Tourism chief to discuss lowering aviation fuel tax

webfact

oh heck, let's subsidize it.  we need more 'plant food' stuff!

anyone know where I can buy an official soccer team 'Fly Emirates' jersey in Thailand?  I just love my air travel "real life"  and also want to share my feelings on that as well as... I just think "fly emirates" sounds cool too!

21 hours ago, KhunBENQ said:

But still true for those who live on Pound, Dollar, Euro.. and want to fly domestic?

Lowering aviation fuel tax? Lower price for domestic flights?

What a contrast to climate panic countries where the exact opposite is in preparation.

Don't tell Greta :tongue:

It's the opposite what Europe ( France and Germany ) is doing ;

This eco-contribution will apply to all companies departing from France, regardless of their nationality. "The French air flag will not be disadvantaged," says the government: given the composition of air traffic, this contribution will be supported 62% by foreign companies. The tax is expected to yield 180 million euros per year, which will go entirely to the financing of clean transport of daily life. Assigned to the Agency of financing of the infrastructures of transport of France (AFITF), they will allow to implement "the ambitious programming of the investments voted in the bill of orientation of the mobilities", allowing the government to "answer the expectation of our fellow citizens of fair use of all modes of transport, especially those with high greenhouse gas emissions ".

Such a contribution exists in many other European countries, such as Germany or the United Kingdom, reminds the government according to which the implementation of this eco-contribution "fits in coherently with the fight that France carries out for a taxation of air transport at European and international level ". ..."

https://www.air-journal.fr/2019-10-18-taxes-sur-laerien-des-hausses-en-france-et-en-allemagne-5215684.html

" It will be 1.5 euros in economy class and 9 euros in business class on domestic and European flights,
and 9 euros in Economy and 18 euros in Business on flights outside the European Union. "

It doesn't say what the fuel tax rate is, so I looked it up. A 2017 article said that airlines pay 4 baht per liter in tax. The airline regulators said this should result in a fare increase of 50 baht per seat, and noted that most domestic flight's duration is 60-90 minutes. Meanwhile, the average tax for motorists filling up at the pump is 5-6 baht per liter.

The greenhouse fascists strangely never target on shipowners or ship brokers as one single cargo crossing the ocean pollutes as much as xx million cars in a year....not to mention the main industrials........................why not require the top manufactures to make goods lasting longer and by law, to be able to repair their stuff at a symbolic price (not more then say 5% by law)  for at least 10 years after they sell it ??????..............the greenhouse fascists seem to ignore the amount of pollution generated in mining and transporting minerals that are used for all our electronics that is far more polluting then Tom, Dick and Harry taking a plane from LRH to BKK for a soapy holiday. But strangely, it's always the consumer at the end that get's punished...."pay money thru tax and you can then pollute all that you want",  would rather be the motto of the Greta nutcases all over the world....

On 10/23/2019 at 9:20 AM, webfact said:

airline operators who are currently paying the tax for their passengers.

You can't make this stuff up.

Those costs aren't being passed on to consumers?

Obviously Thai carriers benefit most.

Archived