Stop! Immigration call a halt to illegal work seminar in Chiang Mai

webfact

Okay, in the news over in Malaysia, the headline pretty much says "Investment scam". On a Thai website (that I believe can't be linked here ????) it says "Bitcoin event". Maybe the thread title should be edited to make that clear. Google is your friend. 

So, it sounds like the bust was more about running an investment scam than not having the proper licenses. Then again, people have been sent away from this country for "not having enough funds" even if they do. Whatever works, I guess. 

I do events for a living plus, added bonus, I'm Malaysian. Heh. But my events are more the partying type anyway. I found licensing here slightly more lax than Malaysia (back home, I'll need to look into music licensing, permit for crowd gathering, food safety etc etc) but generally, the venue/hotel will always take an active role in helping you procure the necessary even if, let's say, you're totally in the blind about them. Here, I've mostly been told "don't worry", so I always did.  

Rick Malay Chinese Business men ! ? ... Not the most caring or honest People I think, ... And I have spent a LOT of time in Malaysia, and though liking the place a lot, and the people, ... for all of their Human weaknesses, ... and having friends there ,,, Both Chinese and Malays, ... who well, tell me what is going on, ...  and they trust few People in their own society, and from ther OWN Ethnic groups either ! !!!  .... ( The Malays are Dirty in their business dealings, and the Chinese still Feudal, and subservient to Class position, and wealth ? ). ... ...  Like you only just have to look around ! ...... Like just look at their recent Political melt down ! ...

Yes, it Probably does serve them right ! ... AND no loss to the Thais either if you ask me.

Edited by Mark mark
Decided to clean it up.

On 10/23/2019 at 9:23 AM, bitterbatter said:

How dare these foreigners bring lots of paying tourists and business to Thailand!  Let's not talk to them and sell the permit to them, instead we will send them to jail and courts where they will be guilty until proven innocent.   Then they will pay big money for not understanding our very difficult to understand system of payola.

Why werent these foreign criminals identified by the new biometric system before they arrived. Vietnam would welcome them in a heartbeat.

10 minutes ago, Langkawee said:

Why werent these foreign criminals identified by the new biometric system before they arrived. Vietnam would welcome them in a heartbeat.

Not easy to identify anyone by a biometric scan "before" they arrive as they need to be present during the scanning ... :thumbsup:

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

Do foreigners also Need work permits to make presentations in-front of their class in university? ^ this law so retard. If a seminar requires a work permit then every single forgeiner student should be arrested honestly. I don’t see how a seminar is work. 

Edited by Drax

1 hour ago, Drax said:

Do foreigners also Need work permits to make presentations in-front of their class in university? ^ this law so retard. If a seminar requires a work permit then every single forgeiner student should be arrested honestly. I don’t see how a seminar is work. 

Really?  This isn't a school....it's a "for profit" seminar in which the host purports to be selling "knowledge" to the participants who pay a fee in exchange for the privilege of attending the seminar.  It's a sales job, otherwise known as "work".  

How much cash did you just force out of your country this time? lol. Get with the times. People like to travel for seminars. or work from their laptops. You could cash in on that market alone but NOOOOOO THEY ARE CRIMINALS lol meanwhile individuals are being extorted so they dont get arrested by those supposed to enforce the "LAW?"  OMG DONT COME TO OUR BEAUTIFUL LAND OF SMILES FOR A SEMINAR AND SPEND YOUR MONEY....