90 Day report by registered mail questions

Immigration (CW) received my 90 day report on 30 September(confirmed by tracking on line). I sent them stamped return envelope.

Nothing received yet and my date for renewal is 24 October.

so over 3 weeks since they received my report by mail.

In their instructions immigration say:
" waiting for reply mail over 1 month please contact immigration office with your registered receipt"

my questions:

1. How long are others waiting to get receipt?

assuming it does not arrive,

2. the 1 month is from the date they received my notification namely 30 September or 1 month from my report date?

3. Can  contact immigration be by phone or does it require me to personally attend immigration?

Thanks for any advice.

Edited by homeseeker

You sent it to early for one thing. It can only be sent up to 15 days early and must be received 7 days before the report date.

Wait a bit longer to see if they held it until the 15 day before date.

You have 7 days after the report date (including it in the country) to do the report without being fined.

Thank you for your reply Joe.

According to written instruction note I have from Immigration it reads:

"Your registered mail must be sent to the immigration office at least 15 days before the due date of notification".

This is a document written and prepared by Thai Immigration in English.

So are you saying that because I did not send it to them within a 7-15 day window I have failed to comply? And even though the Immigrations own instruction says it must be sent "at least 15 days before the due date of notification"?

i think that is poor wording on the immigration website. Sending it few days more than 15 day before might be OK. But 24 days is a bit to much I think.  I think the intention was to mail it early enough for it to arrive 7 days before the report date.

If you have not gotten the return envelope with a disapproved note it might be they waited until it was a little closer to the 7 days before date.

You can wait it out a few more days or go by the rules and check with them 30 days after your report date.

I used to do my 90 day report by mail because immigrations was located in Nakhon Pathom, 90 km from my home.    They usually took 3 to 4 weeks to get back.  But I always got them.

Edited by Mango Bob