extension? Thanks.

Depending on the bank you may require a letter from your Embassy or other paperwork or persons - normally best to open in a bank your wife has an account at but in any case one branch will say no and another yes of the same bank at times so it is try, try again if no luck first time.

For extensions of stay a letter from bank to immigration is always required and normally passbook copies and maybe current day ATM receipt to prove above 400k.  Yes that letter can be from local branch and normally is.

Edited by lopburi3

It is a letter to immigration providing current account balance and that account has been at or above 400k for the required time.  I believe they can be found with a Google search but most banks know the requirement as anyone using 400k in account needs for extensions.

Edited by lopburi3

Most offices also accept a fixed deposit account (where money is still available at any time).

I have never used something different for Khon Kaen.

Difference in interest is so small though these days that it is almost insignificant.

Bank letter example from previous post is from me and for such a fixed deposit account. Orange colored bank book at Bangkok Bank.

Edited by KhunBENQ