Informant led to Brit dive instructor's arrest on Koh Lipe - he overstayed 5 years!

webfact

Small change. I like that South Korean they caught earlier this month. Now he is up there in the record books.

A 55-year-old South Korean national was arrested after spending almost 25 years in hiding in Thailand, according to an Immigration bureau’s press conference.

He might be fighting for Number #1

Known as  Yang, the suspect was detained at a restaurant in Pathum Thani during a crackdown against foreign nationals overstaying their visas. He legally entered Thailand in September 1994 and remained in the country after his passport expired in June 1999.

Impressive     :thumbsup:

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
20 hours ago, webfact said:

Immigration police on Koh Lipe in Thailand's south moved to arrest a 57 year old British man after an informant reported he had taken a ferry from the Pak Bara pier to the island. 

I hope the "snitch" feels proud for what they did, waking up each morning with a sense of achievement.

Looking at the rising sun and thinking I wonder who's life I screw up today?

12 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

I am not afraid of anyone and they are taking the <deleted> with the rules of this country and only think about themselves.

But it is none of your business, it is the countries business to keep "their" stuff in check.

Farang guys and gals are running dodgy businesses down south, we all know they do, the authorities do too, but they do nothing about it. So why would you get involved when the authorities here pick and choose who to target.

Now if you are so upset about farangs flouting the rules, and you are a tough guy, why don't you go scour the girly bars and grass up the farangs..Why not...?

4 hours ago, transam said:

But it is none of your business, it is the countries business to keep "their" stuff in check.

Farang guys and gals are running dodgy businesses down south, we all know they do, the authorities do too, but they do nothing about it. So why would you get involved when the authorities here pick and choose who to target.

Now if you are so upset about farangs flouting the rules, and you are a tough guy, why don't you go scour the girly bars and grass up the farangs..Why not...?

I don't have time for that, have a business to run.

16 hours ago, Scot123 said:

Aready taken them. You are a bit of a joke. "I'm connected." .. Lmfao. You serious. Are you 10 years old.....? 

Probably hard to understand for somebody in your position. I run a multinational business and meet a lot of CEO's, business owners and government officials.

30 minutes ago, FritsSikkink said:

Probably hard to understand for somebody in your position. I run a multinational business and meet a lot of CEO's, business owners and government officials.

I know what position you are in, a "busy body" position..????

On 10/23/2019 at 12:54 PM, Scot123 said:

The same, same on here. Bad, bad farangs out but I'm good, good, good..... Really First overstay is not the crime of the century “Stupid" yes. Could there be more to the dive instructors story, most likely. Any dive professional back when I was an instructor on Kow Tow back in 2003/4 if I remember correctly will know what devastating damage a dodgie greedy thai visa agentcan do and will also know that work permits in the diving industry are as rare as rocking horse dodo so don't be twisted and nasty to people who do so much for thai tourism and as for 22 days overstay OMG = public humiliation. Why not bring the Stocks to all immigration offices where twisted and bitter farangs can purchase rotten tomatoes to throw and geer at any farang arrested with smugness and righteousness. I wonder how many of the righteous on here use agents to deal with their visas on here? Just remember you to are criminals "you are required to go to immigration in person". 

"and will also know that work permits in the diving industry are as rare as rocking horse dodo"

Nonsense. The vast majority of dive instructors here on Phuket has a workpermit. The Americans, Europeans, most of the Russians, Chinese and Koreans. The main violators will be the Chinese..

3 hours ago, FritsSikkink said:

One wonders where you'd find the time for your 'overstayer investigations'?

On 10/23/2019 at 10:18 AM, Sticky Wicket said:

Another filthy grass! 

Obviously a woman he's <deleted> off or a Thai who sees him as competition.

Good ! it is bastards like him that make it more difficult for us genuine visa holders. I hope that they put the <deleted> in jail for breaking the law before they throw him out, he is a selfish lazy <deleted> as far as i am concerned, him and any others like him. If i come across any overstayers i will report them, i am angry.

On 10/23/2019 at 12:54 PM, Scot123 said:

The same, same on here. Bad, bad farangs out but I'm good, good, good..... Really First overstay is not the crime of the century “Stupid" yes. Could there be more to the dive instructors story, most likely. Any dive professional back when I was an instructor on Kow Tow back in 2003/4 if I remember correctly will know what devastating damage a dodgie greedy thai visa agentcan do and will also know that work permits in the diving industry are as rare as rocking horse dodo so don't be twisted and nasty to people who do so much for thai tourism and as for 22 days overstay OMG = public humiliation. Why not bring the Stocks to all immigration offices where twisted and bitter farangs can purchase rotten tomatoes to throw and geer at any farang arrested with smugness and righteousness. I wonder how many of the righteous on here use agents to deal with their visas on here? Just remember you to are criminals "you are required to go to immigration in person". 

He knew the rules but chose to ignore them tough titty, another "Cheater" caught. Hope that they catch more.

On 10/23/2019 at 3:05 PM, Scot123 said:

What a self righteous ball of fun person you are! "this kind of people" what an abhorrent thing to say. I hope people who know you read this and watch you like a hawk and the moment you step out of line, drop litter, drive after a few beers, speed, use an agent to do your visa report you to the police. Nasty.... 

But he is still right and i would do the same.

On 10/23/2019 at 5:12 PM, kevinmartyn said:

People that inform on others are just "low lifes" or something you pick up on your shoe when out for a walk!

So just for that "warm fuzzy feeling" you would protect the very ones who are making life harder by breaking the rules. What a fool !  Call me what you like but i will do it if i find one  because it is justifiable.

Archived