PATTAYA to HUA HIN via bus

mercman24

hi all , fancy a few days away, has anyone done this route, ? the site shows pics of BIG BUSES, yet i see one site has a pic of a MINI BUS which i try to avoid like the plague, ( i think the ferry route is extortionate, over 6000 baht for 2)? thats the cost of a holiday , ha ha, oh it says Pattaya bus station, i assume they mean the one on North Road?

My experiences with Bell bus to/from Suvarnabhumi to Pattaya were always good.

And they offer a small 23 seater bus from Pattaya to Hua Hin at 11:00AM.

(from Pattaya northern terminal)

The price of 428 Baht would even include the pickup from "Hotel".

Hotel can be any on their list that is near your location.

http://www.belltravelservice.com/

Would be my choice.

Without checking details:

quite sure there will be connecting trips with big buses through one of the Bangkok bus terminals.

I've used this service a couple of times and have no hesitation in recommending it, it's a direct service with no connections required.

Pick ups from Pattaya are not included in the basic price and cost an extra 100 Baht, likewise they will arrange a drop off to hotels in Hua Hin which vary in price, but again are in the region of 100 Baht.

The journey time depends on the day of the week and the roadworks south of Bangkok.

31 minutes ago, Bredbury Blue said:

I wouldn't recommend that trip right now. I drove 2 weeks ago to Pranburi and the roadworks on Rama 2 in both directions were horrible. Go to Koh chang or somewhere on the east coast would  be better for you if in pattaya.

Whilst they are not great, it is fairly easy to pick your times to avoid the worst of it. Its about a 8km stretch just outside Bangkok, but i have done it 3-4 times in the last month and due to planning have not had anything more than slow traffic but still moving fairly well.

Obviously avoid the inbound to BKK route any weekday between 6am-10am- and any outbound trip between 3pm-5pm particularly on the week days. Avoid traveling on a Friday in both directions and on public holiday weekends.

I tend to travel inbound Sunday at 10am and outbound i don't find as bad and generally other than rush hour is more or less an annoyance more than anything drastic.

I have traveled twice by bus from Pattaya to Hua Hin you get the big bus from Pattaya Nua Station it is not the Bells bus to the Airport,  the window to buy the ticket is next to the windows for bus to Mo Chit, , it is 385 Baht I think, the bus is at 11am each day it leaves from the same place the Mo Chit bus , 

The bus is very new really great, the trip takes 5 hours, it will stop at the Airport for about ten minutes then at Cha Am to let people off then to Hua Hin, the Station at Hua Hin is very new very good service , no food only water. 

Archived