Best place for new TR visa?

12 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

As far as I know they can. I always extend my 30 day stamp when I fly into Bkk  30 then extend 30 (1900bt)he

But the rules change there by the hour as I found out last year about new VN system and single entries ????

I know, I do too but you mentioned extending a land border entry at the immigration by another 30 days. I've always heard that a land boarder entry is 30 only not 30+30?

1 minute ago, ubonjoe said:

Any visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration. It does not matter if it is by land or air.

LOL I was just sitting here about to say "Don't count on me, but if you want the up to date stats look for Ubon Joe" aka the Mayor of Thailand...   Ok UB, I've got one for ya, I will arrive late nov for 120 days, I've always gotten the 30 stamp at bkk.....am now looking at the site for a SETV from my home, being a 60 day that I can extend by 30 in cnx.... If I were to send in my passport would they deny me since my RT tix is 120 days in LOS but I'm asking for a single entry, as I dont have all the stuff they want for a METV......OR just go for the 30 when I fly into BKK the extend at cnx for another 30........THEN off to mae sai for 30 to extend again=120 total ..then back home.....whattya think...since I've reached the top level here....lol     Thanks

6 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

If I were to send in my passport would they deny me since my RT tix is 120 days in LOS but I'm asking for a single entry,

It depends upon where you apply for the visa at. To be safe you could buy a low cost one way flight to a nearby nearby country that would be accepted.

The problem with traveling to here without visa to get a visa exempt entry is that the airline can ask for a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival.

4 minutes ago, ChakaKhan said:

Also UB any links or info about the new VN-Laos visa system should I make that long haul from cnx again?

The website for the e visa is here. https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

No changes to getting a visa on arrival on entry.

3 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

It depends upon where you apply for the visa at. To be safe you could buy a low cost one way flight to a nearby nearby country that would be accepted.

The problem with traveling to here without visa to get a visa exempt entry is that the airline can ask for a ticket out of the country within 30 days of arrival.

The website for the e visa is here. https://laoevisa.gov.la/index

No changes to getting a visa on arrival on entry.

I was only really stalled once in LAX about no visa, I always tell them i will fly into bkk then bounce around and they let me go....on 2nd passort and they can see its worked, or they dont care...no biggie luckily

Maybe I will call the embassy here to ask about my 120 day rt tixs vs a single entry visa....anyhoo thanks!

21 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Any visa exempt entry can be extended for 30 days at immigration. It does not matter if it is by land or air.

Thanks for confirming this. So basically the classic one day border runs to Cambodia are 30+30. Oh I wish I knew this before haha.

If they are limited to 2 per calendar year (like there is actually an official regulation about this unlike airport entries) is it easier to get the land entry exempt? I mean if I arrive by air I might be questioned or even denied entry if I have too many visas and stamps in my passport. But I'm wondering would this potential trouble be avoided at a land border for those 2 times per year that you're allowed to do it? I mean are those 2 land entries allowed for anyone regardless of their visa/entries history or they can also be denied based on your travel history to Thailand? Thanks.

31 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Saw your link about evisa.....always got mine at border-nong khai....but I was asking about the new appt system for a thai visa at vn consulate and anyones exp using it....thanks

1 hour ago, ChakaKhan said:

Saw your link about evisa.....always got mine at border-nong khai....but I was asking about the new appt system for a thai visa at vn consulate and anyones exp using it....thanks

The way you wrote your post it appeared to me you were asking about a Lao voa.

You have to make an appointment to do the application at the Thai embassy consular section in Vientiane. 

See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#  But ignore any of the requirements for visa applications shown on the site since they are mostly all wrong.

53 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The way you wrote your post it appeared to me you were asking about a Lao voa.

You have to make an appointment to do the application at the Thai embassy consular section in Vientiane. 

See: https://thaivisavientiane.com/#  But ignore any of the requirements for visa applications shown on the site since they are mostly all wrong.

my mistake..thanks for info ????

3 hours ago, ChomDo said:

Thanks. Did you say extend a 30 day border run? I thought the 2 times per year border run was a 30 day only, not 30+30? 

Whether entering visa exempt by land or by air, you receive the same 30-day permission to stay, which can optionally be extended by another 30 days at an immigration office in Thailand on payment of 1,900 baht.